Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Never thought i'd be asking, but.....

I'm becoming more and more interested in the Focus. Saw one today at work coming off the truck and i was really impressed with how it looked, took it for its test run later on and it went pretty well (was a manual 1.8).

If i was to get one i would most definately want it to be a 5 door hatch, im not really fussed on the transmissions - it seems auto is the way to go because of the 2L engine, but i dont really like the slugishness of it. Yet to find an auto one at work so i will wait and see.

I have absolutely no idea of what each model has etc (going to do some studying tomorrow), but i know what i want:

* Must be a 5 door hatch
* Must have the 17" wheels (not a prob to get tho)
* Reasonable space in the boot (want to be able to fit a guitar or 2 in there if possible)

And a few other things but they're all dealer fit so it's no worries to get (i work in spare parts so i can get as many as i want lol).

If i get one i'll be trading in an AU2 Fairmont, so i would expect to spend probably about $20-22000 on the car itself? Also depends on the deal i get through work etc, but sticking around that price range for now.

So guys, you know them better than i do, what can you recommend, what should i look for, what should i avoid etc.

Thanks!