Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Thirsty003
Starter Motor

Default LV TDCi service intervals

Hi Guys,

my car didn't come with the service books so I rang the previous owner (a leasing company) and they advised all services were done by a ford dealer and are up to date.

I've seen on these and other forums that there seems to be some confusion about whether the Powershift transmission needs an oil change periodically or not. Can someone confirm if it is in the service book or not? If not, where is it written that it is a requirement?

Also, if anyone knows where I can download a copy of the service book or is willing to provide a scanned copy that'd be great. I have one coming from ford but who knows how long that will take.

Thirsty003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #2
bugmesome
Banned

Default Re: LV TDCi service intervals

Well, best to get that service book.

For the LV Focus, the service intervals are 15000km or 12 months. Every 4th service is a "B" service, the other three are "A" services. (So a "B" service at 60000km, then 120000km, etc.) You can check this at the Ford capped price servicing site. In theory the price will never be higher than this. In practice at many Ford dealers, the price will never be lower either...

The transmission is done every "B" service: "Automatic transmission (6 speed): Renew fluid and filter - 6DCT450".
bugmesome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
Thirsty003
Starter Motor

Thanks very much for that. My transmission fluid was done 30k ago then. Service book is on its way apparently.
Thirsty003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Some service books state the transmission is 'sealed for life' and there is no mention of the tranny needing to be done every 60k.

I had an early 2010 LV. The Mondeo log book does state the service, which I'd odd as both cars share the same engine and powershift box.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #5
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Some service books state the transmission is 'sealed for life' and there is no mention of the tranny needing to be done every 60k.

I had an early 2010 LV. The Mondeo log book does state the service, which I'd odd as both cars share the same engine and powershift box.
Ford's owner manuals for the Eurofords are very inconsistent. The Manual transmissions don't have a service interval. But the wet clutch Powershifts need a fluid change every 60,000km.
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post