Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
alky89

Default software upgrades

Hi everyone,

i have an 04 lr focus zetec and it hasn't seen a ford dealership service since i bought it in 08. from the threads i've been reading this may be a good thing. i've been doing oil changes, brake pads etc myself and took it to my local mechanic for a major service. anyway i wanna know if there would have been any ecu updates or anything like that from ford?

cheers

alky89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by alky89
Hi everyone,

i have an 04 lr focus zetec and it hasn't seen a ford dealership service since i bought it in 08. from the threads i've been reading this may be a good thing. i've been doing oil changes, brake pads etc myself and took it to my local mechanic for a major service. anyway i wanna know if there would have been any ecu updates or anything like that from ford?

cheers
Alky, thats a realy good question Mate.
I am the same with my cars.
Have used the same non-dealer mechanic for years whom I know and trust.
Never thought of ECU upgrades . . .
On ya
Fredo
:

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

My LR is an '03. Early on there definitely WERE updates. I had at least 3 but that was within a couple of years after purchasing mine from new. As it's approaching 2010 I doubt whether they'd have any updates that were still current.

Unless someone can prove otherwise. I, along with a couple of other LR owners (Melbzetec springs to mind) have had Dynotuned Custom programs and I know that it definitely made a gain torque-wise with mine but not so much power-wise though.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 01:03 AM   #4
alky89

according to my log book the last ford service was in august of 07. im assuming (and its a big assumption) that if updates were available it would have been done then. so i guess i wanna know if there have been any newer updates since then? and if i cant get a certain answer on that then i'd like to know if ford would charge you to do a quick scan and update if necessary. in fact i might just take it in anyway. see what happens.
alky89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by alky89
according to my log book the last ford service was in august of 07. im assuming (and its a big assumption) that if updates were available it would have been done then. so i guess i wanna know if there have been any newer updates since then? and if i cant get a certain answer on that then i'd like to know if ford would charge you to do a quick scan and update if necessary. in fact i might just take it in anyway. see what happens.
Alky,
I might be wrong Mate but I don't think most of the regular contributors on here use Ford Service Centres.

I sure don't because I really struggle to pay $100/hr for some spotty faced apprentice to do only what he has to and nothing more. :the_finge

So whatever you find out will be very interesting to a lot of us I reckon.

Just my opinion though.
Fredo

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post