Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default 2015 Focus ST

So the face lifted version of the Focus ST has been released during the day
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/592...us-st-revealed

-Dont mind the new wheels, 19's too
-New interior isnt bad and not as busy (Not that i dislike mine)
-Hate the rear bumper and lower front bumper, too much black plastic.
-Love the bonnet, its a small detail, but i like it.
-Love the new tech inside

Will i upgrade? I dunno, i said id never even bother with the MKIII ST at all, well that didnt turn out as planned.

- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: 2015 Focus ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
So the face lifted version of the Focus ST has been released during the day
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/592...us-st-revealed

-Dont mind the new wheels, 19's too
-New interior isnt bad and not as busy (Not that i dislike mine)
-Hate the rear bumper and lower front bumper, too much black plastic.
-Love the bonnet, its a small detail, but i like it.
-Love the new tech inside

Will i upgrade? I dunno, i said id never even bother with the MKIII ST at all, well that didnt turn out as planned.
New wheels look great. About time there was a change, and the colour of them is a good way to go as well.

Yep, new interior seems as though it was a good move, too.

Love the rear bumper work. I think the black breaks up the full-on colour wall that the current ST has. I had considered getting that rear indent painted black for that very reason, but just couldn't bring myself to doing it. And I don't mind at all the tweaking of the front: gives it a more aggressive look, I think. Not sure about the headlight profile: looks great from on front but they appear to 'bulge' awkwardly from that side on shot?

Yep, agree the bonnet looks great. Kind of looks similar to what we can expect on the FX XR8 (except not as big, of course)

Tech doesn't really phase me one way or the other, so I can live with any changes they make. I just hope they have ironed out the bugs of SYNC!

My lease on the ST is due to expire next July, so I think the timing will be just about right for me to upgrade!

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Yeah depending my situation, i may be due to upgrade aswell.

The interior, it looks like the current US spec, so i wonder if Euro spec will be different. Thing is its hard to tell what OZ will get so cant really comment i guess.

Also forgot to add, i did read that 19 inch wheels are US only which i find hard to digest but who knows.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 28-06-2014, 12:48 AM   #4
ronnas07

Looks great. Same engine as current model so I'm happy to stick with my13 for now. Good to see the engine mounts have been upgraded. About time!
ronnas07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've never been a big fan of the front bumper on the ST, but those small changes make a huge difference. This one looks much, much better!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Here is a press release from Ford UK, i doubt we will get all of even half of this but still.
Refinements for the upgraded 2015 Focus ST include:

• Redesigned, sportier front and rear fascias
• HID headlamps standard with ST2 and ST3 trim levels with Recaro seats
• Standard LED signature lighting
• 18-inch Rado Gray alloy wheels standard
• Available new 18-inch alloy wheel design with red painted brake calipers
• New exterior color, Magnetic Metallic, replaces Ingot Silver
• Two over-the-top stripe choices now available – Satin Black and High Gloss Red, stripes come with matching mirror skull caps
• Redesigned instrument panel center stack with improved climate controls and new finishes
• New center console with more storage space including a new media bin with USB smart charging port, which charges two times faster than previous USB port
• Updated front door storage with cupholders
• New flat-bottom steering wheel to provide extra leg clearance for the driver
• Available heated steering wheel
• Available eight-way power driver’s seat
• Revised steering for improved feel
• Rear view camera standard

Enhanced driving dynamics
Ford Team RS, the award-winning European arm of Ford’s Global Performance Vehicle group, made improving the entire driving experience the No. 1 objective for the new Focus ST.

The sports suspension features all-new front springs and sportier shock absorber tuning front and rear to deliver even sharper dynamic performance. The electric power-assisted steering has also been revised to provide the Focus ST driver with improved steering feel.

"We are proud Ford has long enjoyed a reputation for producing performance hatchbacks with superb driving dynamics, and the new Focus ST further ups the ante," said Nair. "The engineering enhancements to the suspension and steering deliver greater responsiveness, agility and precision – all of which will reward the performance enthusiast with an exhilarating driving experience.”

Ford’s 2.0-liter EcoBoostŪ engine uses turbocharging, twin independent variable camshaft timing and high-pressure direct injection to deliver uncompromising performance. Peak output of 252 horsepower is available at 5,500 rpm, while torque peaks at 270 lb.-ft. at 2,500 rpm.

The engine is paired exclusively with a six-speed manual transmission with a performance-oriented, short-throw shifter. The gear ratios – exclusive to ST – deliver rapid acceleration in lower gears and comfortable cruising at speed.

Powerful appearance
The new Focus ST features sportier and more aggressive styling than the previous generation, with a lower, wider stance; new dynamically sculpted hood; slimmer headlamps and rectangular fog lamps.

The sports body kit also includes body colored side skirts and diffuser elements either side of the exhaust, and a rear roof spoiler optimized for aerodynamic performance. All new Focus ST models feature twin-hexagonal center tailpipes.

"The design of the new Focus is stronger and sportier, and that allowed us to make the new ST even more aggressive and dramatic,” said Moray Callum, Ford group vice president, Global Design. "The front bumper is deeper, the honeycomb upper grille is higher and more upright, and the lower grille is larger. The deeper rear bumper really emphasizes the width of the car."

Cockpit-style cabin
Ford has redesigned the Focus interior for a more intuitive layout, with a clearer visual connection between key components and significantly fewer buttons in the cabin.

An additional bank of three gauges – an ST hallmark – is situated in a central instrument pod and displays turbocharger boost pressure, oil temperature and oil pressure information. A new, flat-base sports steering wheel with a soft-feel leather covered rim, a satin chrome-topped gear lever and ST pedals deliver the interior ST drivers expect.

Satin chrome door grab handles and aluminum scuff plates with illumination add extra touches of refinement. The car’s sport seats developed jointly by Ford and Recaro provide the support required to fully enjoy the ST driving experience, along with comfort for everyday driving.

The new Focus ST will be available in ST1, ST2 and ST3 trim levels. ST1 seats feature gray/charcoal/anthracite black fabric; ST2 adds partial leather with base and side bolsters available in four colors – Tangerine Scream, Performance Blue, Smoke Storm or Race Red; ST3 seats have full charcoal black leather finish.

Advanced technologies
Driver-assist, convenience and connectivity technologies include Ford SYNCŪ. 2015 Focus ST drivers will have access to powerful capabilities thanks to a host of new functions developers can integrate as they modify their apps to communicate with enhanced SYNCŪ AppLink™.

Android and iOS smartphone owners can download more than 60 AppLink-enabled apps from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Antz Turboside Intake
2 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #7
gassed250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to keen on the Mitsubishi lancer front end
Old 28-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #8
oddnutz

it sort of looks like a Lancer raped a Fiesta ST and the new focus ST popped out 9 months later. but i like it, certainly looks more aggressive.
Old 29-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #9
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks too busy, not an improvement.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #10
Mulga
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Really like to new interior and new wheels, I've always thought the current console is a little busy. Also looks as though they have addressed the engine mount issue. The interior alone would be enough for me to consider an upgrade. I think it's a very tasteful improvement overall.
Mulga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #11
gassed250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulga View Post
The interior alone would be enough for me to consider an upgrade. I think it's a very tasteful improvement overall.
Id say that's an ST3 interior and we wont see it here

current ST3 interior
Old 07-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #12
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

This is the new colour Magnetic Metallic.

I actually don't mind this colour at all, looks very classy....in a sporty kind of way....

Craig H

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This user likes this post:
Old 07-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #13
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Our interior is ST3 minus heated full leather electric seats and rear recaro.
- Antz Turboside Intake
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #14
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Makes the decision come end of lease a hard one.....a new ST or a FZ XR8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 07-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #15
gassed250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Id be more inclined to say its an ST2 interior with a parts of an ST3 console We don't get the ST3 carpet

But either way we wont see the pictured new interior in aus
Old 11-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #16
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassed250 View Post
Id be more inclined to say its an ST2 interior with a parts of an ST3 console We don't get the ST3 carpet

But either way we wont see the pictured new interior in aus
The American interiors are different to the European interiors. All Euro spec interiors are the same as that American spec ST3 you have posted, albeit without the MyFord Touch.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post