Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: for fords or for cars?
fords 167 69.01%
cars 75 30.99%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
NIK516

Default Are you on this forum for fords of cars?

So my question is , are you on this forum for the fords or cars ?

Im just asking because im a ford fan but above all im a car fan and am just curious to who is just on because they are ford fans and nothing else?

And who is on because they just love all cars and want to learn about all models?

NIK516 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #2
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love Ford's, but I am the same as you Nik and love cars in general. I like learning about any make and model. I have asked questions about other models on this forum before! I was once looking at a Holden Astra Turbo! Shock horror!
Old 29-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
3vXT

I voted cars generally but to be honest, there is another auto-forum that isn't make specific that i spend a fair bit of time on also. I didn't really start posting on here until i bought my BA but now 99% of my posts are in the pub and bar so its not really an issue
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
Dezza
Parts bin special

I'm mostly a Ford fan, but I can respect a well done up Holden. I like the old Holdens but never really got into the Commodore. I used to be incredibly biased and would only consider a car if it had a Ford badge but I've shallowed a fair bit since then.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

why wouldnt you just post any discussion topics/questions on different makes on a forum that caters to those makes?
Reckon you would get alot more interest on a forum that caters to the specific make..

I'm only interested in Ford's,if I wanted to read pages and pages on LS1's I'd sign up to LS1.com...while reading on a new release and in a general sense on other makes does interest me from time to time,this is AFF and we should always keep that in mind when discussing other makes IMO..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Fords will always be my favourite deep down, but Im a car fanatic of all makes and models. I dont hold it against anyone if they drive/like something different to me......much :P

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm on here as I own a Ford, but am interested in other cars. I don't think we'd find that much information on here about other models, except for the views of us Ford fans.
Old 29-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
why wouldnt you just post any discussion topics/questions on different makes on a forum that caters to those makes?
Reckon you would get alot more interest on a forum that caters to the specific make..

I'm only interested in Ford's,if I wanted to read pages and pages on LS1's I'd sign up to LS1.com...while reading on a new release and in a general sense on other makes does interest me from time to time,this is AFF and we should always keep that in mind when discussing other makes IMO..
I agree, i often think some people forget the name and intent of this forum...

Old 29-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #9
satria
FOXWHO

i'm on here for fords but we do have to keep an eye on the evile red team though, like whether or not they bring out the camaro, mmmmmmm what a car except for that hideous interior.

I'd rather read about other makes on this forum rather than jump between forums, too much messing about that way.

80% fords / 20% cars in general for me...
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 12:24 PM   #10
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Been blue all my life.... Hence why i am a member here........

But like some have mentioned im a car enthusiast in general and can appreciate all makes and models.
Old 29-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #11
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

I originally looked at the forum when considering the purchase of my Territory, I became a member when I needed to find some things for my LTD. Since then Ive enjoyed learning more about my Fords from this forum. When considering different makes I would look at other sites
LTDterri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #12
Steve75
Love Thy Ford

I joined the forum so I could talk about fords , in particular BA falcons!! It's been a mine of info!!! Cheers
Steve75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #13
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Poll needs a 3rd option;

Because this is the best automotive based forum around

I'll vote for cars, though it's really the automotive industry for me. I found this forum because I had a Ford.

Of the Aussie based manufacturers I consider Ford has had the better product/engineering since the early 90's and I admired the Polites led management style and gutsy decision making, I haven't been so impressed with the latest bunch.

I'm still here because there isn't a better forum around, certainly in this country.
Old 29-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
GSjohn

cars i own two rotarys a holden v8 and a ford v8
GSjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #15
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Fords, and the fact this forum has less spankers than some others appear to......

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #16
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

In this Forum I am mostly interested in FORD's. Like the few above, this is what its all about here and the info and quick responses always amazes me.

I am still interested in whats happening with news from all manufacturer's and like to see whats going on but here ....... its a blue world for me.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #17
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Old 29-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #18
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

What about "I have no friends and spend all of my time on here" option !!!
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #19
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im on here as i own a ford so its good to get advice, thoughts from like minded people.
also good to do research on new car i want to buy (bf xr6t). but its also good to have a chat about cars with other people who are deeply into cars.
Old 29-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #20
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I agree, i often think some people forget the name and intent of this forum...
Yes but if we become too myopic and intraverted we run the risk that all forms of inbreeding share, sterility and cretinism.

To attain a complete view one must also observe the surroundings. If it is not compared to its rivals then it is just a transport medium, nothing more.

While this forum has, on more than one occaision, gone off with the pixies within threads, if it were confined to "Ford only, all other posts deleted" then it will very quickly suffocate and die.

Of my nine vehicles currently only two are Fords and my main drive car, for the first time in twenty years is not a Ford, it is a Nissan. The reasons for that are relativley simple but irrelevent here. Does this mean that until my drive car is a Ford I should not have an opinion on Ford vehicles? Or I should never compare Ford products to its competitors?

AFF is arguably the most sucessfull motor vehicle forum in Australia. I believe this is due to its diversity and breadth of content. Other fora, even those Ford oriented, have been less sucessful as they concentrate on a particular model, facet or subculture excluding all others.

Do we really want a forum that consists only of 100 threads concerning V8 vs T6, 50 threads on GT vs T3, 25 threads on what colour stripes go with my new paint and 500 threads on the best brand of cable tie to be used on E series?

I sure do hope not.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #21
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

This is called the ford forum isn't it? I like all makes if they appeal to the eye and the car club I'm in has all makes as well. But when I log on to this forum I log on because it's FORD. If I wanted to talk about other brands then I would find another site. But the blue oval is what I love talking about. And the only other forum I get on is aussie coupes which is only XA/B/C & Landua coupes. And of coarse my own car club forum.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #22
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford.

Dont mind other cars, but i go on other forums for that.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #23
JPDyno

I Like all cars. Im a Holden guy at heart, all three of my cars are Holdens. But saying that, i think Ford have some heavy weaponry too, as do alot of other manufacturers but not quite the big, angry RWD Combo that Im really attracted too.

I like reading info and opinions on all sorts of cars, and from all sorts of people. So Im signed up at LS1 forums, Ford forums, car audio forums, everywhere basically. Im a car forum whore.
JPDyno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #24
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
500 threads on the best brand of cable tie to be used on E series?
I resent that statement. I have never needed a cable tie up until last night. Damn trailer plug plastic broke and I had to tie the plug up so it didn't scrape on the ground. I used twistie ties if anyone is interested.... :

I agree on the statements about going to other forums for info on other manufactures. I'm a member of a French cars forum for the Peugeot and I signed up last night on the Toyota Owners Australia forum last night to try and find out how to remove the back bumper off my Mum's Rav4. I wouldn't really expect that information to be available here on AFF.
Old 29-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #25
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I certainly didn't join FORD FORUMS.COM.AU to talk about a Skoda or a Citroen now did I.

Fair enough if there is a new exotic car out on the market or if someone sees one in the flesh but if I wanted to talk about the advantages of owning a Prius or a Civic Hybrid I'd grow a big beard, only eat vegetables, wag my finger at everyone that owns anything with a normal engine and join priuschat.com.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #26
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think Flappist said it best about the forum's ethos, where it shouldn't be Ford only...that's important...

The intent of this forum is to talk about Fords, but part of appreciating Fords is also seeing what other manufacturers serve up, and appreciating or criticising what they may be.
People often criticise a Ford after driving something else, and any justified comment is welcome as it gives a platform for improvement.
If we didn't look at all cars across the board, cars would not change much.

It's comparisons that allow the bar to be raised continually.

But I came here to talk about Fords mainly, although I will read the occasional review of other cars. I've looked at the other Ford forum and found this one to be far more diverse.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #27
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Wouldn't be here just for Ford vehicles, am here as it is just another automotive site, another site to gauge opinions and to share general car info. If it were just fords only can't say I'd be here, too boring.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #28
Wally
XP Coupe

There are very few brand forums that are myopic... most of them combine discussions on other makes, if only to encourage derision of the enemy.

It's all well and good declaring that, because this forum is headlined as a Ford site, members are motivated to join for 100% Ford discussion, but the truth may well be that the membership is largely comprised of people initially looking for problem solving or technical advice/resource.

Personally I don't have a brand loyalty and did come to this site to exchange ideas on the my XP project. The automotive tools I have and the automotive knowledge I have are not because of Ford fellowship, but decades of modifying many brands of cars, well before internet forums became sovereign of all things cars.

I think Flappist nailed it. As it is, the blind faith threads are very tedious and off putting. Much of it may be tongue in cheek or back slapping, but there are obviously a few beguiled individuals that display a disturbing gullibility on occasion. The Ford brand is only the glue that binds the various topics.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #29
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
I certainly didn't join FORD FORUMS.COM.AU to talk about a Skoda or a Citroen now did I.
I think I may like the new Skoda Octiva a little, anyhow I know its a little scary but hey whats it matter, but dont the turbo or turbo diesels come with the option of DSG?
As I drove my Auntys new VW Golf GTI 3 door with DSG the other week while in NSW and it was a hoot. (first DSG ive ever driven and I loved it)

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #30
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

To me FF.com.au allows us to be blatantly biased on our choice of marque without fear of retribution...............

With so many choices available on the net and print media for all types of discussion on almost any vehicle marque, its great to have a site where we can all share the main FORD biased focus. It has the effect of corellating more passion and detailed discussion from which many of us have benefited ENORMOUSLY........something which would be surely lost if the intent was diluted.

In saying that, you can't live in a vacuum and its also great that we have the option in the PUB and other areas to discuss all and sundry.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post