Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 
Default The Stupidity at the scene of the Werribee car smash has reached a new hight.

Speechless.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mor...-1226029065230

JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Default Re: The Stupidity at the scene of the Werribee car smash has reached a new hight.

Sure it's nice to leave flowers or something along them lines but burnouts? WHY?

Reminds me of all the idiots on the commodore cruise who done burnouts on the stretch of road where peter brock crashed. I would consider it more disrespectful than anything.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Stupidity at the scene of the Werribee car smash has reached a new hight.

Young inexperienced drivers driving inappropriately were the cause of the accident and yet they carry on with the same behaviour that killed their friends before the bodies are even cold. These people are not destined to make old bones

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

bogan mentality at its finest.
Old 28-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

After reading that article...I'm gobsmacked...and whilst I don't know (nor do I really want to know) the graphic details of the why's and wherefores of this accident, and I can understand that kids want to pay tribute to their friends, etc, etc, I just can't see this as being the 'right' way to do it...it makes me sad as hell to see that regardless of what caused this accident, these kids haven't learnt...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Well said all. Seems it must be a very hard lesson, even three deaths does not get the message through.

Be safe everyone!
Old 28-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

That is just amazing in the worst possible way
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
BFZF8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
My first thoughts on reading the article.
BFZF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #9
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

It would seem if you die in a dumb way, people will try to pay respect in an even dumber way!!
Old 28-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #10
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Stupid is as stupid does.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
barra265t
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
welcome to Werribee. If you live around the area you will appreciate just how much of a hole it really is. On top of that it is the site of Melbourne's main sewerage dump. Nuff said..
barra265t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 
Default Re: The Stupidity at the scene of the Werribee car smash has reached a new height.

Sorry to hear... But I guess speed camera's will be installed as a result.....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #13
EFJay

bunch of oxygen thieves...
EFJay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #14
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing says "we love you mate" more than a ****weak single-spinner ending in an embarrassing engine stall on the spot your friend died
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Disrespectful in every way. au3xr6 said it best.
Old 28-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Just think, one day it might be these same people who become the leaders of their community. :(

Respect is mostly a 7 letter word.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #17
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stereotypes in action... the whole thing is an absolute tragedy but the stupidity of these braindead suburban morons never fails to suprise.
Old 28-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #18
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Did you expect any more from a bunch of 18 year olds?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #19
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

This wouldnt have happend it there was a saftey camera at that intersection.
Quick, somebody PM Sudzy about it so he/she/it can make the call out to install one!

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #20
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

I fear the cycle is about to repeat with no lesson learned, how sad......
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #21
Kryton

Google Warrnambool cemetry burnout funeral and see what bogan is really all about.
Some doofus done himself in being a tool and the so called 'mates' lit up the cemetry as a sign of respect.
Shoot em all.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #22
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Google Warrnambool cemetry burnout funeral and see what bogan is really all about.
Some doofus done himself in being a tool and the so called 'mates' lit up the cemetry as a sign of respect.
Shoot em all.
A little OT, but has Warrnambool really gotten that bad? When I was a kid, it was a great place to go, and sure as hell beat being in Portland...

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 28-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #23
Kryton

IIRC, Warrnambool is pretty much the reason for hoon laws and impounding vehicles.
yes, it has got that bad.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #24
EFJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
IIRC, Warrnambool is pretty much the reason for hoon laws and impounding vehicles.
yes, it has got that bad.
I was down that way about 5 years ago and seen some idiot drifting around that last roundabout on the main drag (the beach end ) in broad daylight and all.
EFJay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #25
NAFairlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Did you expect any more from a bunch of 18 year olds?
i dont think that's entirely fair mate. Its a certain type/group of young adults. I'm 19, an absolute car nut, reasonably popular. I have never ever intentionally done a burnout on a tarmac road (done a couple tiny ones in the wet accidentally) i have never specifically gone out to do a burnout. Everytime i have been a **** in my car it has been a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere with no one else in the car, no other cars around and i have just stopped and had a little fun while i was passing through.
I'm not saying what i do is right, however in term's of you saying all 18 year olds go out and specifically go out to hoon, i think you need to be less general in your approach. I, nor do any of my friends have that type of mentality, even more so when there are other people around. It's a select few, and even fewer get it wrong.
NAFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #26
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger
I was down that way about 5 years ago and seen some idiot drifting around that last roundabout on the main drag (the beach end ) in broad daylight and all.
Drift was synonymous with both Portland and Warrnambool, and the beach was the worst place for it...I had hoped that had eased off...but I guess not.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 28-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #27
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFairlane
i dont think that's entirely fair mate. Its a certain type/group of young adults. I'm 19, an absolute car nut, reasonably popular. I have never ever intentionally done a burnout on a tarmac road (done a couple tiny ones in the wet accidentally) i have never specifically gone out to do a burnout. Everytime i have been a **** in my car it has been a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere with no one else in the car, no other cars around and i have just stopped and had a little fun while i was passing through.
I'm not saying what i do is right, however in term's of you saying all 18 year olds go out and specifically go out to hoon, i think you need to be less general in your approach. I, nor do any of my friends have that type of mentality, even more so when there are other people around. It's a select few, and even fewer get it wrong.
I'm with you. Things are never clear cut, but it's this particular subgroup of the bogan class that are letting us youngins down. The kind that leave Beam n Cola cans and tyre marks at car crash sites will never learn from anything because they're incapable of learning.
Old 28-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #28
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra265t
welcome to Werribee. If you live around the area you will appreciate just how much of a hole it really is. On top of that it is the site of Melbourne's main sewerage dump. Nuff said..
Nuff Said indeed.

It is a sinful scum ridden cesspool of bogans in Black Rapper caps, Damani Dada Wu Tang jackets and addidas trackies. 16 year old mothers with kids to different fathers smoking at the local train station, just a complete craphole. I was BORN there, lived there till I was 8 and these days go there to visit my family frequently, It's definitely not the place I'd want to bring up a kid, There's a very high concentration of the WORST of bogan stereotypes.

VR/VS commodores with burnout rims playing Snoop Dogg with that Red mud that all werribee cars seem to sport strewn over the paint... Fat, peroxide blonde "princesses" with white arnette sunnies driving silver hyundai excels with rooted rear shocks pink playboy bunny stickers and a baby in the back fags hangin outta their mouth.. What is wrong with these kids? This story just saddens me, so so much.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #29
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
This wouldnt have happend it there was a saftey camera at that intersection.
Quick, somebody PM Sudzy about it so he/she/it can make the call out to install one!
Unfortunately Sudszy wont read this thread since it doesn't contain the word 'Speed Camera' in the title. He doesn't care about crashes, just cameras. They are the best tool when it comes to road safety... obviously.

When I first saw this accident I just assumed they were a sensible drive who was unlucky and inexperienced. But since this persons 'mates' are this type of people who do what they did, I can only assume the person killed in the crash was one of these people too. Probably driving stupid and lost control.

If a death of a friend doesn't make these idiots act sensible, no speed camera or fine, no matter how big, will help either.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #30
NAFairlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
When I first saw this accident I just assumed they were a sensible drive who was unlucky and inexperienced. But since this persons 'mates' are this type of people who do what they did, I can only assume the person killed in the crash was one of these people too. Probably driving stupid and lost control.

If a death of a friend doesn't make these idiots act sensible, no speed camera or fine, no matter how big, will help either.
agreed
NAFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post