Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
paul_r_d

Default financing a fiesta

Hello
I was just wondering if anyone here has financed their Fiesta, and if you wouldn't mind telling me who with and what ya monthly repayments are. Dont know if I should finance through Ford Credit or get a personal loan through my bank.
Thanks

paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I think Ford Credit is through GE money, not sure they have the best rep. Bank might be a better bet.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
Jess85

both our fiestas have been through Ford Credit but i dont make the repayments so i dont know how much they are
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Easiest thing to do is find out

a) interest rate
b) fees.

Some have early exit fees, and the interest rate is the biggie .......
Some banks & blding societies have the lowest rates, sometimes the dealer finance is the same rate.

Cheers,

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #5
Nappa
Impressive...

my fiesta is finance through Toyota Finance, i've found them to be really good, and whenever i've had any issues they were quick to fix them.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
RATT
In a Pug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r_d
Hello
I was just wondering if anyone here has financed their Fiesta, and if you wouldn't mind telling me who with and what ya monthly repayments are. Dont know if I should finance through Ford Credit or get a personal loan through my bank.
Thanks
Peter Warren Ford in NSW use GE Money. Very competitive against the likes of Ford Credit etc.
RATT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

My fez is financed through Esanda and my monthly repayments are $565.95/ month over 5 years.
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 11:37 AM   #8
Adsy01

Ford credit used to be a part of esanda years ago...

Be weary of GE's rates. they vary heaps depening on the applicant, if they wont tell you the rate when you are doing the application stuff then tell them to get stuffed.

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
paul_r_d

Thanks people! So far the best I have come across is a loan through Westpac at 9 point something percent interest. They have a student package where the interest rate is lowered by 0.05, so I guess it will be a bit cheaper.
paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
whooligan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I pay about $530/month on a business lease thru Esanda for my XR4. Because I'm self employed, Ford Credit didn't want to touch me....If I had a trade-in I could have got it for about $450 but I needed to keep my ute and both cars + reg + insurance are about the only legit tax deductions I have.
whooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post