Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
Batman105E

Default Strange Problem with MB TDCi Titanium Hatch

Hello,

As stated in a previous thread we have had our Mondeo since October, have been very happy with it, my missus uses the car to travel to work in Shepparton once a week a 600k round trip.

This morning she calls me and says that she stopped for a break and the car went "haywire". After she hit the power button to switch it off the car then wouldn't lock, wouldn't detect the key, wouldn't start and all the time the car was clicking, buzzing and making whirring noises with the HMI showing all signs that the engine was still running or at least that the car was on!

She called RACV and while waiting, she called our dealer and spoke to the foreman who asked her to get the RA serviceman to check the earth strap behind the kickpanel on the passenger side. When the servicemen arrived he was reticent to pull anything apart to check so instead disconnected the battery, this seemed to reset everything and fortunately the missus was able to finally get to work at Shep nearly an hour and a half late.

We have had intermittent issues with the radio and bluetooth phone connectivity but had put this down to the phone, but maybe the two are related somhow and there is a little electrical gremlin?

Has anyone had similar issues?

My wife is now convinced we have a Friday build car...

We have now had the following things - there was no compliance sticker (instead two tyre placards), the washer bottle filler neck was not fitted to the car from the factory, fuel spill issues on fill up that is not yet resolved, radio/bluetooth and now this computer/brainfart.

Car is booked in tomorrow and I will report back any findings.

Steve.

Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post