Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #1921
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Time for a "yeti your an idiot post"

So this morning, running late for work with heaps on after being off sick yesterday, I noticed a kitten on the edge of the road that didn't move as I drove past.

I thought I'd check on its welfare as it was only about 8 weeks old, I turned around and went back and saw it had blood on its nose and was not looking so crash hot

I looked at the houses both sides of the road and no one was home so I figured I'd do my good deed and take it to the vet as some one had obviously hit it and either not noticed or not given a stuff and driven off.

Here's where the your a bloody idiot part really kicks in. I got a box out of the back of my car and an old jumper and went to collect him, the little buggers fight or flight instinct kicks in and he does the Harold across the road and under my car. no biggy I think (even though I'm dressed for work) I'll just reach in and grab him. But no this little ****** decides rather than letting me catch him or running away from me out the other side hell jump up and climb in between my rack (rack and pinon, I've got a health set of man cans but think steering in this case) and the exhaust.

I'm thinking how am i going to get this thing out, so I try some water to encourage it to go elsewhere.

he did.

he climbs further under the engine then up under the inlet manifold.

I had no tools with me and as my wife and I had left for work at the same time I got her to pick me up some spanners and drop them off.

I ended up jacking my car up dropping the plastic service cover off that covers every thing under my car and retrieving the little blighter.

I put my car back together and took him to the vet, the thing had a broken right front leg and untold internal injury's and had to be euthanased :( but the thing didn't even have a micro chip so I couldn't even go to the owners house and beet the **** out of them, just well just because I wanted to hit some barsted

Any how that's my your a ******* dick head story for this week

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #1922
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bwah! Hah Hah!......^^^^^^^

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2015, 05:44 PM   #1923
snopony

at least after all that, the little bugger would be out of pain... what if you hadn't found him and he hung on for weeks in agony.... I think you did your good deed for the day.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #1924
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

I think that was great Yeti. karma should pay you well for that.
Fight or flight was instinct, but you would also like to think that at some point there was a realisation that you were trying to help.
I've had a crap day, but your single post has made it better already.
a simple act of kindness can improve a bad day.. thanks
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #1925
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah good on yah Yeti. I reckon I would have done exactly the same thing!!

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #1926
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
I wear "Steel Blue" steel capped boots.

They're rather heavy but kinda comfortable as far as boots go, though I put gel inner soles in them.

Still feels like I'm wearing a pair of bricks on my feet though.

Cheers!
The Blundstone ones are starting to slowly wear in, its a real pain in the *** to get my foot into though, got size 11s which are my size but the CAT ones are a fair bit wider.

They were real uncomfortable at first but now I'm starting to get used to them.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #1927
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Decided to get work this morning and catch up on a few jobs for next week.

Nice sunny afternoon, 20 degrees, beautiful excuse to get the golf clubs out play nine holes.

Spent the next two hours fishing balls out of the shrubbery. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ah well, next time will be better, I hope
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2015, 06:00 PM   #1928
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Nice sunny afternoon, 20 degrees, beautiful excuse to get the golf clubs out play nine holes.
And here am I thinking you are are gunna complain about losing $5 raking up the leaves!

cheers vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #1929
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Spent the last 4 days of my holidays laid up with the flu, and gonna need another 2-3 days sick leave this coming week.
On the plus side, considering I returned from Singapore a week ago, my doctor is satisfied its not swine/bird or ebola, and I can afford to loose a couple of kgs by not eating for a week.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 18-05-2015, 08:34 PM   #1930
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Baking a new recipe for Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Cake and it turns out NOTHING like the pic or the description. All of the coated fresh blueberries (lightly coated in flour so they don't sink in the batter) did nothing because the fresh juicy sweet blueberries sank and got stuck in the pretty bundt pan prepped with nonstick Pam. The cream cheese mixture which was supposed to have been swirled ended up clumped on the bottom (which became the top) and it was a very heavy cake. Not something I'll be baking again in the future.
I'm a very good baker and I know I didn't mess up the recipe. Oh well, I tried and it was a fail so it ended up in my "file 13 recipe box." The dump recipe box.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #1931
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aaaaaaand, let me add another "geez I hate that moment."

People who don't seem to realize or care that they are kicking the seat in front of them on an airplane. Not once or twice or even 3 times. But repeatedly, over and over. And it wasn't a kid either. I figured maybe it's a really tall person behind me but nope, the person wasn't a super tall person, say almost 6 feet or taller. I'm not a tall person so I don't have this problem. And if I did accidentally kick the seat in front of me I'd feel bad. Anyway that was a geez I hate that moment.
Old 19-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #1932
TRAU BLAU

When I'm walking down the footpath & a group of people coming the other way force me into the gutter because they won't move over.Push through & I'm inconsiderate.But I s'pose it's like every annoying social interaction you just have to "cop it sweet."
Old 19-05-2015, 03:38 PM   #1933
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAU BLAU View Post
When I'm walking down the footpath & a group of people coming the other way force me into the gutter because they won't move over.Push through & I'm inconsiderate.But I s'pose it's like every annoying social interaction you just have to "cop it sweet."
That irked me when I worked in Brisbane city. Oncoming groups of folk would walk in "bands" on the footpath looking at their phones, I'd have to dodge and weave my single way through all of them with nary an acknowledgement of my existence - only to find the next oncoming "band" of the same bloody thing.

I hate that too!

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2015, 12:00 PM   #1934
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you're on the phone, I'm not getting out your way.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #1935
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
That irked me when I worked in Brisbane city. Oncoming groups of folk would walk in "bands" on the footpath looking at their phones, I'd have to dodge and weave my single way through all of them with nary an acknowledgement of my existence - only to find the next oncoming "band" of the same bloody thing.

I hate that too!

Cheers!
Try walking in Footscray. Five abreast moving at a snails pace. Myself being 5' 10" @ 95kg= bulldozer mode engaged. The worst is when they just stand in front of shops, blocking entrances and look at you as if you're doing something wrong.
And don't get me started on prams! Geez I hate that!
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2015, 10:06 PM   #1936
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who stand way too close to me as I'm at the ATM withdrawing some cash. I just stood closer to the ATM to block anyone's view with my bag and my hands. Wish I could have said, "do you mind?"
Old 22-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #1937
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

when youre walking thru a shopping mall on one side and a group of about 6 or more people decide they want to stop right in the walkway chatting about bull****
everyone else walking in both directions now have one third of the room to pass and it becomes congested and just darn impossible to walk on thru
ive become accustomed to saying some people jsut dont have a clue and dont think huh to the misses was we try to get past the idiots without hitting the poor lady coming the other way with a pusher and another toddler beside her plus the other hald a dozen people trying to get around

get
a
clue
muppets

there, i feel much better
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #1938
Matty4
Banana

Credit Card fraudsters.................................grrr!!!
Just got the dreaded text message from my banks fraud dept asking me to call them.
Logged into internet banking and see that $4500 has been taken out of our credit card by some flog using to gamble with Luxbet, William Hill and Sportsbet in the last 24 hrs.

Now our cards have been de-activated whilst we wait for new ones.
Luckily we have enough cash on us to get through until the new cards arrive some time next week. I'd even memorised the card details for ease of use, now I gotta do it all over again.................grrr!!!
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2015, 09:49 AM   #1939
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hate being sick and feeling like crap, but not looking or sounding sick. i don't think my boss believed my last call to say i wouldn't be returning to work on friday and i would get an extension on my dr's certificate.

almost been a week since i have eaten (some lunch on sunday, small dinner monday) and have dropped a bit over 10kg since then (started at high 70kgs, now 67kgs).
Old 23-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #1940
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@ sneaky: Hope you feel better soon! =) Just return to work with your doctor's certificate, your boss can't say anything after that. Besides, dropping that much weight is a sure sign you've been very sick.

I understand how you feel in a slightly different way. I have asthma and that's one of the "doesn't look sick to me" kind of sick. But like other asthmatics, I wheeze severely and I don't sound good at all. I struggle to inhale and you can hear my blocked airways expanding, trying to get air in. I am quiet as a birdie when I wheeze. (and I'm pretty sociable so, yea that's an obvious sign)
Old 23-05-2015, 11:16 AM   #1941
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks NickyN, i hope to feel better soon as well. pretty useless sitting at home doing nothing for a week when there was so much i could have been doing at home
Old 23-05-2015, 02:33 PM   #1942
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
People who stand way too close to me as I'm at the ATM withdrawing some cash. I just stood closer to the ATM to block anyone's view with my bag and my hands. Wish I could have said, "do you mind?"
I'll always save a good fart for those that crowd me, soon gives me breathing space and I love walking away with big smile on me dial.
Old 23-05-2015, 03:30 PM   #1943
marty351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I'll always save a good fart for those that crowd me, soon gives me breathing space and I love walking away with big smile on me dial.
I did that in the bank yesterday. 5 ladies chatting away, standing so close I could smell their breath. Dropped a little sbd and walked forward one pace, sudden silence.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #1944
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Nothin like a bit of 'crop dusting' when out and about
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2015, 03:43 AM   #1945
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
thanks NickyN, i hope to feel better soon as well. pretty useless sitting at home doing nothing for a week when there was so much i could have been doing at home
The getting better part didn't happen. Now lying around doing nothing from the comfort of a hospital bed. To add insult it is my wife's birthday today. Hope the doctors and nurses sort me out.
Old 26-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #1946
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
not game at my age.....cant trust a fart nowadays......some can have lumps in them !!!!!!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2015, 11:51 AM   #1947
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I disagree poppa smurf, you'll be sure to clear an area for breathing space :-)
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #1948
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
not game at my age.....cant trust a fart nowadays......some can have lumps in them !!!!!!
They're called sharts....
2 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #1949
marty351

Talking Re: Geez! I hate that!

Better to "follow through" than be left behind.
Old 27-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #1950
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

When you apply for a job that you think is going to get you miles in front professionally and financially only to find out that you also need to pay the gummint double tax.