Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 10:32 AM   #15541
nearlythere

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Don't buy toilet paper.
Buy good food.
This user likes this post:
Old 02-10-2021, 10:40 AM   #15542
slowsnake
Banned

Got no teeth..
Old 02-10-2021, 12:07 PM   #15543
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Jeez some people just want to live in a cave scared of a virus with a 99.XX% survival rate?

If someone I know dies from it, it's god's will. If they have had their vax and it wasn't enough to save them then that's just the way it is. People die everyday from all sorts of things.

I'd rather die living my life than being locked up and scared of a virus. That's no life.
It's a horrible way to die though, not quick and painless.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2021, 12:28 PM   #15544
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
He wouldn't want to think of that, it is just easy to say 'oh well if someone dies, tough titties'

It is easy to say unless the person is a relative or you have to stand there and watch them die, and I have watched a couple of people die from trauma and it ain't pretty
Old 02-10-2021, 12:32 PM   #15545
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 1st 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,997 new cases for Australia and 19 deaths so the CMR is 1.222%. The ACT had a record high 52 cases.

18 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.629%.

The UK had 34,589 cases yesterday and 127 deaths for a CMR of 1.744%.

121,146 new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,128 deaths sees CMR at 1.618%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 235M, the last 1M in 2 days;
Global deaths pass 4.8M, the last 50k in 7 days;
Asia passes 76M cases;

Barbados (228);
Angola
(829); and
Singapore
(2,909)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Russia moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Albania and Malaysia drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #15546
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 814 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9795 (from 0.9866) while the actual line remains a below the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve again. Note: the change to 3rd order instead of 4th order is to assist with smoothing the trend.

VIC records 1,488 cases in the current period (another new record) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.1062 (from 1.0872) while the actual line is well above the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 02-10-2021, 01:22 PM   #15547
.:4:.
Kicking back

Ahh, Victoria, always trying to follow the trends of NSW.... that was a poor attempt of me making a joke. If its true dan will resign next.....
Old 02-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #15548
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Death is easy, it's either by natural attrition as in old age, you just slip away quietly in your sleep, like my Granny, dads mum aged 84, or like her son, my father, 14 months of pure nastiness was his reward, that was hard to take, and his son our youngest brother of 5 kids, his death destroyed our family, Datsun 1600, stopped, hit right in the middle of the drivers side, a drunk in a 351ci XB Coupe, 100kph!

No, death is a tip toe through the tulips, but its the pain and suffering leading up to it that gets ya, it's gnaws away at ya, 24/7 and if you are not strong it will destroy you too, death is a blessing, a hard fought respite from a long hard life, I welcome death, no worries here, and I can say that from experience, pain too, from experience!
Old 02-10-2021, 01:41 PM   #15549
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Ahh, Victoria, always trying to follow the trends of NSW.... that was a poor attempt of me making a joke. If its true dan will resign next.....
No Politics
Old 02-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #15550
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another equal record for ACT of 52. If not tomorrow then in a couple of days we will overtake total WA cases.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #15551
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
and there is the crux of it, a belief that some fairy is responsible for everything so that you can wipe your hands of any responsibility

Poor form to blame so imaginary fairy my friend - step up and take responsibility
Oh ye of little faith. The universe works in mysterious ways son. One could be forgiven for thinking that this might be a test. Those societies that looked out for one another, made the sacrifices, will come out not only alive, but will thrive. IMHO.

On another note, was taking a stroll through Frydo's seat of Kooyong this morning. Walked into a shop to get some lunch. Owner had the Vic update on full blast, was funny to hear Tim Pallas going...bang...bang and bang!!

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:29 PM   #15552
Trevor 57
is now there

Tim cut loose didn't he
Old 02-10-2021, 03:39 PM   #15553
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well due to my son's childcare being exposed earlier in the week, we are in isolation until 11th.
Fortunately the Mrs and I are fully vaxxed, just hoping that our son doesn't get sick.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
4 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2021, 04:39 PM   #15554
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Well due to my son's childcare being exposed earlier in the week, we are in isolation until 11th.
Fortunately the Mrs and I are fully vaxxed, just hoping that our son doesn't get sick.
My Mother always said that she hated it when us 5 kids were sick, only because we couldn't tell her what was wrong!
Old 02-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #15555
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Had my second pfizer jab this arvo, got into the cubicle and handed my appointment form over, nurse says you haven't waited 3 weeks.
I said i didnt book this appointment, to be honest i didnt even consider that its only been 19 days due to the stuff up and delay they made at my original 1st booking.
She said who booked it, i said the people out the front.
When she said?
On the 13th when i had my first jab i said.
Oh, let me see my supervisor...

Supervisor comes in, when did you have your 1st jab?
13/9 i said, like it says on the form and on the computer screen.
But its only been 19 days he says.
I know, we just came to that conclusion.
Why did you book it so soon he says.
I didnt i said.
Who booked it then he says?
The friendly people here at your clinic mate, why, did they stuff that up too?
What do you mean stuff that up too, he says.
So i tell him about the delay in having my first jab due to their change of policy in regards to people with heart conditions and lack of notifying already booked appointments until they are in attendance.
Oh, so you had your first jab delayed but didnt postpone your second as you should have?
NO, the second was booked HERE in the minutes following my first jab by YOUR staff, did they stuff that up too...?

Oh, he says, no we've been told we can jab after 19 days.
How convenient i said....
5 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2021, 06:38 PM   #15556
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's some crazy sheet right there.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2021, 08:14 PM   #15557
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m wondering how they will deal with those unfortunate people in Victoria who received straight saline injections by mistake.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2021, 08:49 PM   #15558
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’m wondering how they will deal with those unfortunate people in Victoria who received straight saline injections by mistake.
Put em under a steam roller, spread em with butter and use em as crackers!
Old 02-10-2021, 08:51 PM   #15559
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Had my second pfizer jab this arvo, got into the cubicle and handed my appointment form over, nurse says you haven't waited 3 weeks.
I said i didnt book this appointment, to be honest i didnt even consider that its only been 19 days due to the stuff up and delay they made at my original 1st booking.
She said who booked it, i said the people out the front.
When she said?
On the 13th when i had my first jab i said.
Oh, let me see my supervisor...

Supervisor comes in, when did you have your 1st jab?
13/9 i said, like it says on the form and on the computer screen.
But its only been 19 days he says.
I know, we just came to that conclusion.
Why did you book it so soon he says.
I didnt i said.
Who booked it then he says?
The friendly people here at your clinic mate, why, did they stuff that up too?
What do you mean stuff that up too, he says.
So i tell him about the delay in having my first jab due to their change of policy in regards to people with heart conditions and lack of notifying already booked appointments until they are in attendance.
Oh, so you had your first jab delayed but didnt postpone your second as you should have?
NO, the second was booked HERE in the minutes following my first jab by YOUR staff, did they stuff that up too...?

Oh, he says, no we've been told we can jab after 19 days.
How convenient i said....
Unless it was imperative you needed to be double dosed, i would have thought the better option here would be to push the 2nd jab out a few weeks Bent.

They obviously should have considered the date of your future booking when adjusting the first delay. More incompetence
Old 02-10-2021, 08:53 PM   #15560
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Seriously. Missed that one.
Who got the undiluted jabs?
Old 02-10-2021, 09:49 PM   #15561
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Seriously. Missed that one.
Who got the undiluted jabs?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...take/100506516
2 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2021, 10:10 PM   #15562
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Unless it was imperative you needed to be double dosed, i would have thought the better option here would be to push the 2nd jab out a few weeks Bent.
It certainly wasnt imperative to have it today, infact i called the SA Gov Covid line today and asked to postpone my appointment as we were 90 minutes away from home looking at a vehicle this morning and didnt really want to return for the 12.30pm appointment, they told me if i didnt arrive at my appointment by 3pm at the latest it would be late November before i could get another appointment booking so i just made my way back and had it done.
To be fair to them i didnt even realise myself that it was only 19 days as i've had quite a bit going on in the past month and it was probably the least of my worries if im honest.
It sure felt like more than 3 weeks since i had the first, i just turned up in the end because it was the easier option so its as much my fault as anyone else, but having said that, im also not getting paid to make these bookings so if i was as bad at my job as they are at theirs i probably wouldnt have one lol.

Quote:
They obviously should have considered the date of your future booking when adjusting the first delay. More incompetence
Thats the thing, the scheduling of the 2nd dose had nothing to do with the delay of the first.
When i booked a date for my first jab(3/9) i also booked a second for 3 weeks later(24/9) as is suggested.
When i attended that initial first jab booking and was turned away there was no changes made to any of my bookings i was just listed as a no show and given a VIP code on my form to walk in when i was ready.
I returned as a walk in on the 13/9 and received the first jab.

Before i even got to sit in the observation lounge after the jab i was ushered to the booking line to book my 2nd dose.
When i spoke to the person at the desk i explained that i already had a booking for the 2nd jab(24/9) but due to the delay in my first it would be too soon at only 11 days (13/9 to 24/9) and so needed a new 2nd jab booking 3 weeks from that day(13/9) the person cancelled my original 2nd dose booking and rescheduled it for today, problem was, it was only 19 days later.

It was simply a case of not counting the days between when i was standing there in front of them and the date they gave me.
When you think about it, we are putting our faith in people who cant even count to 21 on a calendar thats right in front of their faces.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:21 PM   #15563
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
It certainly wasnt imperative to have it today, infact i called the SA Gov Covid line today and asked to postpone my appointment as we were 90 minutes away from home looking at a vehicle this morning and didnt really want to return for the 12.30pm appointment, they told me if i didnt arrive at my appointment by 3pm at the latest it would be late November before i could get another appointment booking so i just made my way back and had it done.
To be fair to them i didnt even realise myself that it was only 19 days as i've had quite a bit going on in the past month and it was probably the least of my worries if im honest.
It sure felt like more than 3 weeks since i had the first, i just turned up in the end because it was the easier option so its as much my fault as anyone else, but having said that, im also not getting paid to make these bookings so if i was as bad at my job as they are at theirs i probably wouldnt have one lol.

Thats the thing, the scheduling of the 2nd dose had nothing to do with the delay of the first.
When i booked a date for my first jab(3/9) i also booked a second for 3 weeks later(24/9) as is suggested.
When i attended that initial first jab booking and was turned away there was no changes made to any of my bookings i was just listed as a no show and given a VIP code on my form to walk in when i was ready.
I returned as a walk in on the 13/9 and received the first jab.

Before i even got to sit in the observation lounge after the jab i was ushered to the booking line to book my 2nd dose.
When i spoke to the person at the desk i explained that i already had a booking for the 2nd jab(24/9) but due to the delay in my first it would be too soon at only 11 days (13/9 to 24/9) and so needed a new 2nd jab booking 3 weeks from that day(13/9) the person cancelled my original 2nd dose booking and rescheduled it for today, problem was, it was only 19 days later.

It was simply a case of not counting the days between when i was standing there in front of them and the date they gave me.
When you think about it, we are putting our faith in people who cant even count to 21 on a calendar thats right in front of their faces.
Probably a silly question but couldn't you get it done at a Dr or Chemist?
Old 02-10-2021, 10:28 PM   #15564
slowsnake
Banned

I had my first Pfizer jab on 29th September, asked about 2nd jab and they said 3 weeks, I said can I get it here, they said yes, I said what day/date, she said as she handed me an A4 booklet to log into the website in the leaflet!

I got home and an email was waiting in my inbox, opened it up and it thanked me for having the vaccination, it had a link which I clicked, sent me to a Health webpage and put my details and a personal code number/ letter password.
Then I chose what time, and the date was Wednesday 20th October!
Too easy, 3 weeks from that date, and I attend a vaccination hub!
Old 02-10-2021, 10:45 PM   #15565
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I had my first Pfizer jab on 29th September, asked about 2nd jab and they said 3 weeks, I said can I get it here, they said yes, I said what day/date, she said as she handed me an A4 booklet to log into the website in the leaflet!

I got home and an email was waiting in my inbox, opened it up and it thanked me for having the vaccination, it had a link which I clicked, sent me to a Health webpage and put my details and a personal code number/ letter password.
Then I chose what time, and the date was Wednesday 20th October!
Too easy, 3 weeks from that date, and I attend a vaccination hub!
Every State is different in how they go about it.
Here in SA you can book your first jab online and it automatically gives you the next available booking for your 2nd atleast 21 days after the first.
You can pick a later date but cant book any earlier.

My initial bookings were 21 days apart to the day.
It wasnt until they turned me away at my 1st booking that it all went to ****.

My Wife did her bookings exactly the same way and because she was able to get her 1st jab on the correct day she had the 2nd on the correct day.

My problems started when they changed their questionnaire without notifying bookings already scheduled and began turning people away.
Considering they send out a text on the day you have a jab, how hard would it be to send one out about changes to the criteria to allow people to act accordingly and not end up with what ive had happen.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:51 PM   #15566
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Probably a silly question but couldn't you get it done at a Dr or Chemist?
Not silly at all, just not something id given any thought to.
I just figured I had a booking and turned up accordingly as it really shouldnt require such drama from so called professionals doing it hundreds of times a day.

I justify my experience like this, if i lined up with 99 other people it would be me with the short straw, if you swapped those 99 people for another 99 people and had a second crack it would still be me holding the short straw, its just my luck, lol.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:59 PM   #15567
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Every State is different in how they go about it.
Here in SA you can book your first jab online and it automatically gives you the next available booking for your 2nd atleast 21 days after the first.
You can pick a later date but cant book any earlier.

My initial bookings were 21 days apart to the day.
It wasnt until they turned me away at my 1st booking that it all went to ****.

My Wife did her bookings exactly the same way and because she was able to get her 1st jab on the correct day she had the 2nd on the correct day.

My problems started when they changed their questionnaire without notifying bookings already scheduled and began turning people away.
Considering they send out a text on the day you have a jab, how hard would it be to send one out about changes to the criteria to allow people to act accordingly and not end up with what ive had happen.
Here in Tas you can walk into one of several pharmacies,and get done on the spot.wait 15 mins to make sure there is no immediate reactiion,then off you go.come back in 12 weeks for the second jab
2 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2021, 11:33 PM   #15568
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The Victorian system seems pretty good in as much as you can make your initial booking on-line or (as I did) just ring the local clinic and they make the 2nd for you after you've had the first. As they were still doing 12 weeks for AZ that's the gap I got and am happy with even if it does mean it will be November before I'm double vaccinated.

You also get an email to confirm that appointment and then text messages in the few days leading up to it.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 02-10-2021, 11:36 PM   #15569
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Here in Tas you can walk into one of several pharmacies,and get done on the spot.wait 15 mins to make sure there is no immediate reactiion,then off you go.come back in 12 weeks for the second jab
Is that Pfizer or AZ and Moderna?

Chemist Warehouse is doing AZ and Moderna but doesnt list Pfizer.

Terry White Pharmacies are offering the same.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:46 PM   #15570
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The Victorian system seems pretty good in as much as you can make your initial booking on-line or (as I did) just ring the local clinic and they make the 2nd for you after you've had the first. As they were still doing 12 weeks for AZ that's the gap I got and am happy with even if it does mean it will be November before I'm double vaccinated.

You also get an email to confirm that appointment and then text messages in the few days leading up to it.
Thats how it should work Russ, leave the 2nd booking until the day you have the first incase of any unexpected delays.
Like everything with Covid, its adapting on the fly and i get that but there should be some common sense applied.

When i got knocked back at my first appointment and was given a VIP code to walk in i asked if they'd do the same for my 2nd dose as it would be affected by the delay and was told no.
The correct answer should have been yes and we apologise for the inconvenience, that would have left it up to me to complete the 21 days as had i walked in before the 21 days the computer would have flagged it as it did today.
The fail safes are in place, its the human element that broke down in two area's, they refused to allow me to walk in for the 2nd and instead stuffed up the booking for it.

Question is, why does an average punter like me get that but they dont.
Closed Thread