Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 29-05-2009, 01:23 AM   #61
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Sadly 1 of 2 tyres went missing in transit and its ended up in Sydney in quarantine how bazaar...
before anyone offers up some 15x15 tyres, Rod wont run 2nd hand tyres, importing your own means you get fresh rubber not something that has been sitting around going hard..
Well next time..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #62
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This has been going nearly as long as my XA !!
I look forward to seeing it in action .. make sure you let us know well in advance.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #63
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
This has been going nearly as long as my XA !!
I look forward to seeing it in action .. make sure you let us know well in advance.
hi Jeff
i dont think this has been as long as your coupe, from memory you were building your coupe before i got my Pursuit

this has however been a very long & large re-built, it started out as an engine rebuild for the Monza & has finnished up being a complete nut & bolt rebuild of the Pontiac

in hind sight i should of just ordered a new car from the US & it would of been done with by now

we were hopeing to come out & have a skid at the AFF Drag Day but sometimes the best laid plans go astray

how close is your car

we will have to catch up

regards
rod
Old 31-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #64
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think my XA rebuild will be shown on the history channel if it goes on any longer. I have rebuilt the motor but not put the geardbox and clutch back in. Then there is the wiring .
I will have to swing down and say hello soon, it's been a while.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:25 AM   #65
slimfromnz

I love the sheetmetal look. This is mine. Its a Big Block Buick. The block is been cast as we speak in the US. The heads I have which for small ports flow 380 cfm @ .600".
Hopefully have it running by end of year.
Royden