Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #61
wombat66

Default Re: Focus out of action for a while

In our Focus and Fiesta the snowflake lights up when the outside temp is below 5 degrees.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #62
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Yeah the snow flake does that as well. Perhaps I should read the manual? Dealer told me to start car when snow flake vanished but it may well be the spring looking thing?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #63
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Sorry for the confusion. It IS the spring looking thinggo to tell you when the glow plugs are ready to fire, NOT the snow flake.

Well, there you go. Can start the car after 2 seconds now, not 5!

Old 04-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #64
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Wow fun and games today, what a load of ****.

I get paperwork from the first time it goes into Sunbury Ford, I compare it with Essendon Ford's invoice.

They both replaced the same hose apparently, looking at the invoices both part numbers match and they're both fuel injector return lines.

I ring up Sunbury Ford during the day, they tell me the reason i'm smelling diesel in the car is my mechanic hasn't put in my pollen filter (AFAIK LV TDCI Focus doesn't have one?).

Then they tell me they did an AC deodorise on the car and that they checked out the injector and its not smoking.

So I get my old man to go down there, he pops the bonnet, starts the car, smoke starts coming out of the top of the injector.

He goes back in and shows the service advisor and he claims he couldn't see it, so Dad revs up the car and it comes out thicker, and then he goes "Yeah, yeah I see it now".

Holy crap this is getting old.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #65
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

So is this return line used in more than one location, or just the one location?

Sounds like there was still a lack of communication somewhere along the line, whether the notes were not taken accurately of what you said when you dropped the car off, or whatever. Not just this dealer, sometimes I wonder how non mechanically minded people get on, or whether they get the runaround. Probably more often the latter. Ever since my first new car years ago (Mitsubishi) when I had real dealer problems who made me more frustrated at each attempt, I always tell the advisor exactly what I see or hear, and show him, so they then know what the problem is without them having to find it.

Hopefully now your car is on the mend Damo.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #66
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
So is this return line used in more than one location, or just the one location?

Sounds like there was still a lack of communication somewhere along the line, whether the notes were not taken accurately of what you said when you dropped the car off, or whatever. Not just this dealer, sometimes I wonder how non mechanically minded people get on, or whether they get the runaround. Probably more often the latter. Ever since my first new car years ago (Mitsubishi) when I had real dealer problems who made me more frustrated at each attempt, I always tell the advisor exactly what I see or hear, and show him, so they then know what the problem is without them having to find it.

Hopefully now your car is on the mend Damo.
I've told them multiple times what the problem is, and I've pointed it out now twice to Sunbury Ford.

I'll find out more about the hose, but why would you only replace one if there were multiples? Because Essendon Ford changed it a week after Sunbury Ford supposedly did and it fixed the majority of the problem, now its just smoking from the injector.

Its tempting just to pull it apart and fix it myself, would have saved a lot of hassle.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 04-10-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #67
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

The first time probably wouldn't count if it was a non service dept person on the saturday.

Just wonder why the o-ring and return lines failed as they did?

But yes, sometimes its a lot better when the car is out of warranty and you can then work on it yourself then you know its done properly.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #68
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
The first time probably wouldn't count if it was a non service dept person on the saturday.

Just wonder why the o-ring and return lines failed as they did?

But yes, sometimes its a lot better when the car is out of warranty and you can then work on it yourself then you know its done properly.
Because the build quality on these cars is horrible, the engine is a joint effort between Citroen, Peugeot, Ford and its built in South Africa by blind child soldiers or so it seems.

Jokes aside, Essendon Ford says material defect.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #69
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Sounds like my experience with Dale Ford. Just before they went bankrupt.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #70
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
Sounds like my experience with Dale Ford. Just before they went bankrupt.
Sunbury Ford got bought out by Cannon Toyota (Toyota in Heidelburg I think) a little while back, so looks like they went under already.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #71
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Consumer Affairs ???? have you contacted them or ACA or TT ???
Old 05-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #72
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Consumer Affairs ???? have you contacted them or ACA or TT ???
Not yet I only want to do that as a last resort.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #73
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Unfortunately at this stage I doubt Fair Trading, ACA or TT would be any help anyway. They are at least trying to rectify the fault, it's just that they don't know what's wrong with it or what they're doing by the sounds of it, unless it actually jumps up at them and bites them on the butt this could drag on a while I'm afraid. From my experience most dealers are no different, regardless of the brand of car. Best of luck with it Damo, hope it gets sorted for you soon
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #74
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Car is finally fixed, thank christ.

3rd injector seal had a crack in it, they replaced it and now no more leak, funny that.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #75
NeoBF
Always thinking...

Good to hear you got it fixed mate, living in the area I can only relate to your pains with Sunford all too well, its sad to say that they see a young person and rub their hands together...
Old 05-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #76
mac_man_luke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Sorry for the confusion. It IS the spring looking thinggo to tell you when the glow plugs are ready to fire, NOT the snow flake.

Well, there you go. Can start the car after 2 seconds now, not 5!
Interesting you have problems if you dont wait.

On my ranger i cant notice any difference if i hope in and crank it or wait for the glow plug. Always starts instantly.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #77
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Glad to hear it has been sorted finally Damo.
So what did this episode cost you? or was it all covered by warranty in the end?

Why does everyone automatically think that TT or ACA are even interested in stuff like this?
You think theres already not enough juicy tabloid crap in the world to keep these guys busy?
And remember what happened to the Ford Capri ones those leaches got there teeth into the story?
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #78
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo

3rd injector seal had a crack in it, they replaced it and now no more leak, funny that.
Hip Hip Hooray

That's one headache out of the way now you can back to the Xenon headlight install project and really get stressed
Old 05-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #79
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:

I'd be writing a rather sternly worded letter to Mr Graziano about those chumps at Sunbury Ford if I were you. Getting it wrong is one thing, but being misleading about it is something else entirely.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #80
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Hip Hip Hooray

That's one headache out of the way now you can back to the Xenon headlight install project and really get stressed
Yeah, I've actually gotta figure out how to get the damn HID globe into its assembly, its got some weird locking ring **** happening there and the globe doesn't seem to sit in anywhere or lock in if you know what I mean. Its a D1S type light, and the housing says D1S, so when I can get the globe into its damn home we can start haha.

All the lights, except for the fog lights are a changin, including my Rallye 4000 spotlights, that one might be interesting for you guys as its very new technology to the automotive industry. The only problem is they're F'n ugly.

Wiring wise not too much of an issue, I have an idea how to get it all happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
Glad to hear it has been sorted finally Damo.
So what did this episode cost you? or was it all covered by warranty in the end?

Why does everyone automatically think that TT or ACA are even interested in stuff like this?
You think theres already not enough juicy tabloid crap in the world to keep these guys busy?
And remember what happened to the Ford Capri ones those leaches got there teeth into the story?
$0, all covered under warranty. Just a few days without my car.

Yes, letter indeed to CEO will be happening, but I bet it gets carefully filed in the bin.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 05-10-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #81
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_man_luke
Interesting you have problems if you dont wait.

On my ranger i cant notice any difference if i hope in and crank it or wait for the glow plug. Always starts instantly.
No, never had any problems either way. I think I have started the car a bunch of times after driving my petrol car and it just started straight away. Perhaps it's more of a precaution for colder climates etc??? Then on the flip side I would get into the petrol car after the diesel and turn the key and wait 5 seconds...

I have also lent my car to a few people, and I often wonder how dedicated they were at remembering to wait prior to cranking.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #82
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
$0, all covered under warranty. Just a few days without my car.

Yes, letter indeed to CEO will be happening, but I bet it gets carefully filed in the bin.
Good news Damo.

Any indication or feedback as to the reason behind the failure? Was it installed incorrectly / faulty?? Anything about it being common???

Old 05-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #83
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Good news Damo.

Any indication or feedback as to the reason behind the failure? Was it installed incorrectly / faulty?? Anything about it being common???
No feedback just that it was fixed, what was wrong and that was it.

Google tdci 3rd injector seal and take a look.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #84
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:

Any correspondance directed at senior management goes to Ford CRC first: and nothing gets passed on. You'll just get a generic letter in response (if that). Unfortunately I know from experience. So execs will never see any stern letter - irrespective of address used... Sorry.

Good to hear it's fixed. At least you know to avoid Sunbury forever more, as do readers of this thread.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #85
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Any correspondance directed at senior management goes to Ford CRC first: and nothing gets passed on. You'll just get a generic letter in response (if that). Unfortunately I know from experience. So execs will never see any stern letter - irrespective of address used... Sorry.

Good to hear it's fixed. At least you know to avoid Sunbury forever more, as do readers of this thread.
I should have known to avoid them in the first place as they gave my parents **** in 2008, they gave me **** in 2010 when I went in there to buy a Falcon ute I eyed off and gave me **** again when I tried to organise another Focus when I totalled mine last year, but I gave them benefit of the doubt again.

Bad move.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #86
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
At least you know to avoid Sunbury forever more, as do readers of this thread.
As this thread has had over 1500 views already, I would imagine they have dug themselves into an even deeper hole after the negative publicity it will have given them For the sake of not wanting to see yet another dealership go under let's hope the D.P. of Sunbury Ford sees this and takes it as a major wake up call
Old 06-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #87
tommygun69

thinking my injector seal is on the way out or cracked too going by what you just went through... I originally took mine in 3 times while it was under warranty with same issue (excessive smoke under acceleration/changing gears) that was never fixed or even acknowledged as a problem. I basically just gave up and accepted thats what diesels do. Now it is out of warranty it seems to be getting slightly worse and is annoying the F*%K out of me. I did keep logs of when I took it in so I should still be able to claim it as it was brought to their attention when still under warranty, right?
Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #88
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun69
thinking my injector seal is on the way out or cracked too going by what you just went through... I originally took mine in 3 times while it was under warranty with same issue (excessive smoke under acceleration/changing gears) that was never fixed or even acknowledged as a problem. I basically just gave up and accepted thats what diesels do. Now it is out of warranty it seems to be getting slightly worse and is annoying the F*%K out of me. I did keep logs of when I took it in so I should still be able to claim it as it was brought to their attention when still under warranty, right?

Good luck mate, its going to be a massive fight.