Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 23-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Default brake pads 4 spot brembo

What pads would you recommend for trackwork car is fpv ute with 4 spot brembos all round. Car used for tarmac rallies and track days dont mind warming brakes before use (can use original pads for streetwork) type of pad and price please.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv84d
What pads would you recommend for trackwork car is fpv ute with 4 spot brembos all round. Car used for tarmac rallies and track days dont mind warming brakes before use (can use original pads for streetwork) type of pad and price please.
As a starting point the Ferodo DS2500 pads would be an entry level pad and then the SBS pads are next up from there for more competition use.We can supply various brands but i will list prices for these two applications for now.What have you been using and how have you found them ?
Ferodo DS2500 $644 complete
SBS Carbon Ceramic $792 complete

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
As a starting point the Ferodo DS2500 pads would be an entry level pad and then the SBS pads are next up from there for more competition use.We can supply various brands but i will list prices for these two applications for now.What have you been using and how have you found them ?
Ferodo DS2500 $644 complete
SBS Carbon Ceramic $792 complete
Factory spec pads there ok but you can on a track get them a little HOT biggest scare is pad knock off got to remember to give them a dab before trying to stop on a dime (nothing like a long peddal to wake you up). still have original rotors am very careful about doing a cool down lap b4 stopping to prevent warping. Prices are for both sets front & rear brembos?

Lotus Exige S/C S240

Quote:
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
Old 25-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Yes for both front and rear sets and maybe get some braided lines and better fluid happening if you haven't already done it.
I have 1 set only of front brembo factory brake pads and factory crossdrilled rotors for a good price if you know anyone interested.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 22-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Matt thanks for the pads and the fluid all is well in the stopping department again good service and right advice will contact you when these are worn out
Looking foreward to next track day.

Lotus Exige S/C S240

Quote:
Old 23-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv84d
Matt thanks for the pads and the fluid all is well in the stopping department again good service and right advice will contact you when these are worn out
Looking foreward to next track day.
Thankyou and goodluck on the track day

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 26-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Default Thanks Matt

Saves starting another thread, I rang and ordered the pads late friday they arrived monday. Today I machined all 4 discs 31mm on the front 27mm on the back the car stops on a dime again. Thankyou for supporting me and my toys with your excellent products and service. (DS2500's and mintex rears)
Steve

Lotus Exige S/C S240

Quote:
Old 27-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
Saves starting another thread, I rang and ordered the pads late friday they arrived monday. Today I machined all 4 discs 31mm on the front 27mm on the back the car stops on a dime again. Thankyou for supporting me and my toys with your excellent products and service. (DS2500's and mintex rears)
Steve
Thanks Steve

Phone 02 9609 1101