Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2020, 01:59 PM   #7141
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Is reaching zero Covid 19 even possible.......
Ignoring that article for a moment, the short answer is yes but only at an economic and social cost that no one is willing to bear.

Several countries have shown you can contain and effectively eliminate community infections but it takes several months of intense lockdown to do so.

What hasn't worked is stopping the reintroduction of the virus via incoming travellers and I really can't see an indefinite ban on International travel getting a guernsey here or anywhere else for that matter. A couple of the smaller island nations are doing just that but when their economies are tourism based, it's only a short term strategy at best.

Thus, the 'real' answer is probably no and even with a 50% efficacious vaccine the answer will probably remain a firm no.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2020, 02:02 PM   #7142
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
"Suppression" is an interesting term to use. Did he suppress (actively prevent) or did he just see that it wasn't necessary? Which is what he actually claimed. His original claim was that he wasn't aware of that specific info in the emails, it didn't "register" at the time given the thousands of emails he received. If that is true, then it makes total sense he wouldn't have thought those emails were relevant to the inquiry. No smoking gun. However, if it is found that he actively sought to stop those emails from being submitted, then he is in trouble.
Yep. I'd say that's what he and his lawyers are sorting through right now. The interpretation of his actions regarding the email not being made available to the inquiry.
Old 22-10-2020, 02:11 PM   #7143
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Meanwhile, insiders are screaming that Aged Care is still not up to scratch and that they are still exposed if there is another wave. The silence is deafening. Does anyone care?
I care and everyone should, this is a prime example of the Feds not doing their job, Murdoch LOVES that side of politics so it's not surprising it is not being picked up by the MSM (main stream media) Murdoch is deliberately hiding their shortcomings from the general public

Quote:
I think its time for Dan to stop giving these daily pressers, and get these so called "journalists" to go do some real work.
I have been saying for weeks he gives those bludgers too much time, 2 of them are just outright ****-wits and need to get real jobs. They add no value, even their peers tell them to shut up and give someone else a go every so often
Old 22-10-2020, 03:01 PM   #7144
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I saw that this morning and just shook my head - is understanding English a problem?

When people in charge are reusing components of blood test equipment, when they are trying to fight infection spread and understand who is positive, what hope is there.....
Old 22-10-2020, 03:09 PM   #7145
hayseed

This user likes this post:
Old 22-10-2020, 04:04 PM   #7146
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
that includes that Federal mob as well. Josh needs to worry about his budget

Plus, Lindsay should be in a St.Kilda jumper, he played for them back in the day and is a past President
Old 22-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #7147
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
that includes that Federal mob as well. Josh needs to worry about his budget

Plus, Lindsay should be in a St.Kilda jumper, he played for them back in the day and is a past President
Don’t reckon Lindsays old jumper would fit him now!he’s probably about 30 kgs over playing weight (bit like most of us)
Old 22-10-2020, 05:47 PM   #7148
Trevor 57
is now there

more likely 60 hahahaha
Old 22-10-2020, 07:20 PM   #7149
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Don’t reckon Lindsays old jumper would fit him now!he’s probably about 30 kgs over playing weight (bit like most of us)
he works in transport , if its anything like his trucks going up the road 30kg over is nothing

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 22-10-2020, 07:55 PM   #7150
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I care and everyone should, this is a prime example of the Feds not doing their job, Murdoch LOVES that side of politics so it's not surprising it is not being picked up by the MSM (main stream media) Murdoch is deliberately hiding their shortcomings from the general public

I have been saying for weeks he gives those bludgers too much time, 2 of them are just outright ****-wits and need to get real jobs. They add no value, even their peers tell them to shut up and give someone else a go every so often
wow its all murdoch fault that your demi god has stuffed up so much. A couple of reporters turn up and ask the hard questions that the rest of the **** poor excuses for reporters wouldn't ask and your side start sooking,its a sin to seek the truth now, talk about a whack job
8 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #7151
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack View Post
wow its all murdoch fault that your demi god has stuffed up so much. A couple of reporters turn up and ask the hard questions that the rest of the **** poor excuses for reporters wouldn't ask and your side start sooking,its a sin to seek the truth now, talk about a whack job
you can't get me I'm part of the Union rhetoric comes to mind
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 22-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #7152
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Trying to put together a list of high profile sports starts that have tested positive to COVID.

So far I've got:

Usain Bolt (Athletics)
Novak Djokovic (Tennis)
Sergio Perez (Formula 1)
Valentino Rossi (Moto GP)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Soccer)
Adam Scott (Golf)

Anyone I've missed?

From the above list, I would consider Djokovic and Ronaldo to be in a more active sport, where physical fitness would be vital to their success.

There a quite a number of soccer, NBA and NFL players, and cyclists that have tested positive. Will be interesting to see how they fair once they 'recover' from COVID. Will they be back to pre COVID condition at the very least?
Old 22-10-2020, 09:08 PM   #7153
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

There have been plenty of Euro football players having been positive, they have a 10day self isolate period and back playing with no trouble at all......
The below is for the EPL......
The Premier League can today confirm that between Monday 12 October and Sunday 18 October, 1,575 players and club staff were tested for COVID-19.

Of these, there were eight new positive tests.

Players or club staff who have tested positive will self-isolate for a period of 10 days.
Round 1: 31 Aug-6 Sep - 1,605 tested, with three testing positive.
Round 2: 7-13 Sep - 2,131 tested, with four testing positive.
Round 3: 14-20 Sep - 1,574 tested, with three testing positive.
Round 4: 21-27 Sep - 1,595 tested, with 10 testing positive.
Round 5: 28 Sep-4 Oct - 1,587 tested, with nine testing positive.
Round 6: 5-11 Oct - 1,128 tested, with five testing positive.

Some have been top name players with no performance issues going back and the same will go with Ronaldo.
They all would be on a home training routine reporting to the Club.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
3 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2020, 09:26 PM   #7154
HIPO
Al

Yep Chinese man flu aint fun!
Old 22-10-2020, 09:46 PM   #7155
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Trying to put together a list of high profile sports starts that have tested positive to COVID.

So far I've got:

Usain Bolt (Athletics)
Novak Djokovic (Tennis)
Sergio Perez (Formula 1)
Adam Scott (Golf)

Anyone I've missed?

From the above list, I would consider Djokovic and Ronaldo to be in a more active sport, where physical fitness would be vital to their success.

There a quite a number of soccer, NBA and NFL players, and cyclists that have tested positive. Will be interesting to see how they fair once they 'recover' from COVID. Will they be back to pre COVID condition at the very least?
you can leave me off the list , i havent had it

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
4 users like this post:
Old 22-10-2020, 09:59 PM   #7156
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Covid 19 -

Hey Trev! Crikey hey?

Victoria Police to investigate public servant after leak of coronavirus roadmap
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-2...-leak/12803210

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 22-10-2020, 11:34 PM   #7157
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post

So far I've got:

Usain Bolt (Athletics)
Novak Djokovic (Tennis)
Sergio Perez (Formula 1)
Adam Scott (Golf)

Anyone I've missed?

Stroll (F1)
Old 23-10-2020, 12:45 AM   #7158
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack View Post
It's unfortunate that those reporters you refer to as asking the 'hard' questions are actually asking the questions that their masters and their masters political bias want asked.

Indeed, the credibility of Australian media including print and television is generally considered to be poor in Australia although the generally held view about which side of politics it is biased toward is probably wrong.

I like the summary in THIS graphic which depicts where most of the major media outlets sit on the political and quality of reporting spectrum.

It's sobering.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2020, 01:01 AM   #7159
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Stroll (F1)
Stroll never had Covid, he just wasn't feeling well.

Perez has recovered from Covid and almost scored a podium a few weeks ago.
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
Old 23-10-2020, 01:51 AM   #7160
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Interestingly, three countries make up more than half (52.07%) of the global cases: - the USA (20.7%), India (18.59%) and Brazil (12.79%) although they only make up 44% of the global deaths with the USA pretty well aligned with the case percentage at 20.02%; India well below with 10.27% and Brazil somewhat over-represented at 13.69%.

We looked a couple of weeks back at the case numbers per 100k for a range of countries over the last 14 days and at that point Israel topped the charts.

That list is now led by Czechia with a mind-boggling 1,060 cases per 100k of population over the last 14 days but Belgium (935), the Netherlands (602), France (465) and Argentina (462.1) are all taking a hammering as well.

To put that in perspective, the global average is 64.7 cases per 100k of population in that same period. India, despite the high case numbers is actually slightly below that figure with 63.2 and even the USA is 'only' at 243.

Other countries with > 300 include Costa Rica (312.7); Spain (316.4); Slovakia (346); the UK (360.8); Switzerland (393.3); Luxembourg (406) and Slovenia (426). Of those 12 countries; 10 are in Europe, 1 in North America and 1 in South America.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 23-10-2020 at 10:07 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2020, 06:42 AM   #7161
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
It's unfortunate that those reporters you refer to as asking the 'hard' questions are actually asking the questions that their masters and their masters political bias want asked.

Indeed, the credibility of Australian media including print and television is generally considered to be poor in Australia although the generally held view about which side of politics it is biased toward is probably wrong.

I like the summary in THIS graphic which depicts where most of the major media outlets sit on the political and quality of reporting spectrum.

It's sobering.
the big players are ALL on the right side - and who owns all the print version?

Have people been missing what some big names are saying about the control of print media in Australia, that 80% of the main players are owned by Murdoch, a non-Australian who loves controlling political outcomes
Old 23-10-2020, 06:45 AM   #7162
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Hey Trev! Crikey hey?

Victoria Police to investigate public servant after leak of coronavirus roadmap
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-2...-leak/12803210

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have no issue with real investigative journalism, in fact I applaud it, but when it is just badgering, bull-**** or just outright lies then I have an issue

Skynews in renowned for lies, old mate on Media Watch on the ABC pulls them apart all the time

I wanna watch the news and get the news NOT opinion, particularly biased opinion, whether it be right or left. Just report the ****ing truth FFS!!!!
Old 23-10-2020, 08:29 AM   #7163
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
I have no issue with real investigative journalism, in fact I applaud it, but when it is just badgering, bull-**** or just outright lies then I have an issue

Skynews in renowned for lies, old mate on Media Watch on the ABC pulls them apart all the time

I wanna watch the news and get the news NOT opinion, particularly biased opinion, whether it be right or left. Just report the ****ing truth FFS!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBIx...=johnmayerVEVO

John Mayer

"When they own the information, they can bend it all they want "
Old 23-10-2020, 08:45 AM   #7164
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post

It's sobering.
All of the ABC centre (except Q&A) hmmm. The ABC leans at least as far left as 7 and 9 lean right. Channel 10 is the most centred broadcaster.

The Guardian is definitely partisan left, I have never read an article there that is at all friendly to profit based businesses or government that supports anything on that. Every day it is full of blatant anti-Trump (not that there is anything wrong with that, but its just not journalism) campaigning.

I enjoy reading opinions from both sides to get a balanced view, but from that in my opinion the list is skewed to move most half a category the right.

5 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #7165
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&Ms View Post
Stroll never had Covid, he just wasn't feeling well.

Perez has recovered from Covid and almost scored a podium a few weeks ago.
Umm, yes he did. And his old man too.
Check the speedcafe articles about it.

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
2 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #7166
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Russ, you sure about some of those figures? It's just my mate watches SkyNews, and he reckons they say Trump is doing an awesome job but Dan Andrews and Jacinda Adern are doing **** and need to go...but your figures don't support that narrative, so I don't know what to believe. /s
Old 23-10-2020, 09:07 AM   #7167
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
All of the ABC centre (except Q&A) hmmm. The ABC leans at least as far left as 7 and 9 lean right. Channel 10 is the most centred broadcaster.

The Guardian is definitely partisan left, I have never read an article there that is at all friendly to profit based businesses or government that supports anything on that. Every day it is full of blatant anti-Trump (not that there is anything wrong with that, but its just not journalism) campaigning.

I enjoy reading opinions from both sides to get a balanced view, but from that in my opinion the list is skewed to move most half a category the right.
It's an interesting graphic and is drawn from Reddit research. I generally find Reddit centre unless you look for stuff which reinforces your own opinion, in which case you're skewing the results anyway.

I also would cut n' paste a few - ABC News bulletin is centre but their online offerings would go to the Leans Left Mixed Quality, along with 7:30 Report, SMH and The Age (since being taken over by Nine Entertainment). I'd move The Drum to Poor Quality Leans Left, because I find it is too progressive in that it focuses on vocal minority issues and is generally out of touch with mainstream Australia. The AFR would go to HQ Centre but the Sky stuff is bang on.

But that's probably just my bias coming through anyway Who could ever claim to be an unbiased arbiter and correctly position the chart contents?
4 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2020, 09:41 AM   #7168
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS
But that's probably just my bias coming through anyway Who could ever claim to be an unbiased arbiter and correctly position the chart contents?
That’s a bit like the famous quote attributed to Alexandre Dumas, Toutes les généralisations sont dangereuses, y compris celle-ci.

I’m surprised there isn’t an audio overdub of The Impossible Dream as Premier Andrews daily fronts up to the Spanish Inquisition presser.

Relatedly, it looks like aged care regulation is up the proverbial more than ever - if another “wave” of cases come into care facilities I doubt there will be any better response than before - which seemed to morbidly echo the “chicken pox parties” once favoured by parents.
Old 23-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #7169
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
It's an interesting graphic and is drawn from Reddit research. I generally find Reddit centre unless you look for stuff which reinforces your own opinion, in which case you're skewing the results anyway.

I also would cut n' paste a few - ABC News bulletin is centre but their online offerings would go to the Leans Left Mixed Quality, along with 7:30 Report, SMH and The Age (since being taken over by Nine Entertainment). I'd move The Drum to Poor Quality Leans Left, because I find it is too progressive in that it focuses on vocal minority issues and is generally out of touch with mainstream Australia. The AFR would go to HQ Centre but the Sky stuff is bang on.

Yes no one can decide what centre actually is, by definition it has to be "where most people are". So really, it matters not what is right (if there is such a thing) or wrong. Centre has to be the most popular (not the noisiest- a critical distinction) or the most offended, or the most who feel their freedom is being taken away. Where the ratings are is actually is the most accurate definition of centre.

The centre is generally politically quiet. They are watching The Block, Masterchef or Netflix while a few noisy people furthest away to the right and left argue about what is "right".

2 users like this post:
Old 23-10-2020, 12:27 PM   #7170
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

More first hand evidence that COVID has life long health implications post "recovery" in middle aged adults who were healthy pre COVID.

Dr Nathalie MacDermott (a NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer in Paediatrics (Infectious Diseases)), contracted COVID in March. She now has symptoms of Long-COVID.

Quote:
Dr MacDermott is suffering serious, ongoing symptoms after contracting COVID-19 back in March.

When her feet went numb while driving, she knew something was seriously wrong.

Then came the searing pain in her back, radiating down her arms and legs, when she walked up stairs.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...rious/12785934
Closed Thread