Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #31
GXL Guy

Default Re: LV Focus issues - boot light

Hey all,
as far as the boot light goes, I put one of these in my car. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-Car...item415fb38a26
Lights up the whole boot & half the street as well - and for $3.30 you can't go wrong.... Comes from Hong Kong, so delivery takes a couple of weeks, but I've now bought from this crowd a few times & all good.
Fords, gotta love 'em.....

Last edited by GXL Guy; 03-12-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Forgot link
GXL Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #32
ConradP

Default Re: LV Focus issues.

I have just started hearing a noise from my windscreen when going over bumps.. Don't have a clue if it's a bad thing or normal, but just doesn't sound nice...

It sounds as if it's coming from the seals..
Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #33
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP
I have just started hearing a noise from my windscreen when going over bumps.. Don't have a clue if it's a bad thing or normal, but just doesn't sound nice...

It sounds as if it's coming from the seals..
Are you sure it's not from the front door seals ? if it is try rubbing them with a dry lube stick (bit like using a big greasy crayon) my door seals were making a lot of noise when going over bumps (mainly at low speeds though) didn't sound real good, a quick run over with the dry lube and the noise hasn't returned as yet

If it's not that is there any chance that the brace you put on the front has stiffened things a bit too much or maybe something isn't sitting properly since removing stuff to do the install
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #34
ConradP

Tried loosening it a bit today, seems like it's better, the noise is less than it was at least.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Ok, here is a new one.

I have recently been hearing ticking / creaking sounds from my right ear when driving. My guess it was movement from contraction and expansion with temperature changes. But recently I have noticed that it still happens with hardly any temp change, and only in the first 15min of driving give or take.

My worry is that it is something to do with the pillar airbag mechanism???

Anyone else hear this?
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #36
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Ok, here is a new one.

I have recently been hearing ticking / creaking sounds from my right ear when driving.
Maybe try rubbing some Vaseline behind your ear and see if that stops it

The dry lube stick on the door seals might be worth a try at least
Old 07-12-2011, 02:26 AM   #37
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok, here is a new one.

I have recently been hearing ticking / creaking sounds from my right ear when driving. My guess it was movement from contraction and expansion with temperature changes. But recently I have noticed that it still happens with hardly any temp change, and only in the first 15min of driving give or take.

My worry is that it is something to do with the pillar airbag mechanism???

Anyone else hear this?

the side airbag is in the seat so i woulndt be concerned about that if the pillar is where the sound is comming from, I have herd a slight creak from the a pillar trim but a bit of a tap ususally puts it back in place & fixes it
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #38
fromthefridge
Starter Motor

I've had a creaking sound on and off since i picked mine up a month and half ago. I brought it up when I had it in for a rattle behind the dash and they diagnosed it as a loose seat bolt. It's back again, but I have to take it in for the 3000km service soon so they can sort it out then.
fromthefridge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #39
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
the side airbag is in the seat so i woulndt be concerned about that if the pillar is where the sound is comming from, I have herd a slight creak from the a pillar trim but a bit of a tap ususally puts it back in place & fixes it
You sure about the airbag location? While I do have a tag on the seat saying side airbags or something like that, there is also a square panel above the pillar seatbelt mount that says the same thing.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #40
ConradP

Quote:
You sure about the airbag location? While I do have a tag on the seat saying side airbags or something like that, there is also a square panel above the pillar seatbelt mount that says the same thing.
Yeah same thing for mine, isn't that the curtain air bags?
Old 08-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #41
rand0mn00b

Quote:
Yeah same thing for mine, isn't that the curtain air bags?
yes, that makes the 6 for the focus

2 x front
2 x side
2 x curtain
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 12:04 AM   #42
Skid Marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
This seems as good a place as any...

Drove the car to and from a place tonight, about 20-25 mins each way, mostly cruising at 80-100kph, the odd bit of foot-down stuff, but nothing major.

Decide to stop at a car-yard near home (checking out an XR5, as it happens). Get back in the car, put key in ignition. Nothing. No click. No lights in dash. Oh, no. I shift the gear into neutral, then back. Still nothing. A few more times. Still nothing.

I open the bonnet, poke around mostly ineffectively, look at the battery for inspiration. The cover is a bit loose prior, so I jam it on and prepare to need to call the RAC. More in wishful thinking, I stick the key in the ignition and it starts. I go home. Stop. Start again. No dramas.

So, should I be worried, or is it just a one-off "one of those things that happen"? I should add the car is only about 18 months old, and I haven't had a hint of an electrical gremlin before, so I wouldn't have thought the battery was on its way out.
Well, don't think that the XR5 will be any better. I've had an XR5 for about 18 months now. It uses a start button with a proximity sensor system for the 'key'. Every so often it just won't start. The key is always in the same place that usually works. The battery is fine (both the key and main car battery) but everything just goes dead. It stays dead no matter what I do for up to a few minutes, then when its good-n-ready it starts! Because my clutch is like a variable dog-clutch (another thing I've never been able to control) I sometimes stall the thing when the clutch bites unexpectedly. My big worry is stalling this thing at a level crossing or similar and finding I can't restart it!

So why don't I bother taking it back to Ford - I'm sick of getting the usual story that there's nothing wrong.

This is my first and last Ford.
Skid Marx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #43
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Marx
Well, don't think that the XR5 will be any better. I've had an XR5 for about 18 months now. It uses a start button with a proximity sensor system for the 'key'. Every so often it just won't start. The key is always in the same place that usually works. The battery is fine (both the key and main car battery) but everything just goes dead. It stays dead no matter what I do for up to a few minutes, then when its good-n-ready it starts! Because my clutch is like a variable dog-clutch (another thing I've never been able to control) I sometimes stall the thing when the clutch bites unexpectedly. My big worry is stalling this thing at a level crossing or similar and finding I can't restart it!

So why don't I bother taking it back to Ford - I'm sick of getting the usual story that there's nothing wrong.

This is my first and last Ford.
If there's something wrong there's something wrong, press them, take it to a diff dealer, if you must contact someone higher up, if you don't try you will never get anywhere.
Old 17-12-2011, 09:28 AM   #44
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If there's something wrong there's something wrong, press them, take it to a diff dealer, if you must contact someone higher up, if you don't try you will never get anywhere.
I agree with ConradP, don't just give up on it, if you don't push the issue at them they will never do anything about it for you. If the vehicle is still under warranty, then as said, take it to another dealer and voice your concerns LOUDLY, especially as it is obviously a safety issue I hate to see a great car given a poor review for the sake of what is probably a simple fix once they diagnose it correctly
Old 17-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #45
extra_g
Starter Motor

I too have the spring sound and feel from my accelerator pedal. BUT this morning when I got into my car and drove off instead of hearing and feeling the spring I got a grinding crunching sound. I bought the car used and have had to lube up a few things here and there as it must have been in unfavourable conditions that have dried them out. I thinks what ever this unit is that is springing and crunching also need a lube.
Does anyone know where I can find the culprit so I can service it?

Thanks.
extra_g is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #46
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra_g View Post
I too have the spring sound and feel from my accelerator pedal. BUT this morning when I got into my car and drove off instead of hearing and feeling the spring I got a grinding crunching sound. I bought the car used and have had to lube up a few things here and there as it must have been in unfavourable conditions that have dried them out. I thinks what ever this unit is that is springing and crunching also need a lube.
Does anyone know where I can find the culprit so I can service it?

Thanks.
sorry mate cant help you with that ....dont own one, assuming its still your accelerator pedal making the grinding and crunching noise , ive often found over the years , a can of wd 40 or something similar with the little tube in the nozzle is very good at directing a stream of lube to un-lubed parts, and often a good squirt in the general direction of the offending item will often alleviate squeeks and grinds , you just have to put up with the smell for a while .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post