Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
wizamc

Default 60k Service TDCI

Just a heads up folks.

I had mine done about a month ago and it cost just over $350. Fuel filter was changed, and was a little surprised to find that it was just an element (I was expecting a full unit with a water catching unit to stop water making it to the engine....)

The one thing I did forget to ask was when the injectors get serviced, but the service manager did comment that he thinks 15Kms between oil drops on a Diesel is a little much!!!!

wizamc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
wizamc

Oh, and am still on original tyres.... I wish they would hurry up and die though they are annoyingly noisy.
Old 17-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
RJO89
EuroFordClub

I reckon 15000k's is too much to change the oil on any car, diesel or not. I change mine religiously every 7,500k's. Fair service cost though. What else was included?

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Exclamation

I think the first service is 5,000kms and then the next is 15,000kms, so they'res a 10,000kms difference in between which is ok, but it should be 5,000kms for a new engine.

Last edited by eXtremist; 17-11-2008 at 04:22 PM.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #5
RJO89
EuroFordClub

If you're talking to the peace of mind service, it's at 3000ks, and they don't change the oil. Not on the petrol models, at least...

Old 17-11-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
BlackLS
yum

Yeah 3000k is a test drive and re-tighten some bolts.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
Turbodiesel
Torquer

I'm going in for my 45k service on Saturday, seems as though the major services are every 60k for the diesels.

My old car used to have services every 10k, with my mileage they used to come too soon so 15k is good
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #8
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

i got the 3k done on melb cup weekend, all they did was top up oil (left a mess on the engine cover, oil marks everywhere), coolant and wiper fluid.
Loris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #9
819_FLY

I got my CL in Townsville on a monday. Drove down to Adelaide on the Tuesday, got it serviced on a Friday after clocking 3000kms in 3 days and then back up to Townsville... nice easy driving, did well 800+km from a tank of fuel and now she is coming close to 10000km so just have to get ready to book in for a service.... but yeah the booklet does say 15000km which is a fair wack in my eyes, being a mechanic myself.

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 11:11 PM   #10
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

i just hit 30,000kms....anyone know what is involved and the cost?
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #11
Mansal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizamc
Oh, and am still on original tyres.... I wish they would hurry up and die though they are annoyingly noisy.
Same here - the minute they warm up I'm battling with the stereo to drown the noise of the continuous screeching!

Mine's slightly overdue for it's 30k service (by 2k)...gotta book it in pronto!
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #12
819_FLY

what annoys me is the delay between putting your foot down on the throttle and when it actually takes up, which is like about 1/2 a second.... its annoying going to take off and let the clutch out and the revs havent come up yet..... gnn ga gannn gannnnn gnnnnnn bunnyhop spec.... gets annoying at times, need an exhaust....

Check out 819FLY!!
Old 18-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #13
wizamc

That's turbo lag for you :P

RJO89: Not sure atm. I normally leave my service sheets in the car, but I think the wife took them out for tax time.... Will chase that up.

I was hoping to do an oil drop every 7500kms, they showed me where the sump plug was, but didn't show me the oil filter... Will speak to my local guy and see if he can do it cheap.

AnthonyTDCI: It's a standard service mate, should be the same as your 15,000. Depending also if anything is wrong (doubt it though )
Old 18-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #14
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Ok heres a bad question that I know some of you will jump down my throat about lol

Should I actually lift the bonnet between services?? lol

Its a new car and it gets serviced as per the book and they have a million beeps and lights so do I really need to check?? I've only lifted it twice and they were both to fill the wiper washer fluid lol
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #15
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 819_FLY
what annoys me is the delay between putting your foot down on the throttle and when it actually takes up, which is like about 1/2 a second.... its annoying going to take off and let the clutch out and the revs havent come up yet..... gnn ga gannn gannnnn gnnnnnn bunnyhop spec.... gets annoying at times, need an exhaust....
So true, I feel your pain mate haha
Loris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #16
819_FLY

Yeh.

I wish it was turbo lag hahahaha.... nothing like waiting for 4500-5000 rpm to come round and get that surge of goodness. In the near future, I'll start looking into some BB Turbos prob about 350hp and rebuild kits for the engine so I can get about 200kwatw when im done. Not quite as fun as a 340kw GTR but still would be entertaining none the less.

Anyone know of a software mod for the throttle delay, I would assume there should be one given its fly-by-wire.....

Check out 819FLY!!
Old 19-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #17
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Box
Ok heres a bad question that I know some of you will jump down my throat about lol

Should I actually lift the bonnet between services?? lol

Its a new car and it gets serviced as per the book and they have a million beeps and lights so do I really need to check?? I've only lifted it twice and they were both to fill the wiper washer fluid lol
You should be checking your fluids weekly - oil, brake/clutch, power steering, coolant etc.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #18
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys, Can you report back on what replacement tyres work on the TDCI hatch. That body shape is great for making tyre noise louder than the radio, especially with the factory tyres.
marg99 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #19
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizamc

AnthonyTDCI: It's a standard service mate, should be the same as your 15,000. Depending also if anything is wrong (doubt it though )
i bought my car with about 16,000kms on it so i missed the 15k service :S
Old 22-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #20
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Had my 45k service done today, cost me $265. They recommended an injector clean and anti bactierial treatment for the air conditioner for an extra $170 but I said no thanks. Just another money making scheme.

Still have 70% left on my pads
Old 27-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #21
~Spyne~

30,000km service:

replaced engine oil and filter
checked air filter and all fluid levels - top up as required
check battery terminals for cleanliness and security
checked drive belts and adjusted tension as required
inspect cooling system incl radiator and hoses
checked under body for damage and fluid leaks
inspect exhaust systems for signs of wear or damage
inspect fuel cap, fuel vapour control valve and fuel lines
checked fuel and emission system
inspect suspension and steering components for wear and damage
inspect brake pads, calipers and discs
checked clutch pedal travel and adjusted as required
check brake pedal height and hand brake lever operation
checked lights, wipers, washers, horn and electrical systems
checked all tyre pressures including spare and rotated wheels
lubricated bonnet lock, hinges, door hinges and stops
checked vehicle for outstanding recall or service campaigns
road tested vehicle and reported any defects

~$210

*i had wiper refills done, as well as balance/front end alignment, which was another ~$120

unfortunately in the 3000km since this service, i've developed a very disturbing knocking sound from the rear....noticeable at rolling speed in reverse, and very noticeable at 40-70km/h, and then as a bad vibration (and noise) above 95km/h
going into ford tomorrow to have checked....worried about what it might be, and what it will cost
~Spyne~ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #22
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Spyne~
unfortunately in the 3000km since this service, i've developed a very disturbing knocking sound from the rear....noticeable at rolling speed in reverse, and very noticeable at 40-70km/h, and then as a bad vibration (and noise) above 95km/h
going into ford tomorrow to have checked....worried about what it might be, and what it will cost
great maybe something i can look forward to *sigh*

hope its nothing serious. let us know what it turns out to be.
Old 28-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #23
819_FLY

Quote:
30,000km service:*i had wiper refills done, as well as balance/front end alignment, which was another ~$120
I can I say OUCH!!! Wipers are 20 max... and alignment would be around 50 for most places.....

Ford are known for thier COMPETITIVE pricing when it comes to servicing.

Check out 819FLY!!
Old 28-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #24
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

just dropped of my car at ford for its 30k service. guy qouted me $340 for it! i queried that price and he said it should be less than that because i bought the car from them etc etc....load of crock i think. wont be going back if they charge me that much!
Old 28-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #25
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyTDCi
just dropped of my car at ford for its 30k service. guy qouted me $340 for it! i queried that price and he said it should be less than that because i bought the car from them etc etc....load of crock i think. wont be going back if they charge me that much!
That's bollocks, retail price is $365 so they should be charging you around $100 less. 30k is the same as 45k and I didn't pay that much.
Old 29-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #26
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

just got my car back. They charged me $270 for the 30k. They are ordering me a new power window module for my drivers window. Covered under warranty.
Old 29-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #27
Mullett
Badly Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by 819_FLY
Yeh.

I wish it was turbo lag hahahaha.... nothing like waiting for 4500-5000 rpm to come round and get that surge of goodness. In the near future, I'll start looking into some BB Turbos prob about 350hp and rebuild kits for the engine so I can get about 200kwatw when im done. Not quite as fun as a 340kw GTR but still would be entertaining none the less.

Anyone know of a software mod for the throttle delay, I would assume there should be one given its fly-by-wire.....
Yup, I'm getting mine done by BPT motorsport, they can flash the standard ECU, unlock a bit of power, and also sharpen the throttle up to 1:1 ratio, I'll post up how it all goes when I get back and get it done...

As far as service intervals go, 15k is oookkkk...I guess. If you do a lot of kms, and a lot of longer trips, it's probably totally fine, if you do a lot of short runs, I'd be changing the oil out inbetween services (7.5k), but I wouldn't worry about the filter. That being said, how long are you going to keep the car? If it's more than 150 000km, then going a bit over the top on services will pay out in the long run, but any less than that, sticking to the factory interval would be fine.

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #28
RJO89
EuroFordClub

That's great to hear someone is getting some software mods done to their car. When is it getting done mate? Looking forward to hearing how it all goes. I'd give anything to get rid of that damn delay on the throttle. Drives me insane!
Do you know if BPT Motorsport are going to make it freely available in the form of a handheld type device similar to dreamscience or bluefin? Because that would be awesome! Bit far to drive to Perth to get it done!
Just had a quick look on their website and they mentioned about having a flasher box available for the focus, but not a lot of details. More info ASAP!!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 12:05 AM   #29
~Spyne~

AnthonyTDCI >

turns out the knocking noise was actually loose wheel nuts on the rear passenger wheel.
i had checked the rear drivers, as that is where it sounded like it was coming from (to me, while driving)
i guess some fool tried to steel a wheel from me, and got interrrupted. but, because i had to take it to ford to find this out (yeah, i probably should have been more thorough in my check beforehand), it cost me $67 for them to 'fix'
oh well, at least it wasnt anything serious
~Spyne~ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2008, 02:25 AM   #30
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
AnthonyTDCI >

turns out the knocking noise was actually loose wheel nuts on the rear passenger wheel.
i had checked the rear drivers, as that is where it sounded like it was coming from (to me, while driving)
i guess some fool tried to steel a wheel from me, and got interrrupted. but, because i had to take it to ford to find this out (yeah, i probably should have been more thorough in my check beforehand), it cost me $67 for them to 'fix'
oh well, at least it wasnt anything serious
I had the EXACT same problem!! Except mine was the front passenger wheel. Fortunately they fixed mine for free