Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Newcastle > Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions

Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions General Chit and so forth!

Closed Thread

Old 24-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 
Default A couple of Questions

Hi all,

I was looking into joining Newys XR and FPV club a little over a year ago. However after being sent all the material, I was told that I couldn't be a full member as I didn't have an XR or FPV.

However I was talking to Shaz (FLUTTERINN) this morning and she was saying that she was talking to a few of you guys at Rockabilly and said that a few things had changed and so I was wondering whether guys like me with 'lower spec Falcons' can now become full members?

I'd love to have a club to do cruises and shows with.

Jasen

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 24-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Shaz just contacted me and told me that no XRs and FPVs are only allowed... So she was mistaken. Questions answered then.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 09-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
urbancowboy

Interesting! I don't want to ruffle to many feathers but if you click the link to the website hosted by Shannons insurance and then go to the photos you will see a Mondeo in the photos from the cruise! So that throws the whole theory of XR or FPV only! Also does this mean owners of EB GT's and EL GT's are not welcome? they are neither a XR nor a FPV yet owners of the lesser EB XR's or EL XR's would be welcome????

Stew that one over!
****el's drive Rotaries, Four in-line is a waste of time, Six in-a-row just won't go, If you really want something great, drive a great big Ford V8! God made Holden's to keep w*****'s out of Ford's, and yes I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
Ricksta5
GI99LY

come to the next meeting in Feb Jason, there are a few non fpv or xr cars in the club
Old 13-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
BO55XR
startermotor+supercharger

the mondeo on the cruise is an xr therefore can be in club and i think that eb gt's and el gt's are tickford so they to can be in club
Old 13-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
urbancowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BO55XR
the mondeo on the cruise is an xr therefore can be in club club
Ahh ok so a XR5 counts! as would a Focus XR5's and even the Capri XR2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BO55XR
and i think that eb gt's and el gt's are tickford so they to can be in
But the club is called "FPV and XR" NOT "FPV, XR and Tickford", Sorry but im just pointing out something that doesn't really make sense.

Why Doesn't the club just say something like "Our name is XR and FPV, but we welcome Ford performance car's of all type's, including Australian, European, and American"?
****el's drive Rotaries, Four in-line is a waste of time, Six in-a-row just won't go, If you really want something great, drive a great big Ford V8! God made Holden's to keep w*****'s out of Ford's, and yes I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden!
Old 13-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
NFURY8 Ute
Formerly Quick 5.4L

FPV stands for Ford Performance Vehicles, i beleive ur mr brooks that ur ford should be allowed as it is a performance vehicle thst has australias first twin screw supercharger,

I am with u on this 1 urbancowboy, i am apart of the newcastle bseries crew and welcome any model of ford to a cruise wether it be from a new 5L fg down to a e series, just because ur not of a certsin model should not exclude u from goin to a meetin or makin new mates, we all have the same oval on our car.

For Go:
custom exhaust, BPR CAI

For Show:
Power bolge hard cover n spoiler, bonnet n hard cover decals, 20'' CSA RAZORS, Pedders Ultra lows
Old 14-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
WazzaXR8
Stunt Driver

OK People. Firstly, when we set up the Club, we went through all the right channels and got approval from FORD to use logos, names etc. The members of the Club at the time chose the name and helped design the logo. Since there were already several clubs in existence around the country, the decision was made to fall in line with that name, creating an affiliation with clubs in other areas/states.

Since the club is licenced by Ford with the name and logo, we cater for a wide range of FPV, XR & Tickford vehicles, ranging from stock standard to modified performance vehicles, and are allowed a percentage of other vehicles as associate members.

Ford have set guidelines that all approved clubs must follow as you would expect.
Old 14-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
urbancowboy

Thanks for clearing that up Wazza!
It seems like the politics forces the club to jump through hoops like a trained pooch, but at the end of the day so long as your car is a Ford you are welcome.
Closed Thread