Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Pepscobra,
RC is on the money.
I went onto a mental health plan (a VERY hard thing for me to face up to, but something had to be done!) I think I did 9 out of 10 sessions.
Whilst this didn't cure me, it did help.
Anyway, a few years later, I'm still above ground (something that wasn't a sure thing a few years ago) but was chasing some health problems. To cut a long story short, I have been diagnosed with hemochromatosis, or iron overload disorder (heritable condition).
Amongst the symptoms are tiredness/lethargy, and a predisposition to depression. I'm not sure which comes first, the chicken or the egg, but it' sure hard to deal with your emotions when you're overtired.
With this condition, I've had to cut back my drinking, which has also, I believe, had a positive effect on my health.
Hang in there, see the Doc, maybe get on a mental health plan, if necessary, but make sure you don't isolate yourself. That becomes a vicious cycle.
Get out with mates, enjoy a few (I said a few ;-) ) beers, enjoy time with the family.

But hang in there!!
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Has anybody been on Paroxetine and weened themselves off the medication?

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2018, 01:04 AM   #3
Skellibert

My wife was on some sort of anti-depressants and took herself off cold turkey. (A long time ago - I can't remember what it was called)
She managed OK, but I have to say that you should NEVER try it alone.
Talk to the doctor who prescribed them and tell him - don't ask him - tell him you want get off, and follow his program with supervision.

But you need a good doctor willing to help you get off the medication, and you need support outside the doctor as well.

And as much as I hate to say it, sometimes the medication is necessary, so whilst I think you should stand firm on wanting to get off it, if the doctor presents good evidence for the need to continue, then follow his advice.

Now, I do not say they are never any use, but I am sceptical of the value in many cases, and I think drugs are way overprescribed (generally, not even just for depression etc), but taking yourself off them by yourself is dangerous.

And please, before people jump on me for my views - I acknowledge that sometimes the drugs are a necessary treatment. Sometimes there are non-drug alternatives.
Skellibert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #4
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellibert View Post
My wife was on some sort of anti-depressants and took herself off cold turkey. (A long time ago - I can't remember what it was called)
She managed OK, but I have to say that you should NEVER try it alone.
Talk to the doctor who prescribed them and tell him - don't ask him - tell him you want get off, and follow his program with supervision.

But you need a good doctor willing to help you get off the medication, and you need support outside the doctor as well.

And as much as I hate to say it, sometimes the medication is necessary, so whilst I think you should stand firm on wanting to get off it, if the doctor presents good evidence for the need to continue, then follow his advice.

Now, I do not say they are never any use, but I am sceptical of the value in many cases, and I think drugs are way overprescribed (generally, not even just for depression etc), but taking yourself off them by yourself is dangerous.

And please, before people jump on me for my views - I acknowledge that sometimes the drugs are a necessary treatment. Sometimes there are non-drug alternatives.
I think your view is pretty spot on re meds. It is so easy for GP's to hand out meds willy nilly........... I think we as a nation are way over subscibed on meds.........
4 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #5
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
I think your view is pretty spot on re meds. It is so easy for GP's to hand out meds willy nilly........... I think we as a nation are way over subscibed on meds.........
Although what the GP prescribed me was necessary and has been beneficial, I wish he had chosen another product. Biggest side effect is not being able to reach a happy ending without much effort. We all want it to last longer but after what seems eternity you just want to get to the destination.

BTW - good luck to Majak Daw and hope he gets the help he needs.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
4 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
My GP handed me out drugs by googling my symptoms, together, like I know what the types were, anyway I turned out neither did he...10 years later
Old 24-12-2018, 02:55 AM   #7
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty certain my best mate is going through some **** but I don't know what is happening because his mum and missus don't get me involved and they obviously do their best to keep me out

I'm feeling real bad because it's a 20 year friendship and I have been ghosted.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #8
vixf6

To all those who suffer from this, I wish you all the best for Christmas and the future. With a good doctors help, try to find a way to keep going and stay positive, fit and healthy and strong, it’s doable.
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #9
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

The problem with this time of the year is that it tends to exaggerate these type of feelings, for me at least. I witness people around me winding down and relishing the opportunity of spending down time with friends and family. For me this does't happen and I find myself resentful and jaded by the whole unnecessary waste of effort that is Christmas/New Year.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #10
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The problem with this time of the year is that it tends to exaggerate these type of feelings, for me at least. I witness people around me winding down and relishing the opportunity of spending down time with friends and family. For me this does't happen and I find myself resentful and jaded by the whole unnecessary waste of effort that is Christmas/New Year.

For others, like me, it is the sadness of remembering how good Christmas used to be and the yearning for it to be like that again.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
6 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2018, 08:01 PM   #11
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I agree mate, people loose perspective at Christmas, check out the shopping centre, everyone going mental buying crap, acting like the supermarket will never be open again.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 24-12-2018, 10:47 PM   #12
.:4:.
Kicking back

So far, now i say so far. My plans are to take my kid to my familys christmas. That can change dealing with the pscho hose beast who likes to make things difficult. The past few years she has pretty much by choice ruined it to the point i cant make it in time to celebrate my family before its over due to the manufactured pointless run around. This year should go ok.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #13
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stay strong everyone.
One more day.....one more day...
Merry Christmas.
Moondust silver
Frozen white

Previous
1995 Camry 2.2, white
3 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #14
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2019, 02:21 PM   #15
Grega

its a good business medicating people. keep people sick, keep the health system and big pharma going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damoose
You like it so much now the tig trolley is green..
Grega is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-01-2019, 10:40 PM   #16
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2019, 01:36 AM   #17
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

The world needs more people like Jordan Peterson.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #18
Grega

It does.
Its been a dark while for me of late. I tried to take my life and failed, thankfully. The outpouring of support from friends and (some) family has been amazing.

When you get in the low moments and you know the low moments I mean, at the time there is nothing that can make it better. People blame themselves for not having done enough or not reached out or not done this or not done that but truth be known when you are there it goes in one ear and out the other, you simply just don't hear it/ take it in.

My biggest (failing) was not wanting to talk to others and burden them with my problems.

Know that you are not a burden on anyone.

Quote:
Old 06-03-2019, 03:43 PM   #19
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Really good thread... will have helped a lot of people.

I'm 37. Born in 1981. My depression / anxiety is slightly different. Mine wasn't Brough on by a life event. I've had episodes when I was 9, 14, 17, 19 and a few smaller ones. I used to get feelings of nausea and couldn't eat... wouldn't sleep for days.... lose weight. I'd walk around at night... didn't know at the time but it was the "fight or flight" instinct kicking in. Mum took me to so many doctors until it was finally diagnosed correctly.

Dad had cancer and passed away 3 weeks before I came along.... so the general thought is the stress mum went through pasaed into me.

I was seeing a physchiatrist at age 9. Was in antidepressants and again at 14. Prozac for 6 months then Prozac and eventually Zoloft in January 1999. Had an episode again in 2001 and been on cipramil since.

The side effects I have from this aren't great. And tbh quite embarrassing.

What's the most natural thing that comes to humans? Sex and intercourse. I'm not able to have sex. Never been able to. Despite now coming off th m slowly and maintaining a reasonable diet and gym routine.... doesn't matter. End result is the same. Never works. I've given up now. Come to the realisation that there are so many people are worse off than me. I'm a bit slow... a bit cloudy but can hold down a job.

Luckily I have a very understanding partner.

Recently I'm down to half a tablet three tims a week... but I've given up trying to come off th m. Anxiety is a killer. Constantly worried that I'll be alone.... I have no friends now. I tried to keep in touch... but they did th marriage thing and have families of their own.

I only have my mum as my immediate family. She has plenty of friends and is quite sociable. I'm fairly quiet and don't like large crowds. So I have my partner and mum. What if I'm all alone? What would I do? Who'd want me?

Imagine meeting someone and having to tell them you have trouble having sex? This has haunted me all my life since I went onto cipramil.

Mum said to travel... join groups...

I don't drink or smoke.... I'm quiet and nice to people.

Depression and anxiety go hand in hand. Unlike some illness the symptoms can be so far spread between different people. It seems some people can recover from it... while others are living it every day. It's a horrible thing. The only good to come of it is that's it's more widely recognised and understood.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2019, 06:11 PM   #20
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_BA2003 View Post
Really good thread... will have helped a lot of people.

I'm 37. Born in 1981. My depression / anxiety is slightly different. Mine wasn't Brough on by a life event. I've had episodes when I was 9, 14, 17, 19 and a few smaller ones. I used to get feelings of nausea and couldn't eat... wouldn't sleep for days.... lose weight. I'd walk around at night... didn't know at the time but it was the "fight or flight" instinct kicking in. Mum took me to so many doctors until it was finally diagnosed correctly.

Dad had cancer and passed away 3 weeks before I came along.... so the general thought is the stress mum went through pasaed into me.

I was seeing a physchiatrist at age 9. Was in antidepressants and again at 14. Prozac for 6 months then Prozac and eventually Zoloft in January 1999. Had an episode again in 2001 and been on cipramil since.

The side effects I have from this aren't great. And tbh quite embarrassing.

What's the most natural thing that comes to humans? Sex and intercourse. I'm not able to have sex. Never been able to. Despite now coming off th m slowly and maintaining a reasonable diet and gym routine.... doesn't matter. End result is the same. Never works. I've given up now. Come to the realisation that there are so many people are worse off than me. I'm a bit slow... a bit cloudy but can hold down a job.

Luckily I have a very understanding partner.

Recently I'm down to half a tablet three tims a week... but I've given up trying to come off th m. Anxiety is a killer. Constantly worried that I'll be alone.... I have no friends now. I tried to keep in touch... but they did th marriage thing and have families of their own.

I only have my mum as my immediate family. She has plenty of friends and is quite sociable. I'm fairly quiet and don't like large crowds. So I have my partner and mum. What if I'm all alone? What would I do? Who'd want me?

Imagine meeting someone and having to tell them you have trouble having sex? This has haunted me all my life since I went onto cipramil.

Mum said to travel... join groups...

I don't drink or smoke.... I'm quiet and nice to people.

Depression and anxiety go hand in hand. Unlike some illness the symptoms can be so far spread between different people. It seems some people can recover from it... while others are living it every day. It's a horrible thing. The only good to come of it is that's it's more widely recognised and understood.

You are not alone. I've been battling my anxiety since 2006. SSRI medication gives me the same problems.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
5 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2019, 08:44 PM   #21
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hang in there, brothers!
I have no experience with meds...maybe that;s good.....maybe not..

The main thing is to get help, which you've both (and many others here) have done.
Keep strong!
Moondust silver
Frozen white

Previous
1995 Camry 2.2, white
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #22
Grega

i also suffer from ED being on Effexor. mate believe me you are absolutely not alone in that regard. alot of guys suffer from some form of erectile ****up they just don't talk about it - thats all.

mr_ba --> alot of the things you speak of I struggle with as well. i don't do big crowds (or if i do i limit my exposure) - i also struggle with light. to sleep i have to have pitch black. even a soft LED will keep me awake.

for someone who doesn't suffer from A&D its easy for them to say join groups travel etc - problem is it brings more anxiety - so not easily done.

the key with A&D is finding out what your triggers are. you'll find they will tie back to something thats happened in your life or a program you are running (eg : you mentioned the fight/flight bit) - its ****ing hard to figure this **** out because you will be blocking it out as hard as you can.

true story. i saw a psych a few months back and he ****ed me off royally with what he said at the time. in the space i am in now ; he was right. the thing that stuck with me the most is he said there is nothing wrong you with you, you don't need any pills to fix you. i figured out what he meant last week - pills don't fix a lonely & broken heart.

Quote:
6 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2019, 12:48 AM   #23
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grega View Post
i also suffer from ED being on Effexor. mate believe me you are absolutely not alone in that regard. alot of guys suffer from some form of erectile ****up they just don't talk about it - thats all.

mr_ba --> alot of the things you speak of I struggle with as well. i don't do big crowds (or if i do i limit my exposure) - i also struggle with light. to sleep i have to have pitch black. even a soft LED will keep me awake.

for someone who doesn't suffer from A&D its easy for them to say join groups travel etc - problem is it brings more anxiety - so not easily done.

the key with A&D is finding out what your triggers are. you'll find they will tie back to something thats happened in your life or a program you are running (eg : you mentioned the fight/flight bit) - its ****ing hard to figure this **** out because you will be blocking it out as hard as you can.

true story. i saw a psych a few months back and he ****ed me off royally with what he said at the time. in the space i am in now ; he was right. the thing that stuck with me the most is he said there is nothing wrong you with you, you don't need any pills to fix you. i figured out what he meant last week - pills don't fix a lonely & broken heart.
Effexor... god I forgot about that tablet. Was on it for 3 weeks in feb 2001.... had horrible, horrible side effects. Eventually went off it and switched over to my Cipramil but also Lithium - even though I am not bipolar... was to stop the episodes. Fun side effect of that is water retention, weight gain and thirsty all the time. Drinking 3 litres of milk and at least a liter of juice was an average day. Then there's the tiredness... which I still have but not as bad. I'd fall asleep at the wheel. Really bad.

I still need naps during the day sometimes. Gym exhausts me. Some people find it refreshing and gives them a boost.... I don't. I don't really get enjoyment but I don't want to go back to how I was.

Apart from the erectile dysfunction.... my brain is in a fog. It's not as bad now I'm on a lower dose.

I don't like being in places I can't get out of. Planes for example. I'm in Queensland and got through it without a Valium... don't mention boats.

Anxiety causes the brain to tick over. What ifs become a way of life. fear of being alone... it really just hasnt stopped the past few months. But I always think that there are people far worse. The erectile dysfunction part for me is the most annoying. From teenager to now... I don't want to sound graphic but what guy either straight or gay doesn't like oral. Me. I mean WTF. I don't get much out of it and it gets me down emotionally. I'm just so lucky I have an understanding partner.

But the reality is that it's probably cost me the chance of having a family. I tried with the ex wife. Didn't work. I kept this hidden for a long long time. My depression and anxiety, and the side effects. Now I figure that if someone comes across this thread in a day month or year, it might give them hope that they realise that they aren't alone.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #24
Grega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_BA2003 View Post
Effexor... god I forgot about that tablet. Was on it for 3 weeks in feb 2001.... had horrible, horrible side effects
i had to ditch the 150mg of that ****. it ruined me. i put myself back to 75mg which i can cope with, the side affects of the 150mg almost ****ing killed me. 75mg is bearable.

interestingly same psych said to me some years ago ; you don't need pills to fix your problem ; pills don't fix a broken and lonely heart.

Quote:
3 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #25
08ESE

ive had an on and off battle over the last 10 years myself. Recently ive had a bout of anxiety and insomnia

the doctors were quick to put me on anti depressants ( again ) and i found, although they helped with the anxiety... the sleep never returned.

after a lot of dr googling, i discovered i was potassium deficient.... i had not slept in 3 weeks. The day i thought i may be low on potassium, i ate a ton of bananas and made a spagetti bol with ****loads of tomato paste in it....

first night i slept in 3 weeks. Since discovering this, i make sure i get plenty of electrolytes in my water ( living mainly on rain water isnt a good thing )

i think a lot of doctors could help people with a simple blood test. gaba and l theanine suppliments also worked wonders for me.
08ESE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2019, 08:35 AM   #26
Grega

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08ESE View Post
ive had an on and off battle over the last 10 years myself. Recently ive had a bout of anxiety and insomnia

the doctors were quick to put me on anti depressants ( again ) and i found, although they helped with the anxiety... the sleep never returned.

after a lot of dr googling, i discovered i was potassium deficient.... i had not slept in 3 weeks. The day i thought i may be low on potassium, i ate a ton of bananas and made a spagetti bol with ****loads of tomato paste in it....

first night i slept in 3 weeks. Since discovering this, i make sure i get plenty of electrolytes in my water ( living mainly on rain water isnt a good thing )

i think a lot of doctors could help people with a simple blood test. gaba and l theanine suppliments also worked wonders for me.
you make some really interesting points here.

i saw a psych some years back who recommended vitamin supplements and other bits and pieces which really turned me around - really helped.

naturally due to the root cause of my depression not being rectified i fell back into the hole i was in but for a while there i was really quite good. i hope to soon get back to that place.

Quote:
Old 15-03-2019, 10:31 PM   #27
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’m on the other side of a rough couple of months of anxiety. Had 3 weeks of holiday, and came back not relaxed. Then a few family things got dumped on top, my independent mum had a health scare involving an ambulance call out , my uncle died suddenly, then my head is filled with thoughts of the meaning of life on repeat. I want to fix things and make them better but some things are out of my control. My rhumatoid arthritis then flares up, meaning my natural outlet (physical work on weekends) has to take a backseat-making me anxious. Then one day I cracked it at the most simple thing....... commercial radio. Yep, hearing the.same.thing.every.god.damn.day I realised was making me anxious, so I drove around for 2 weeks in complete silence.
Then the anxiety manifested itself in my body. Chest pains and headaches. Making me think I’m having a heart attack or aneurism ( which I know wasn’t happening) but making me more anxious.
Then finally, I hopped in the car one morning and dropped my daughter to school, I was on my way to my first customer when it clicked. I was not listening for the SIGNS my body was giving me, I’ve done all this before, and dealt with it. I chucked a u turn at 9am and went to my local clinic. Got some serapax, drove home, called in sick, then slept all day exhausted. It’s tough fighting with your brain and your body at the same time.
It took me a couple of days to feel better, now 2 weeks later, some days are lower than others, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

So, gents, bottom line, you are in charge of you, listen for the signs and go see a doctor, powering on like a trooper is no good if you will hit a wall.
See what is happening in this discussion? We are normalising mental heath conversation.....go team.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 16-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #28
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
I’m on the other side of a rough couple of months of anxiety. Had 3 weeks of holiday, and came back not relaxed. Then a few family things got dumped on top, my independent mum had a health scare involving an ambulance call out , my uncle died suddenly, then my head is filled with thoughts of the meaning of life on repeat. I want to fix things and make them better but some things are out of my control. My rhumatoid arthritis then flares up, meaning my natural outlet (physical work on weekends) has to take a backseat-making me anxious. Then one day I cracked it at the most simple thing....... commercial radio. Yep, hearing the.same.thing.every.god.damn.day I realised was making me anxious, so I drove around for 2 weeks in complete silence.
Then the anxiety manifested itself in my body. Chest pains and headaches. Making me think I’m having a heart attack or aneurism ( which I know wasn’t happening) but making me more anxious.
Then finally, I hopped in the car one morning and dropped my daughter to school, I was on my way to my first customer when it clicked. I was not listening for the SIGNS my body was giving me, I’ve done all this before, and dealt with it. I chucked a u turn at 9am and went to my local clinic. Got some serapax, drove home, called in sick, then slept all day exhausted. It’s tough fighting with your brain and your body at the same time.
It took me a couple of days to feel better, now 2 weeks later, some days are lower than others, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

So, gents, bottom line, you are in charge of you, listen for the signs and go see a doctor, powering on like a trooper is no good if you will hit a wall.
See what is happening in this discussion? We are normalising mental heath conversation.....go team.
Glad to hear you're feeling better, reading that my own anxiety went through the roof, especially when I got to the bit where you said 'Then finally, I hopped in the car one morning' I was expecting you to follow it up with 'and saw a Picanto which I thought might be BENT_8 and it tipped me over the edge'...
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2019, 09:07 PM   #29
Vekgib

I'm 53. I've been taking medication for depression, diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol for 15 years. Until about a month ago. I came to the conclusion that none of it was working. So, I stopped all medication and seeing doctors and am now just letting nature take its course.
I have an actual date for early next year in mind where, if things haven't improved by then, I'm out. I can't cope anymore.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2019, 12:26 AM   #30
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Wow man, im sorry to hear that, you're obviously doing it pretty tough at the minute but im glad you've taken the opportunity to reach out and share your feelings.
None of us are trained professionals, but were here to listen if that helps.

I can sort of relate to where you're coming from, apart from the diabetes, mind you at around 130kg's its probably only a matter of time if I don't get my **** into gear again and do some walking.
I find walking to be quite beneficial, I've got a dodgy knee but I do my best to push through it in order to walk when I can as I find the time alone in the fresh air an opportunity to think about things a little clearer, never been one for the Gym environment.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post: