Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #10
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Just bought a husky chainsaw 236 model, it’s lovely, quiet, easy to start, but I run out of things to cut down, I enjoy it that much.

Stihl make great machines, I bought a FS38 line trimmer 3 years ago, only now has it been hard to start, so is in getting fixed.

But my huge eye opener has been my ozito LI battery powered telescopic hedge pruner. I have a shindaiwa 2stroke hedge trimmer, which has been great, but I was sick of lugging it up ladders to prune topiary, and getting headaches from the fumes. I fully intended to buy the ryobi set up, but it was more money for less features and warranty. Geez, the LI battery tech has come a long way, I bought a 4.0AH Battery for it, goes for ages and charges quick. No fumes, headaches or ladders.
I have just bought a Stihl battery powered hedge trimmer for the same reasons you list. Swinging a two stroke powered hedger for hours on end really strains the body. Because of the nature of task, you end up with the exhaust blowing smoke and fumes all over your body and have to deal with a engine practically banging away in your ears.

I was pretty concerned that a battery powered tool for this job might not cut the mustard. I bought the light model with aim to reducing body fatigue and bough a second battery with a high capacity. Very pleased with it so far and battery charge levels are sufficient to compete several jobs before needing a recharge.

I'm converted, and this is from someone who loves two stroke POWER.

(Oh, I totally know that feeling when you run out of things to chop down)
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: