Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #91
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: USA Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

Everyone hated wogs in the 1940s/1950s/1960s - now you're all eating my pizza and drinking my coffee and Italian-Australians are a huge diaspora, the cafe across our manufacturing location I've been having Italian coffee made by a Vietnamese woman!
Funny, my upbringing in North Western Victoria showed me that its the children of immigrants that have just as many issues with race. In fact they proactively inflamed the situation...but we were high school kids, would be interesting to see if they still hold he same values.

Which was always insane as my generation was obviously 99.9% born and bred Aussie, I DGAF where your parents are from, your Aussie and if you are an Australian citizen born elsewhere then your technically Aussie.

So many "wog" kids thought they were of some higher breed and if you uttered a bad word they would pull the Mafia together....

At the end of the day again, DGAF where you are from, make the coffee and pizza great and no complaints, Im not ASIO doing a visa check.

I am disappointing that the USA issues have been used to bring up issues here, if it was such an issue why only in the last couple of days start marching around? if have out issues, and out systems and processes in place to review. If we need to be doing more or target areas better then that should also have a process, but you cant fix everything in one hit.

(BTW my my is a "wog", well fake "wog" Austrian, so Im allowed to make these comments. Thats how it works?)
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 10:10 AM   #92
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Just shows how these this can be blown out of proportion.
Seems we forgot all about the Cronulla riots with the media hyping up the race card.
My understanding of it was a bunch of middle eastern guys consistently hassling girls on the beachfront until some local beachgoers, surfers and lifesavers got sick of it and did something about it.

On the US riot thing..... Media again....reporters complaining of police brutality while out filming during curfews but none of these fools seem to be wearing any identifying Hi vis garb to draw attention they are indeed media.
Just holding a camera and a mic doesn't ID you as media these days.

3 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 10:21 AM   #93
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post

On the US riot thing..... Media again....reporters complaining of police brutality while out filming during curfews but none of these fools seem to be wearing any identifying Hi vis garb to draw attention they are indeed media.
Just holding a camera and a mic doesn't ID you as media these days.
Good point, it would be mayhem and how does a cop know. Mind you I am not up to speed on the "laws" for media, do they get any dispensation on curfew etc.

I dont know what the first step is, but, media broadcasts and fact check needs to be brought into line. But then who's line, who is the judge? Ultimate responsibility is with the consumer but there needs to be a better watch dog system.

Just think of a topic you/we are knowledgeable about, look how the media report on it and then stop and think about all the topics we are not familiar with and how much of the reports are biased BS. Bit scary.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
6 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 10:30 AM   #94
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Good point, it would be mayhem and how does a cop know. Mind you I am not up to speed on the "laws" for media, do they get any dispensation on curfew etc.

I dont know what the first step is, but, media broadcasts and fact check needs to be brought into line. But then who's line, who is the judge? Ultimate responsibility is with the consumer but there needs to be a better watch dog system.

Just think of a topic you/we are knowledgeable about, look how the media report on it and then stop and think about all the topics we are not familiar with and how much of the reports are biased BS. Bit scary.
Some of those media beatup clips seem like they deliberately put themselves there to get this reaction from the cops in running split second decisions.
When you see, say war correspondents, they have hi vis, or bright coloured outfits (helmets) with media written in HUGE letters front and back with a large plastic ID tag around their necks.

3 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #95
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Some of those media beatup clips seem like they deliberately put themselves there to get this reaction from the cops in running split second decisions.
When you see, say war correspondents, they have hi vis, or bright coloured outfits (helmets) with media written in HUGE letters front and back with a large plastic ID tag around their necks.
Yes it is like they are being baited with is a low act.

There should be some international standard as you say for visibility.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
This user likes this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #96
Work Horse
Budget Racer

These Australian reporters don't seem to be wearing any ID or hi vis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5GNB_7cQxY

They appear to be keeping out of the way and just filming, not provoking anyone.

There was no curfew, police just clearing protestors so Mr Trump could make an appearance in the street.

The cameraman was hit in the stomach without warning; the female reporter was hit across the back as she was running away.

May be the Washington Cops hate sunrise as much as most Aussies do?
Old 03-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #97
sixman

Quote:

Yeah, you are so right. The failed states of America is a warzone. Send in the UN peacekeepers with hi vis white vests!
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
Old 03-06-2020, 12:48 PM   #98
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post

5 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 01:00 PM   #99
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5GNB_7cQxY

They appear to be keeping out of the way and just filming, not provoking anyone.

There was no curfew, police just clearing protestors so Mr Trump could make an appearance in the street.

The cameraman was hit in the stomach without warning; the female reporter was hit across the back as she was running away.

If you think a police or military line will charge like that without warning your kidding yourself, the crowd would have been given a direction to clear the area many, many tines before such action is taken..

The curfew from what they are reporting (which I’ll take with a grain of salt) was in effect as of 30mins from when the Police line moved, that’s 30mins to be at home off the streets not to be making way from the area, these protestors want to play hard ball and now that’s what they have got.

As for our media, wear some ID and high vis, stop being part of the protest and report on the action and when the Police say move, get moving.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #100
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Funny, my upbringing in North Western Victoria showed me that its the children of immigrants that have just as many issues with race. In fact they proactively inflamed the situation...but we were high school kids, would be interesting to see if they still hold he same values.

Which was always insane as my generation was obviously 99.9% born and bred Aussie, I DGAF where your parents are from, your Aussie and if you are an Australian citizen born elsewhere then your technically Aussie.

So many "wog" kids thought they were of some higher breed and if you uttered a bad word they would pull the Mafia together....

At the end of the day again, DGAF where you are from, make the coffee and pizza great and no complaints, Im not ASIO doing a visa check.

I am disappointing that the USA issues have been used to bring up issues here, if it was such an issue why only in the last couple of days start marching around? if have out issues, and out systems and processes in place to review. If we need to be doing more or target areas better then that should also have a process, but you cant fix everything in one hit.

(BTW my my is a "wog", well fake "wog" Austrian, so Im allowed to make these comments. Thats how it works?)
I agree, this is an issue that is common around Melbourne, not sure about Sydney but they appear to have a huge Middle Eastern population out West who may behave similarly but I'm only speculating, I can only talk from experience from Melbourne and my own family.

Put it this way my parents and my uncles and aunties consider themselves 'wogs' rather than Aussies even though they were born here, they grew up isolated from Australian society, went to school surrounded by other kids who are the same then had their own families and have still passed on similar ways of thinking to my generation - which is why you have certain outdated viewpoints common amongst particular communities - it can show up in racism or problems with treating women poorly etc.

It's probably not something the average person has a good understanding of unless you have experienced it in your own family or grown up in the more multicultural cities - with Adelaide I notice it's a very Anglo city compared to Melbourne and Sydney and probably avoids some of the ethnic ghetto problems to a degree, someone in Brisbane identified me as being from Italian heritage solely on my 'Melbourne wog accent' as they hadn't heard people talk like that since they moved from Melbourne

75+ years later we're still making the same mistake of allowing ethnic ghettos to form like we did with my family where they form their own community and don't partake in our society - to the point my old man had to learn English at school as he spoke a dialect of Italian only.

Keep getting the same result and wonder why there's constant issues with the newcomers.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 01:54 PM   #101
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
If you think a police or military line will charge like that without warning your kidding yourself, the crowd would have been given a direction to clear the area many, many tines before such action is taken..

The curfew from what they are reporting (which I’ll take with a grain of salt) was in effect as of 30mins from when the Police line moved, that’s 30mins to be at home off the streets not to be making way from the area, these protestors want to play hard ball and now that’s what they have got.

As for our media, wear some ID and high vis, stop being part of the protest and report on the action and when the Police say move, get moving.
Lmao

So if you were the reporters, you would get back to the office and the boss would say ,'did you get the shot of the protestors running from the charging police?'

You'd say,' narr the police said to move on so we did'.

This is now the subject of a formal complaint/please explain from the Australian government.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #102
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Lmao

So if you were the reporters, you would get back to the office and the boss would say ,'did you get the shot of the protestors running from the charging police?'

You'd say,' narr the police said to move on so we did'.

This is now the subject of a formal complaint/please explain from the Australian government.

I’m saying when the protestors are told to disburse as per Police instructions and you decide to stay there, and your not identifying yourself as media in anyway don’t be surprised when your treated the same as everyone else defying orders.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #103
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
This was one of the clips I was referring to.
2 jokers hiding behind a plinth with a camera and mic. (note someone else filmed them) Both dressed in black top to toe and NO identifications what so ever showing who they are.
No signs , flag, bl**dy red flashing light, saying AU press, nothing.

FFS, What did they expect the cops to do, just walk past them.

3 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #104
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
This was one of the clips I was referring to.
2 jokers hiding behind a plinth with a camera and mic. (note someone else filmed them) Both dressed in black top to toe and NO identifications what so ever showing who they are.
No signs , flag, bl**dy red flashing light, saying AU press, nothing.

FFS, What did they expect the cops to do, just walk past them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
I’m saying when the protestors are told to disburse as per Police instructions and you decide to stay there, and your not identifying yourself as media in anyway don’t be surprised when your treated the same as everyone else defying orders.
I think you have the wrong end of the stick fellas.

I'm not attempting to change your mind.

The reporters were doing their job they are not complaining.

They were live to air.

This is the best thing that could of happened to them.

Someone else filmed it and now it has gone viral.

I can't think of worse PR for the Cops at the moment.

They hit a women in the back with a baton as she ran away fom them.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #105
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They hit a women in the back with a baton as she ran away fom them.
Yep, they're shooting at people on their own porch because 'curfew'. It doesnt take much for US police to revert to power-tripping thugs.
3 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 05:06 PM   #106
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Yep, they're shooting at people on their own porch because 'curfew'. It doesnt take much for US police to revert to power-tripping thugs.

That’s what happens when a large proportion of their leo’s are veterans.
You take a military man, train him to kill, send him on tour after tour to the middle east where they will face all sorts of deadly **** then when they leave the military they have nothing to go back to.
Many turn to law enforcement as the next closest thing to the military.
Except, they get six months (maybe) of training of how how to deal with people that aren’t their enemy.
When **** gets real, what training do you think takes over?
Most cope just fine, but even if it’s 1%, their sheer numbers make it a large amount of Leo’s that are probably not really fit to be wearing a badge.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:44 PM   #107
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And now I hear that 'protestors' have been going through a homeless camp in LA targeting the white homeless, burning their tents and mattresses.

Any empathy I had for this issue just vapourised.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #108
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
And now I hear that 'protestors' have been going through a homeless camp in LA targeting the white homeless, burning their tents and mattresses.

Any empathy I had for this issue just vapourised.
It appears that is their goal, to get viewers (voters) disconnected with the underlying cause! It happened yesterday.
https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/01/riote...-hear-anguish/

The US gov is blaming Antifa for all this violent chaos. But how do you know?
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/w...xNmYJO44sKhubE

Seen this?
https://twitter.com/S247Ro/status/12...195138048?s=20

Best thing is move aside all the noise, opinions and propaganda. Have a listen and read from the black community... Jamie Foxx, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, the majors, the governors. Or a bit closer to home, Nic Nat, Buddy Franklin. Apparently Chad Wingard is so upset with the media coverage, with suggestions that Australia doesn't have the similar problems, that he is refusing all media interviews with mainstream channels.

Last edited by T3rminator; 03-06-2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #109
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp
Where were all the protests in the USA when the Police shot and killed an Australian women not that long ago.
The cop was black, while the victim was white. That's not even a story in the USA.

Imagine if the roles were reversed. More riots.

You do have to shake your head when the majority of the crime in the US is caused by black people, and then they wonder why the cops target them. But playing the victim is easy I guess.

They really are their own worst enemies. But it's easier to blame the white people than better yourself.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 09:12 PM   #110
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The cop was black, while the victim was white. That's not even a story in the USA.
And the cop got 12 years inside. A year before that a white cop (with an hispanic name) shot a black man and walked. That's when the riots started. Blacks are doing a lot to help themselves; one made it to be president even. But the right spent years trying to delegitimise him by making claims about his nationality. One moron even sent investigators to Hawaii to get his birth certificate.

Not denying there are real problems in black communities. But helping them help themselves might be a better idea than waving a confederate flag to let them know you support those who fought to keep slavery.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 10:57 PM   #111
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about the 77 year old black guy defending his jewellery shop from looters, shot dead.
Wonder if the shooter was wearing a Black Lives Matter Tshirt.
Nobody see the irony in this scenario.
6 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2020, 11:24 PM   #112
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
How about the 77 year old black guy defending his jewellery shop from looters, shot dead.
Nothing surprising there; we already know the US has a high crime rate, the most people in jail of any developed nation, a screwed justice system, no decent health or welfare, an insane gun culture and incredible levels of inequality. Years of warmongering corrupt leadership has left them with crippling debt and generations of their young men permanently damaged by their experiences.

I'm surprised the riots are as small as they are.
5 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 12:09 AM   #113
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Post the video.

The Project
73 XB GS Fairmont Coupe K-Code.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:30 AM   #114
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post

Not denying there are real problems in black communities. But helping them help themselves might be a better idea than waving a confederate flag to let them know you support those who fought to keep slavery.
Yes, this topic is way more complicated than some people are making it out to be. Walk a mile in their shoes.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 07:38 AM   #115
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Throw in having 38M unemployed in a country like the USA that treats it's people like **** without healthcare, virtually no social programs and a population of working poor who've been locked up in their homes because of a global pandemic that was wrecking havock.

I'd say you'd be pretty upset with life so when the opportunity to cause **** with a low likelihood of being caught shows its head people will start looting and smashing **** up to feel like they're getting one up on 'the man'.

Sprinkle in the second amendment and what a recipe you've got for a footlong **** sandwich.

The same thing has happened in the past and it'll continue into the future because meaningful change takes effort and costs money.

BLM is a great cause and all but when are people going to look at all aspects of cultural issues in the USA that are leading to this problem and divide? Means you need to do more than look at the convenient half the story and do more than posting black squares on social media.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:00 AM   #116
superyob
Banned

BLM, like many social 'justice' groups, all come from the same source; Marxist agitators and their powerful backers. They are all stamped with the same agenda; anti Western civilisation. The followers are too stupid to grasp the fact that revolutions always eat their own. None of these groups exist to benefit anybody but those who want absolute power...
Old 04-06-2020, 10:36 AM   #117
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Language warning:

Old 04-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #118
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That first young black kid in the video from Coupeking is a very enlightened young man.
Good for him on calling out his own that are making it worse.
Hope he doesn't get flogged for it, he speaks the truth.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #119
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Covid, China, US Riots, all have one thing in common, people will believe what they expect.

For every 1 of those videos recently posted, there are probably 10-20 with the opposing view. So who is right? Who is wrong? Dunno.

PS. Looks like I was wrong about Europe. Its starting to break out in London and Paris

Last edited by T3rminator; 04-06-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:46 PM   #120
marty351
Shenanigans..............

And good on the second man for calling out the establishment.
The moment Trump won the election, ranks were closed and the petty global elite have done nothing but try to re-establish the status quo. And since all this riot/loot/protest crap began, msm have been repainting the pictures of the past three years with such bias that you would think Murica is about to plunge into civil war with a one party outcome, and sacrificing their first amendment rights to do it.
In the last several days, the world has watched the greatest democracy be eroded to a simple hive mind, all thanks the the msms constant anti-Trump brainwashing efforts.
Closed Thread