Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Newcastle > Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions

Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions General Chit and so forth!

Old 10-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
caliente
Starter Motor

Question local newcastle typhoon seeks advice

my new phoon has cosumed 1ltr of oil in 1000km, is this norm?
Does your phoon blow black smoke under boost?
Does your phoon gussell 15ltr/100lm on the highway, and get well below 400km on a tank driving it easy around town.

Ideas needed before i go back to the dealer.

Cheers.

caliente is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
madmick

Mate i wouldnt be waiting for ideas i would be taking it straight back to the dealer....It's not normal...cheers Mick!!!
madmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #3
Dannopower
The Mandarin Monster

what he said! Go back! Theres no smoke screen option on the FPV brochure, I've Checked!

288rwkw of EDIT POWER
Go You Good Thing!!
Click here for the FPV and XR Club ACT Website
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente
my new phoon has cosumed 1ltr of oil in 1000km, is this norm?
Does your phoon blow black smoke under boost?
Does your phoon gussell 15ltr/100lm on the highway, and get well below 400km on a tank driving it easy around town.

Ideas needed before i go back to the dealer.

Cheers.
I read somewhere simon's(gtp 330) typhoon used a bit of oil when it was new. I think it was something to do with the oil they use in them when new.

Speak to blufoon on here about the rest of the questions he should be able to help.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:50 AM   #5
caliente
Starter Motor

Default phoon

Thanks for your help chaps.
Old 15-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
jmc-007

Do you have a dark coloured typhoon, i think i seen one on sunday or Saturday.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #7
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente
Thanks for your help chaps.
How did you go?
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 08:06 PM   #8
caliente
Starter Motor

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc-007
Do you have a dark coloured typhoon, i think i seen one on sunday or Saturday.

That is the one.

As for going back i haven't had a chance as of late...been flat...hopefully i will get it back to them this week. The guys in town are fully aware of what is happening, just need to get the time to see them.

As for the black smoke under boost well i sure didn't tick for the batman smoke screen, but ford said that it is due to the car being new and isn't running the full 9 PSI and will not until it gets the 3,000km/1 month service done and re-flash???

On that note i have approached a reputal racing shop, and they think the factory tune is all stuffed up, too much fuel and not enough boost...Hmmm...they want it to run 12PSi minumum with the current fuel consumption which equates to allot more than 300kw at the rears with 800nm+ torque minimum...Hmmm... Should i or shouldn't i....

Dramas...LOL i will keep you all posted as time slowly goes by.
Old 27-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #9
stitty
Stunt Driver

should you??? should you??? yes you should! BUT - dont forget that as soon as you modify your drivetrain, your factory warranty becomes totally null and void. check with the dealers as to what you can get away with and still maintain warranty (try to get something in writing), then go from there.
But i must admit, the figures are quite nice
stitty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 12:39 PM   #10
blufoon
f6 twins

just be careful of the 300klw at the treds with just pumping up the boost you need to do a bit more than that but it can happen. if the car has low ks on it you can lean it out to much. : we have 298.8 at the treds and we get over 650 ks to a tank in the foon and 770 in the ute thay both blow black smoke if you get up them untill you get the boost up but we have never had to top up the oil we change it every 7000 ks and use mobil 1. typhoon has 35000 on it now and just gets better and better.talk to auto tech he's the man.we have no probs from our dealer but we look after both in a loving way.thay are just great the ute also has the aps phs 2 kit now aswell set at 285rwkw untill she gets a few more ks on it :evil_laug
Old 01-09-2005, 01:51 PM   #11
blufoon
f6 twins

the ute gives the same fuel economy as the car but its got a biger tank. spiro at autotech tuned it and the cost will depend on what you get done $5500 will get you a big push in the back with good economy. but get the oil probs looked at first. if you come to the upper hunter ill take you for a drive so you can see the differance in them its like driving a different car. just send me a email before so ill be home
Old 14-09-2005, 09:52 PM   #12
caliente
Starter Motor

The car is now starting to loosen up, there is more power and better fuel economy. As for the oil consumption it is dropping off to about 200ml per 1000km. Now no batman smoke screen :voldar02: .

Though i have noticed that the temperature gauge has started climbing to half way mark around town when stuck in rush hour climate set to 22 degrees on the inside and outside temp 25 degrees, also that is when driving it easy and not even using the turbo? Hmmm, might need bonnet vents, found some that look good but can anyone recommend a good place to get it installed, as holes will need to be cut and bonnet to be painted?
Old 15-09-2005, 12:17 AM   #13
Dannopower
The Mandarin Monster

mate, dont hack into your bonnet, all you need is the edit.

Change the thermostat, down to a 160 degree version, and have your edit custom tuned to activate your thermo fans to come on earlier, and change the parameters that determine when the rich fuel map cuts in. Utilizing these capabilities and with its performance enhancing abilities including sharper drive by wire response, improved boost control and the option of varying ecu maps, It will cost you a lot less and be far more rewarding than hacking holes in the bonnet and hoping for the best!

288rwkw of EDIT POWER
Go You Good Thing!!

Last edited by Dannopower; 15-09-2005 at 12:23 AM.
Old 15-09-2005, 12:26 AM   #14
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannopower
mate, dont hack into your bonnet, all you need is the edit.

Change the thermostat, down to a 160 degree version, and have your edit custom tuned to activate your thermo fans to come on earlier, and change the parameters that determine when the rich fuel map cuts in. Utilizing these capabilities and with its performance enhancing abilities including sharper drive by wire response, improved boost control and the option of varying ecu maps, It will cost you a lot less and be far more rewarding than hacking holes in the bonnet and hoping for the best!
i have no doubt that an edit on a phoon would be an improvement as they seem rather detuned. however i find it wierd that the car is having problems due to the factory tune . wierd as.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:31 AM   #15
Dannopower
The Mandarin Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i have no doubt that an edit on a phoon would be an improvement as they seem rather detuned. however i find it wierd that the car is having problems due to the factory tune . wierd as.
From about 215rwkw stock, to about 270rwkw edited, no other mods, I'd say they are well and truly detuned.

288rwkw of EDIT POWER
Go You Good Thing!!