Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-07-2021, 04:20 PM   #91
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: 2022 Ranger and Everest ideas from CarExpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
The rear drum thing is due to Thailand tax concessions. Same with leaf springs.
Leaf springs are because of towing and load capacity.

They gave nothing to do with Tax incentives.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 08:01 PM   #92
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

By the look of the photos we will be getting disc brakes and coil springs on the higher end models at least.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #93
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Leaf springs are because of towing and load capacity.

They gave nothing to do with Tax incentives.
Since these utes are now default family vehicles, I'd like to see what percentage of owners actually tow or carry 1 tonne in the back.

I want a 4x4 ute again, I won't be buying one that has leaf suspension and drum brakes.
I don't need to tow 3000kgs or carry 1 tonne in the back, but I want a ute bed with a canopy.
Give me a comfy ride and good brakes.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2021, 09:34 PM   #94
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
I want one now Boss! Everything seems to be coming in the future and even further away for us in Aus!
Blame our poor EV infrastructure. The same reason the mach-e isn’t here yet.

You can point out as many charger maps as you want, but the reality is people don’t want to have to keep driving out of their way just to find a charging point, when there is a servo on just about every street corner. Some people will accept that, most others won’t. Be a few more years till the infrastructure gets to an acceptable level.

Although my personal opinion is we should be dipping our toe in the market now. Get in early. But it is what it is. They are the ones who have done the market research, and what the buyers want before they transition to EV.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2021, 12:01 AM   #95
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Blame our poor EV infrastructure. The same reason the mach-e isn’t here yet.

You can point out as many charger maps as you want, but the reality is people don’t want to have to keep driving out of their way just to find a charging point, when there is a servo on just about every street corner. Some people will accept that, most others won’t. Be a few more years till the infrastructure gets to an acceptable level.

Although my personal opinion is we should be dipping our toe in the market now. Get in early. But it is what it is. They are the ones who have done the market research, and what the buyers want before they transition to EV.
About 2000 sales per month suggest otherwise Boss. The Model 3 is living proof that people are not inconvenienced enough not to buy. In 15,000 kms in the Model 3, we've used a public fast charger once. (We do use the ones at the local shops when buying groceries or when I'm at the gym but that's not going out of my way and more of a convenience thing; why not use it whilst I'm there).

As you said, Ford have a golden opportunity to leapfrog the competition here and really differentiate themselves from the rest of the market. The response to the Mach E has been amazing internationally. The F150 has been a big hit. I know hundreds (literally hundreds in groups) that are counting down the hours and minutes till a CyberTruck or Rivian make it to market.

Last edited by kypez; 20-07-2021 at 12:08 AM.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2021, 12:40 AM   #96
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Couple locals here, one has a Model X and now there's another with a Model 3 - we're regional VIC.

With the range, I could make an EV work, just plug it in overnight when I get home, just like my phone(s).

The wallet can't though
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2021, 07:08 AM   #97
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Admittedly, my next car purchase will be an ev over a traditional ice vehicle, but that will be close to 7 years away, by then I’ll only need a smaller runabout for local trips so I feel confident enough for it then. For now I don’t need to replace the Yaris we have plus the cost to purchase said shopping trolly combined with the forward thinking Victorian governments ev kilometre tax that’s now in place does not make it attractive.
Back on topic though, this new version of the Everest is really the first time any of the new breed has excited me, looking forward to seeing these once they are released.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2021, 11:38 AM   #98
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
About 2000 sales per month suggest otherwise Boss. The Model 3 is living proof that people are not inconvenienced enough not to buy. In 15,000 kms in the Model 3, we've used a public fast charger once. (We do use the ones at the local shops when buying groceries or when I'm at the gym but that's not going out of my way and more of a convenience thing; why not use it whilst I'm there).

As you said, Ford have a golden opportunity to leapfrog the competition here and really differentiate themselves from the rest of the market. The response to the Mach E has been amazing internationally. The F150 has been a big hit. I know hundreds (literally hundreds in groups) that are counting down the hours and minutes till a CyberTruck or Rivian make it to market.
Tesla have the cult followers who think elons poop don’t stink. They will follow the company line and pretend there are no drawbacks. Take away the cult buyers and there are very few other ev sales atm.
Old 20-07-2021, 11:53 AM   #99
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Tesla have the cult followers who think elons poop don’t stink. They will follow the company line and pretend there are no drawbacks. Take away the cult buyers and there are very few other ev sales atm.
I remember when Ford used to have a Cult like following in Australia... Though, the Tesla followers actually buy the products.

Problem is every other manufacturer is trying to balance traditional dealer models with EVs that don't need yearly manufacturing. Heck, look at the new BMW i4. Starts at $100k for what is essentially a Model 3. Its heavier, slower, less chargers, option packs galore which the Model 3 gets standard!
Old 20-07-2021, 12:08 PM   #100
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I remember when Ford used to have a Cult like following in Australia... Though, the Tesla followers actually buy the products.

Problem is every other manufacturer is trying to balance traditional dealer models with EVs that don't need yearly manufacturing. Heck, look at the new BMW i4. Starts at $100k for what is essentially a Model 3. Its heavier, slower, less chargers, option packs galore which the Model 3 gets standard!
Ones a bmw, the other is lol Tesla. Prestige vs. built in china or even worse, the usa, by a company that openly admits it struggles with building cars. With a ceo who talks out of his ****. Where’s that cybertruck, self driving cars and all the other stuff elon promised but can’t deliver?
Old 20-07-2021, 12:13 PM   #101
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Ones a bmw, the other is lol Tesla. Prestige vs. built in china or even worse, the usa, by a company that openly admits it struggles with building cars. With a ceo who talks out of his ****. Where’s that cybertruck, self driving cars and all the other stuff elon promised but can’t deliver?
Why not share his successes as well then? Fastest production car in the world. Probably the best semi autonomous system on the planet. Some of the best handling cars. One of the best EV infrastructure roll out programs

You sound like my Kiwi friends who Support NZ and any country playing against Australia.

Heck, I never disliked Holden as much as you dislike Tesla.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Old 20-07-2021, 12:19 PM   #102
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Why not share his successes as well then? Fastest production car in the world. Probably the best semi autonomous system on the planet. Some of the best handling cars. One of the best EV infrastructure roll out programs

You sound like my Kiwi friends who Support NZ and any country playing against Australia.

Heck, I never disliked Holden as much as you dislike Tesla.

The semi autonomous system that has resulted in how many crashes now? I’m just over the fraud saying things that are either false, or making promises he can’t keep. He’s nothing but a **** talker. Tesla would be a great company if they gave him the boot.
Old 20-07-2021, 12:22 PM   #103
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
The semi autonomous system that has resulted in how many crashes now? I’m just over the fraud saying things that are either false, or making promises he can’t keep. He’s nothing but a **** talker. Tesla would be a great company if they gave him the boot.
Driven it for 102,000 kms. Never crashed

Agreed he is an idiot

Old 20-07-2021, 01:29 PM   #104
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My 13 year old son thinks Elon is a God.. he watches a lot of youtube
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2021, 01:31 PM   #105
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Hey! we don't like the French either - very hard Rugby to watch
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2021, 01:33 PM   #106
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They only crash because the drivers stop paying attention thinking the car drives itself. Which isn’t the case. The driver still needs to intervene.
Old 20-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #107
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
Hey! we don't like the French either - very hard Rugby to watch
Didn't know that! Learnt something new today!

That last game though... you gotta appreciate that effort!
Old 20-07-2021, 01:40 PM   #108
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
My 13 year old son thinks Elon is a God.. he watches a lot of youtube
I see that with a lot of Kids. They love Elon! They also love Teslas. My little nieces knew about Karaoke in the Tesla before even I did! I had never used it and they saw I had one and jumped in to use the "Caraoke". They are 9-10 years old. They were also very comfortable with the interface to find what they wanted. Took them no time at all to find the games, youtube and karaoke feature.

Ford Needs to do something like that with their cars. Bring some fun into them that makes kids excited about the car.
Old 20-07-2021, 01:50 PM   #109
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I see that with a lot of Kids. They love Elon! They also love Teslas. My little nieces knew about Karaoke in the Tesla before even I did! I had never used it and they saw I had one and jumped in to use the "Caraoke". They are 9-10 years old. They were also very comfortable with the interface to find what they wanted. Took them no time at all to find the games, youtube and karaoke feature.

Ford Needs to do something like that with their cars. Bring some fun into them that makes kids excited about the car.
I hear kids excitement at Tesla's everyday on my bus, can spot one a mile away many of them.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2021, 01:50 PM   #110
Bossxr8
Peter Car

So about that ranger and everest.
4 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2021, 01:57 PM   #111
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Exactly.

Unless it relates directly to Ford / Range / Everest, anyone who posts the words;
  • Elon
  • Musk
  • Tesla

will have their posts deleted.

Please stay on topic ladies and gentlemen, there are other threads for that sort of stuff.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2021, 02:01 PM   #112
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
I do hope Ford take note and introduce these "unnecessary' features into the Ranger but more so the Everest. They still can't get past (or near) the Prado and they need something special to get people excited about the Everest. Its a great car but needs an X factor. It just does everything well which isn't enough.
Old 20-07-2021, 02:06 PM   #113
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
Exactly.

Unless it relates directly to Ford / Range / Everest, anyone who posts the words;
  • Elon
  • Musk
  • Tesla

will have their posts deleted.

Please stay on topic ladies and gentlemen, there are other threads for that sort of stuff.
Before agreeing with someones quote, those topics were only brought into the discussion to show that we have enough EV infrastructure for Ford to introduce EVs. That person took the conversation away from Everest and Ranger in the first place and went down specific Tesla/Elon related conversation/bagging.
Old 20-07-2021, 02:12 PM   #114
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Before agreeing with someones quote, those topics were only brought into the discussion to show that we have enough EV infrastructure for Ford to introduce EVs. It was another user who went down specific Tesla related conversation/bagging.
My post was not directed at anyone in particular and that includes yourself.

I can see who did but a few people also continued on that conversation.

To clear it up, when I post something like I did above, it is nothing more than a friendly reminder. When I say something like, "if this continues posts will be deleted." it is simply giving everyone the heads up so that if/when I do delete their post it shouldn't come as a shock.

I hope that clears it up. If not, as I have said many times before, PM me, I'm always happy to listen.
Old 20-07-2021, 02:19 PM   #115
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
My post was not directed at anyone in particular and that includes yourself.

I can see who did but a few people also continued on that conversation.

To clear it up, when I post something like I did above, it is nothing more than a friendly reminder. When I say something like, "if this continues posts will be deleted." it is simply giving everyone the heads up so that if/when I do delete their post it shouldn't come as a shock.

I hope that clears it up. If not, as I have said many times before, PM me, I'm always happy to listen.
You're good PG2! My mistake. I'm happy to own my mistakes.
Old 20-07-2021, 02:51 PM   #116
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

When are we expecting the media launch of this new Ranger/Everest combination 3rd or 4th quarter of 2021?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2021, 08:05 PM   #117
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My fear is that they will wack a +10K to the prices and say hey look at all the new technology.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2021, 08:33 PM   #118
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
My fear is that they will wack a +10K to the prices and say hey look at all the new technology.
It appears that Isuzu are going to do the same thing with the MUX;

https://www.caradvice.com.au/967622/...ls-up-by-9000/

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...v-report-84111

Quote:

The price list of the upcoming Isuzu MU-X has seemingly been leaked, with the document pointing to a $5k price jump for the entry-level model of the brand's D-Max-based SUV.

The data – apparently leaked on FB Group Isuzu D-MAX, MU-X Owners Group Australia – lists three trim levels (LSM, LSU and LST), each offered in 4X2 or 4X4 guise.

The list seemingly confirms the expected price jumps across the board, with the cost of entry into an MU-X seemingly climbing from $43,900 in the outgoing model to $48,900 in the new model. If you're shopping for a LST 4X2, the news is harder still, with the price climbing from $50,100 to $60,990.

The full model list published by the FB group reads as follows:
  • LSM 4X2 Auto: $48,990 (was $43,900)
  • LSU 4X2 Auto: $54,990 (was $46,300)
  • LST 4X2 Auto: $60,990 (was $50,100)
  • LSM 4X4 Auto: $54,990 (was $51,200)
  • LSU 4X4 Auto: $59,990 (was $53,600)
  • LST 4X4 Auto: $63,990 (was $57,400)
Old 20-07-2021, 09:02 PM   #119
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Given the prices that Toyota is charging for high series Hilux these days,
it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Ford set its prices even higher
and then to see buyers paying it because it’s what they want.

Why would Ford import a $90k F Truck if it can convince buyers to pay that for a Ranger…
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #120
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

apart from the fact that the F-truck has a bigger engine, Ranger is better in every single way - build quality, tech features, driving, gear shifts.

remember how much better PX1 was than Courier? PX4 should be another jump.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: