Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Default Mods for WS Fez.

Well after another night working on the Terri (I'm running out of things to do to it) I thought I looked over at the missus's Fez and wondered "what could I do to that?" It got me thinking without going overboard, (High flow air filter and maybe a exhaust to give it a baby growl). What other mods have people done and what are their thoughts on the subject. I've been looking at side skirts (5 door Zetec) for a while but haven't found a set at a price I've liked yet.

Cheers

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: Mods for WS Fez.

Ring Dale Ford Sydney: they get supplied by a Chinese bodyshop nearby for bigger 'fake' Zetec kits. Just don't be surprised if something goes wrong.... lol (see other posts)

Speaking of mods for the WS manual, does anyone know of a workshop who can remap the ECU/tune the car? Ive got KN filter, exhaust and always run the thing on 98, so hopefully can get a bit more power out of it with a decent tune. Ive rung several workshops in the Sydney area but no one knows anything about the Fiestas: just been told to buy aftermarket ECU from them for $2500, excluding tune.... lol.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
LT5PLA

fake zetec kits? lol from where?

also interested in some aftermarket sideskirts for my misses 5 door zetec.

something that should of been done from factory, kinda looks like they forgot to put the side skirts on with the rest of the kit lol
LT5PLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

as in non-genuine ford replica parts - based on the zetec kit, made and painted on the cheap, then sold to you by the dealer so u can rice up and fiesta in the range. $500 fitted and painted, and no I didn't buy the kit for my CL
Old 13-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
Caydus

Wonder if there's any mods to somehow lock the fuel filler flap.

I mean, any passer by could jam a funnel into the capless fueling thingy and pour a litre of water into your fuel.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
kboukes

quoting above, i agree totally, this is the only downside to the fiesta i could find. I want a locking fuel cap!!!
kboukes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Yes, I know - but it also makes it impossible to add octane boost/injector cleaner because, as Ford says, it is 'tamper proof.' Maybe from careful owners but I agree, if someone slammed a funnel or pipe through it they could stuff your car very quickly.
Another tick for Ford's design genius.
Old 14-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
Caydus

can't you pour in the octane boost/injector cleaner through the funnel included in the temporary mobility kit?
Old 14-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
Fi.ES.TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caydus

I mean, any passer by could jam a funnel into the capless fueling thingy and pour a litre of water into your fuel.

You must have some enemies for someone to pour something down your fuel tank.And then if it was locked there gonna get you by keying your car or some sort of other damage.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
Caydus

I just remember a few years back, we had a hire car on vacation in Auckland NZ. We were staying the night in the CBD in a hotel, street parking only. In the morning we found the car with the side smashed in. It wasn't the case of some drunk guy falling onto it, it really looked like someone had taken a sledgehammer to it.

The car was a boring 4 door Korean hatch, unmarked and we didn't know anyone there. It was a truly random attack.

Just saying, anything can happen, the less avenues of attack the better. A keying might leave an ugly mark, can be covered up a bit with a good paint job. A smashed window or slashed tyre can be replaced.
But if you drive off with a substantial amount of water in your tank and end up with a broken con rod tearing a hole in the side of your engine... That's a whole different ballpark.
Old 15-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #11
understated
Starter Motor

I thought if the car was locked you couldn't open the fuel flap...
understated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #12
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by understated
I thought if the car was locked you couldn't open the fuel flap...
Nope you can still open it. There is no lock at all. It's going to be great when thieves/kids figure this out. Shove a funnel and a small hose and bye bye fuel.

I wonder if you can go to ford and buy the funnel. Then it'll be even easier for them.
Cheers

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
Old 16-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #13
geelong festy

Ford make a lockable fuel cap and is available on ebay.com and several ford dealers who ship internationally. Cheap, but postage costs more than cap !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caydus

geelong festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #14
somers181

I had similar concerns with easy access to petrol tank and Ford saying they had nothing available, am presently waiting on postage costs for Ford lockable cap from US. They are US$21.95 each or AUD $20.84 and have asked for postage cost for 1, 3 or 6 caps, if anyone else interested, will order a few and hopefully we can save on postage costs.
Let me know if you are interested and i will post total costs plus postage cost to send to you if feasable..............
The fuel filler flap just needs to be bumped against and will pop open....... Ford should have had a lock on the flap operated from inside the car if they werent going to supply a fuel cap!!!!!!!
Old 16-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #15
geelong festy

Try this link to check out gas filler cap price and postage from the states from a seller who freights internationally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Locki...ht_1375wt_1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by somers181
I had similar concerns with easy access to petrol tank and Ford saying they had nothing available, am presently waiting on postage costs for Ford lockable cap from US. They are US$21.95 each or AUD $20.84 and have asked for postage cost for 1, 3 or 6 caps, if anyone else interested, will order a few and hopefully we can save on postage costs.
Let me know if you are interested and i will post total costs plus postage cost to send to you if feasable..............
The fuel filler flap just needs to be bumped against and will pop open....... Ford should have had a lock on the flap operated from inside the car if they werent going to supply a fuel cap!!!!!!!
Old 16-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #16
Caydus

If it works as advertised, I'm interested if enough other people are.

Are there any pics? How does it lock?

Edit: saw geelong's post after I posted. Says it ships to the US only. Is that the same cap you're talking about?
Old 16-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #17
geelong festy

Just checked and it says:
worldwide USPSUS Postal Service Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box varies
$17.95
USPS Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope varies
$33.95
Fiesta WS, Milltek tubular exhaust manifold' 200 cell cat, full milltek stainless race system, j1 CAI, Bluefin remap, ford race shifter, Team Dynamics Race rims 17x7', Spax Coil Overs, iridium plugs, CFM 8.5mm leads, R1 drilled & grooved discs & ceramic pads, HEL braided s/s brake lines, econetic front under tray & fitting kit, CG Belt lock, Bridgestone RE002, Armster arm rest, Rack limiter, PowerFlex Bushes.

FOR SALE!!
Old 17-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #18
Junkie
Chilli Orange

Yup, I am interested. Does it come with its own key? or can we get it keyed to our key....
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #19
photn
AFF Post NAZI

All modern cars have anti fuel extraction devices built into them.

you can shove a hose down there, but just try sucking it out....wont work....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #20
Caydus

Not worried bout that. Rather people adding to your fuel tank
Old 17-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #21
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd say worry about it when it happens. Chances are that it would take you 5 lifetimes worth of living for your numbers to come up on that one, worst case is the car would need the tank draining
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #22
somers181

This is the ebay advert that posts worlwide, just waiting for postage costs to Australai, it might be cheaper just to buy and have posted to yourself, it comes with two keys. As with Caydus, its not what you can get out but what people can put in is the big concern...............

It wont let me post the picture but you can seach via item number as follows: 170626822619, will know next week of their postage costs, item is not the same as above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FUEL_PLUG_3.jpg (4.2 KB, 35 views)
Old 17-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #23
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
All modern cars have anti fuel extraction devices built into them.

you can shove a hose down there, but just try sucking it out....wont work....
Hmmm I did not know this. Thanks for the info.

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Old 18-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #24
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
Ring Dale Ford Sydney: they get supplied by a Chinese bodyshop nearby for bigger 'fake' Zetec kits. Just don't be surprised if something goes wrong.... lol (see other posts)

Speaking of mods for the WS manual, does anyone know of a workshop who can remap the ECU/tune the car? Ive got KN filter, exhaust and always run the thing on 98, so hopefully can get a bit more power out of it with a decent tune. Ive rung several workshops in the Sydney area but no one knows anything about the Fiestas: just been told to buy aftermarket ECU from them for $2500, excluding tune.... lol.
Herrod do the flash tune on them. The gains aren't big in overall kw. They don't have a graph to show the overall improvement across the range tho. They do the tune on 98 RON.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #25
somers181

I have just received an email back from the above US company selling the locking fuel plug, they are $21.95 each and they can post max of 4 in one box for $17.50 so it will be alot cheaper than buying individually. I am happy to place order for 4 if others are able to confirm they are definitely interested in purchasing, then if you are in Sydney you can pick up from Homebush or Blacktown otherwise you will have to pay postage elsewhere, let me know if there is anyone else interested, need at least 2 others to make this feasable, preferably 3.
Old 19-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #26
Caydus

I'm down for it, ill swing by homebush to pick it up.
Old 27-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #27
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

"Herrod do the flash tune on them. The gains aren't big in overall kw. They don't have a graph to show the overall improvement across the range tho. They do the tune on 98 RON."

Thanks, but rang Herrod. They only do the 2L XR4. They don't do the WS 1.6, no market for them to waste time with. Thanks anyways
Old 27-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #28
Junkie
Chilli Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by somers181
I have just received an email back from the above US company selling the locking fuel plug, they are $21.95 each and they can post max of 4 in one box for $17.50 so it will be alot cheaper than buying individually. I am happy to place order for 4 if others are able to confirm they are definitely interested in purchasing, then if you are in Sydney you can pick up from Homebush or Blacktown otherwise you will have to pay postage elsewhere, let me know if there is anyone else interested, need at least 2 others to make this feasable, preferably 3.
If you still haven't done it yet, I am interested.
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #29
somers181

I purchased 4 last week and will post up details when they arrive, hopefully before end of next week..............