Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
matt6n
Starter Motor

Default 2012 or newer

Hi,

Any advice... Possibly going to buy a Focus Sport before EOFY. There are some 2012s for around $22k or brand new for $26k+

Any problems I should look out for? I'm looking for a manual. Is the 2014 or 2013 any better than the 2012? They look pretty similar to me.

Thanks for any help

matt6n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
80rs

Default Re: 2012 or newer

are you after auto or manual
80rs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
Freemanjr
Starter Motor

Hi Matt6n,

I've only just bought mine in the past week and had the same questions when doing my research. I bought a 2014 so the current model has the coloured skirts and under bumpers. They also have a better SYNC system to what I've been told, could also be a sales pitch. I've also hears the Mk11 has a tight turning circle, better steering and better suspension, but could be that sakes pitch again to seal the deal. I think apart from trim levels and colours, they drive the same to what I've been told. I've inly had mine a few days and impressed with its drive, so far so good. Hope this helps..

John
Freemanjr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #4
Rakira
Starter Motor

The models are pretty much the same, however apparently the 2012 speakers system, are a bit bad compared to the 2013-2014
Recently purchased the new 2014 model, don't go for 26k, mine was offered at that price but i got it down for 22.2k
Manual too, love the car.. really smooth
Rakira is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #5
Freemanjr
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakira View Post
The models are pretty much the same, however apparently the 2012 speakers system, are a bit bad compared to the 2013-2014
Recently purchased the new 2014 model, don't go for 26k, mine was offered at that price but i got it down for 22.2k
Manual too, love the car.. really smooth
OMG, what a deal!!! How did you get it at that price??? I cheated with mine. Was going to purchase brand new but found a 2014 second hand with 4500 on the clock, was able to purchase it for $19500 so am happy!!
Freemanjr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post