Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Newcastle > Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions

Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions General Chit and so forth!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
kaneo
superpursuit197

Default supercharged 290 boss

hi,
ive recently purchased a super persuit.im going to get an upgrade kit which includes extractors,twin exhuast,cold air intake and a smaller pully which should give me about 360kw.from what people tell me,these are pretty standard mods for this car.im also thinking about fitting a supercharger,but i dont know a thing about them.(i dont know anything about cars in general).i would be happy to hear from anyone who knows the do's and don'ts about enhancing an engine like this.
cheers.

kaneo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
pursuit ute
team pursuit

: Hi my advice to you would do one or the other,I have a pursuit ute with the mods you have mentioned.My wife car is a BA XR8 supercharged if i were you supercharged with extractors and good exaust is the way to go really depends what power you are after I recomend spiro at APS in granville sydney hope i have helped :
pursuit ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
kaneo
superpursuit197

Default fpv mods

i find that mine doesnt realy get giong until i hit around 4000 rpm,does your persuit get a better response on take off with the mods you have fitted.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #4
05_ENFORCER

Kane, go see Terry/Barry @ BPT in Wangara or Harry/Aaron @ APC in Wangara or Myaree.
Good blokes no bullshite. :evil_laug
Old 09-01-2007, 12:46 AM   #5
kaneo
superpursuit197

sounds like a beast,ive enquired about the apc exhaust system,but wanted to hear first.do you recomend them.how many kw's do you get with those mods.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #6
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Have a look at this one :
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...hlight=wasp+gt
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #7
gtp
BPT MotorSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneo
i find that mine doesnt realy get giong until i hit around 4000 rpm,does your persuit get a better response on take off with the mods you have fitted.
Hi Kaneo,

I'm not sure if you are the same guy that is test driving our supercharged boss 290 on Thursday but im sure you will like what you see hear and feel.
If you are not the guy that has booked in be sure not to miss out or book a test drive some time.
The M122 Hybrid charger gives you the best output per pound of boost under 15psi range with boosted fuel economy to boot.

see: http://www.norcom.net.au/~bpt/Superc...4-eb-au-v8.htm

Call Terry for more info.

Barry.
gtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #8
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp
Hi Kaneo,

I'm not sure if you are the same guy that is test driving our supercharged boss 290 on Thursday but im sure you will like what you see hear and feel.
If you are not the guy that has booked in be sure not to miss out or book a test drive some time.
The M122 Hybrid charger gives you the best output per pound of boost under 15psi range with boosted fuel economy to boot.

see: http://www.norcom.net.au/~bpt/Superc...4-eb-au-v8.htm

Call Terry for more info.

Barry.

extremely impressive there Barry.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #9
gtp
BPT MotorSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER
Kane, go see Terry/Barry @ BPT in Wangara or Harry/Aaron @ APC in Wangara or Myaree.
Good blokes no bullshite. :evil_laug
The kits that APC sell are those manufactured by us in Wangra.

Barry.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #10
kaneo
superpursuit197

thanks barry
im heading up north for a few weeks tomorrow,but ill be sure to call in for a chat when i get back.you've got a very good reputation in perth. (no,its not me whos coming in for the test drive). :sm_headba
Old 09-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #11
gtp
BPT MotorSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneo
thanks barry
im heading up north for a few weeks tomorrow,but ill be sure to call in for a chat when i get back.you've got a very good reputation in perth. :sm_headba
No worries, Look forward to hearing from you.
We are offering great deals on kits and extras at the moment saving sometimes thousands of dollars. After hours tech and free ugrades on software revision.

Barry.