Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Newcastle > Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Events

Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Events Events, meets and such

Old 02-04-2005, 12:19 AM   #1
K1W1 Dave
Still alive & kicking

Talking June Long weekend

Hi all
The 11/12 & 13 of June is our annual long weekend trip to Canberra.
This year we will be travelling to Nowra on the Saturday staying over night then cruising to Canberra on the Sunday morning
& watching the V8s some where hanging out with the Canberra crew staying in Canberra over night & cruising home on the Monday.
If you are attending this trip you will need to organized accommodation.
Some members have all ready booked accommodation.
Saturday night & Nowra @ the Comfort Inn Pleasant Way ph 4421 5544
Sunday night @ Canberra @ the Formula 1 ph 02 6253 9020
Thanks

Last edited by K1W1 Dave; 09-04-2005 at 01:23 PM. Reason: wrong number
K1W1 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 12:48 AM   #2
xrgran

Do we know who the lucky ACT'er is that will host this do, or are we going to a pub/club to stuff our faces : and watch the V8's.

We need to get organised soon as it is the start of the ski season.

Remember to watch out for 'speeding skiiers' as the signs say (police now targeting)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 01:52 AM   #3
K1W1 Dave
Still alive & kicking

[QUOTE=xrgran]Do we know who the lucky ACT'er is that will host this do, or are we going to a pub/club to stuff our faces : and watch the V8's.

Nothing organised at this point
We will have to contact someone down there soon
Old 04-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #4
~Nudge~
Rollin with the Autobots

[QUOTE=K1W1 Dave]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrgran
Do we know who the lucky ACT'er is that will host this do, or are we going to a pub/club to stuff our faces : and watch the V8's.

Nothing organised at this point
We will have to contact someone down there soon

Hey guys ill get this out to our members on thursday and we'll begin some arrangements. I will see if a pub around here will put the V8s on the big TV for us on the sunday, unless someone volunteers their big TV
Old 04-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #5
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will prolly end up coming up to Nowra and hanging out with you guys on the Sat night, then go for a cruise on Sunday up to Canberra with ya.. Will keep you posted

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2005, 11:10 PM   #6
xrgran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nudge~
Hey guys ill get this out to our members on thursday and we'll begin some arrangements. I will see if a pub around here will put the V8s on the big TV for us on the sunday, unless someone volunteers their big TV
Thanks Nudge...a pub will do fine. As long as they have plenty of tucker to subdue our rumbling tummies
Old 05-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #7
xrgran

Okay Newie folks

We will be meeting on Saturday 11th, at the BP at Bero @ 6.30am for a 7am leave.

A quick drive thru at the twin servo at 7.40am to find any stragglers...

Stop at Homebush Bay for Morning Tea.

Radio's on Channel 15. :eclipsee_

Bring your winter woolies...the ACT has been around minus 7! :
Old 06-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #8
shorty
Catch me if you can

How goes it you Newy guys? Looks like the meeting place at Nowra is the Postman Hotel for lunch on Saturday. I suggest we leave Nowra at 0830 Sunday morning to allow for any hiccups arriving ACT approx 1100-1130 driving past Shorty's place to pick up Zhennie then go to the Stato to watch the race and have a feed. From there we go to the Thai restuarant in Deakin where they will not only feed us but entertain us with traditional Thai dancing, and for the Elvis would be's they also have karioke!
shorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #9
xrgran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty
and for the Elvis would be's they also have karioke!
just ask us how good we are, we will tell you :
Old 07-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #10
Dannopower
The Mandarin Monster

Do you guys have anyone thats booked a room down at Nowra but isnt going? I tried to book in at the motel where your staying but its fully booked out! If you have a spare room, Bec and I would take it??
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 10:31 AM   #11
xrgran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannopower
Do you guys have anyone thats booked a room down at Nowra but isnt going? I tried to book in at the motel where your staying but its fully booked out! If you have a spare room, Bec and I would take it??
Hey Danno...
No luck yet as I just phoned Darren, the owner, and there are still no spare rooms, but you are on the list.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #12
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Okay Newie folks

We will be meeting on Saturday 11th, at the BP at Bero @ 6.30am for a 7am leave.

A quick drive thru at the twin servo at 7.40am to find any stragglers...

Stop at Homebush Bay for Morning Tea.
Hey Rob,

Any idea what time you'll be coming through Wollongong on Saturday? By my calculations you should be here at about 10am?
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #13
xrgran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTXR
Hey Rob,

Any idea what time you'll be coming through Wollongong on Saturday? By my calculations you should be here at about 10am?
your probably right...I have no idea, I just sit in the car and blab on the radio and don't pay attention. Just annoy glenn

I will get him to phone you though...look out karaoke! :
Old 07-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #14
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Newy to Wollongong takes almost exactly 3 hours, so we'll expect you at about 10 :eclipsee_
Old 07-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #15
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
and for the Elvis would be's they also have karioke!
Look out Canberra if Tim is coming :disco:
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #16
xrgran

For anyone still needing accommodation there could be a cabin, non-ensuite, at the Eastwillow Caravan Park at Nowra...ph: 4421 2977.

ask for Brian
Old 09-06-2005, 02:59 PM   #17
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops
Look out Canberra if Tim is coming :disco:
You will all be safe, he won't be there this weekend.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 10:05 PM   #18
Dannopower
The Mandarin Monster

Just talked to Hoops tonight, he said you guys had a cancellation! I'll take the spare room if you wanna mix the sleeping arrangements about a bit! if you dont mind me coming???
Old 09-06-2005, 11:54 PM   #19
xrgran

Quote:
Just talked to Hoops tonight, he said you guys had a cancellation! I'll take the spare room if you wanna mix the sleeping arrangements about a bit! if you dont mind me coming???
Hey Dan

just sent you a 'pm' :
Old 10-06-2005, 08:35 AM   #20
Dannopower
The Mandarin Monster

Quote:
Hey Dan

just sent you a 'pm' :
Great stuff! I'll be seeing all you guys at about 7pm sat when i get there for a few clensing ales! : : : :
Old 10-06-2005, 12:51 PM   #21
kizza
Starter Motor

Quote:
Great stuff! I'll be seeing all you guys at about 7pm sat when i get there for a few clensing ales! : : : :
just a few?????? : : : :
Old 13-06-2005, 07:03 PM   #22
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a great weekend!
Thanks to all who helped organise a fantastic trip - as usual there was great food, the odd refreshing drink and the company of good friends. Even the dark side supporter who owned the Nowra motel was impressed by the turnout! A great effort from Shorty and Danno to make the trip from Canberra to Nowra, and what an awesome drive up the Kangaroo Valley.
Although the race results weren't great, the Thai dinner on Sunday was great (well done Shorty and Zhennie). Some members even did a bit of singing! :hihi:
Already locking in next year :baby bott : : : :disco:
Old 13-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #23
shorty
Catch me if you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTXR
What a great weekend!
Thanks to all who helped organise a fantastic trip - as usual there was great food, the odd refreshing drink and the company of good friends. Even the dark side supporter who owned the Nowra motel was impressed by the turnout! A great effort from Shorty and Danno to make the trip from Canberra to Nowra, and what an awesome drive up the Kangaroo Valley.
Although the race results weren't great, the Thai dinner on Sunday was great (well done Shorty and Zhennie). Some members even did a bit of singing! :hihi:
Already locking in next year :baby bott : : : :disco:
Enough kudos, the pleasure was all ours, couldn't think of a better way to spend a weekend than with Ford supporters that love to have a good time! You guys put in all effort Danno and I just came along for the ride. I rate that weekend up there with the Newy trip last year. Can't wait for this years Newy bash. Thanks guys, see you at Willoughbank!!!!@! : :
shorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #24
kizza
Starter Motor

Quote:
Enough kudos, the pleasure was all ours, couldn't think of a better way to spend a weekend than with Ford supporters that love to have a good time! You guys put in all effort Danno and I just came along for the ride. I rate that weekend up there with the Newy trip last year. Can't wait for this years Newy bash. Thanks guys, see you at Willoughbank!!!!@! : :
well thanx all the same praise well deserved and efforts appreciated. hope shaun and chrissy enjoyed cairns : it was good to catch up and meet new people and thanx for the efforts by every1 involved..... : and the karaoke king and queen were none other than fastXR and Jen..... :disco: cant wait till the crissy party : : : :...........

Last edited by kizza; 14-06-2005 at 04:50 PM.
kizza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 11:36 PM   #25
xrgran

Another great weekend with our mates from the ACT....and Woolongong Fun at Nowra, especially with a 'Holden' loving host Darren at the motel, then a cruisy trip thru Kangaroo Valley to good 'ol ACT.

Nice of Matt and his mum Lynn to make the trip with us to the capital as well. A new recruit for the ACTer's :monkes: A full belly while watching the big race at a local haunt and then topped off with Thai on Sunday night with Karaoke tossed in. Vic was a brave man to be first up AND do a solo followed by an assortment of talents : . Even hoops, Shorty, Danno and Glenn got up for their own rendition of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' which Alan couldn't resist getting in on the act... :

The winner on the night for his 'talent' was Richard, Fastxr, who could hardly be kept from the microphone. Plus he won a lucky seat prize.....
Old 14-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #26
MrsF6
FPVXRQLD Club Moderator

Cairns was great thanks lol. it was great to catch up with you guys and again this was another great weekend. Well done to everyone involved.

See you all again soon.

Rapid - Leather - FPV Wheel - FPV Mats - BMC Filter - AWC Cold Air Induction - AWC Carbon Fibre Airbox & Computer Cover - Turbosmart BOV - 305.1 Hp - More to come soon :
NOW SOLD

BA GTP - Citric Acid

FPV & XR Owners Club of QLD

Check out our Club Website Here :hihi:

4th Gold Coast All Ford Day
August 2009

2nd Charity Auction Dinner/Cruise
Postponed till further notice
MrsF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #27
kizza
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSXR8
Cairns was great thanks lol. it was great to catch up with you guys and again this was another great weekend. Well done to everyone involved.

See you all again soon.
well we hope so :1syellow1 things just arent the same without u :( well hope u had fun and enjoy the weather back up there :