Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-05-2021, 08:49 PM   #3031
mondeomatureguy

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Hi Guys,
I said on another post on hear that had to go to Westmead Hospital today to see my brother's mate.
if you read the post you will understand what i am talking about.

I have known this guy all my life and now his in hospital with weeks to live.
I spent about 1 hour with him just chatting and having a few laughs together and talked what ever he wanted to talk about.

It made my day just to hear him laugh and i am really glade i made the trip to the Hospital to see him and bring him some enjoyment.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2021, 09:52 PM   #3032
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

You did a good thing. Many find it too confronting.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #3033
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s definitely not “socially correct” but still funny. My father has been really odd this morning, either he’s had another TIO overnight or is working up to a seizure/collapse - but in a moment of plain English exasperation the Nepalese personal carer just now said “He’s gone nuts!”.
4 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2021, 11:28 PM   #3034
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Classic, love it. No filter needed.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-05-2021, 10:08 PM   #3035
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Reckon it needs to sit for a couple of days to clear the cloudiness,otherwise looks good
easier fix, get a 2nd Keg and filter from keg to keg.(all cloudiness gone)
I used to run 3 x 19l kegs through the same set up. (will fit in that fridge)
2 x beer. 1 x ginger beer

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/11340858...RoCUv0QAvD_BwE

Filtered back in 2009.

Last edited by Mont5.0; 05-05-2021 at 10:28 PM.
Mont5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2021, 11:43 PM   #3036
.:4:.
Kicking back

Got my hearing back. So not last friday, the friday before i ruptered me left ear drum. Its not the first time. I have industrial deafness already. But it really put me off ballance even though the constant ringing didnt go away. But its so much nicer to hear the world in sterio.
Also on monday i bought a better wood fired outdoor heater, or fire pit, and i like it alot.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2021, 09:52 AM   #3037
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Got my hearing back. So not last friday, the friday before i ruptered me left ear drum. Its not the first time. I have industrial deafness already. But it really put me off ballance even though the constant ringing didnt go away. But its so much nicer to hear the world in sterio.
Also on monday i bought a better wood fired outdoor heater, or fire pit, and i like it alot.
You been compensated for your ID ?... If not, get onto it!
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #3038
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
You been compensated for your ID ?... If not, get onto it!
Nah, the ears ringing business was never work related. Back as a teenager in the early 2000s my mates and I when we got cars would spent more on the systems in them then the cars actual value. So that was that. The last burst eardrum was not due to noise either. It was a solid knock to the head working under an au falcon. Dont ask me how that works, i dunno. Just a lapse in spacial awareness reaching for a ratchet past my reach and out of habbit sitting up to grab it. The car was on stands, but jackstands, or these ones only give you 460mm of space.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2021, 10:38 PM   #3039
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I fixed a gas heater, it was full of dust that was false triggering the filter blockage detector and needed blowing out/brushing/wiping. Actually, I fixed and run-tested it yesterday afternoon.

Today I returned and re-installed. Normally I’d wait until after Saturday but my friend - who owns the heater - is nursing her mother to the end; it’s now probably a matter of days and I wanted to be sure that she wouldn’t be left feeling cold.

What felt special, was this old lady, dying of renal failure, full of morphine, recognised and greeted me - and also thanked me. It felt like a benediction.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2021, 09:24 PM   #3040
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Rain and wet roads combined with an unladen povo spec Ranger.

I know its a bit antisocial but I couldn't help but laugh out loud at being just a little bit sideways exiting a roundabout today.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2021, 10:03 PM   #3041
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

The trick is to make it look accidental, then have a good laugh at everyone behind tiptoeing through the apparently greasy patch.
4 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2021, 11:38 PM   #3042
Kicking back

I was out with my kid this evening, and he is the only person ever to get excited about a base au xl ute. So he was telling me his uncles ute now sounds just like my car. So by that he means my brothers au. And so it should. It means my brother fitted the extractors he already had, and the cat and exhaust i bought him to the au i bought him a few months back. My bf just has a cat back, so the au should probably sound a bit better. The exhaust i bought for the au was from dandy exhaust, from face value it appears to be well made, came with gaskets and hardware. Wasnt expensive either. So its 2 mufflers 2.5' mandrel bent mild steel. The cat back on my car is also 2.5' mandrel bent mild steel but its got 2 hurricane mufflers. So not loud enough to make a slow car sound fast, but loud enough to not sound like a mouse's fart.
My kid still cannot get over the factory sticker on the side of the au that says supercab. He thinks its something special. It really isnt. My brother appreciates it as it utes good, as in you can chuck **** in the back.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2021, 05:09 PM   #3043
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Back home and having a beer...

Got some other stuff to share but will sit on it for now.

Have a good week.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2021, 05:24 PM   #3044
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

A few weeks back I got irritated with an avocado (Hass) seedling that had rooted through its pot, and ripped it loose from the ground. Five minutes later I was full of remorse, re-potted it with lots of goodies in a larger pot.

Still, the leaves dropped, the tip browned. It didn’t feel to be firming up in the pot. I sighed whenever I looked at it. Eventually I stopped regularly checking.

Today I was minding the cat while he excavated the garden and snapped one off. Looked over to the avocado, still the same. I scratched a small mark on the trunk, still vibrantly green underneath. Hmm… On looking harder at the bole, I observed new threadworm-sized root hairs gently feeling their way into the world.

Maybe it will come back. I hope!

3 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2021, 12:57 PM   #3045
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

The weather...

Not having Covid
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2021, 02:01 PM   #3046
Kicking back

I did the lower/under headlight intake doodle to my bf fairy a couple days back. I had the part, but had been sitting on my hands for a bit to do it. I had searched the forum and got good info, but was still on the fence as to whether i buy a different lower airbox incase i stuff it up. But i googled the youtubes, and the bloke from motoringbox has a video, he uses basic as tools but gives good measurements. So with a combo of info from here and there, i got it done in about 15 minutes. It took me longer to find a 5c coin to mark the radius for the corners then to actually do the job. So i used slightly different tools. And did a proper job. So what i used was, a metal ruler, 5c coin and a pencil to measure and mark. A drill and 20mm holesaw to radius the corners, took the blade out of my hacksaw for the straight cuts, and a stanly knife to de bur the plastic. Fits perfect. Looks like its meant to be there, not like a dodgy home job. I havent put enough kays on the car to notice a difference yet. Intake noise wise i wont as the car has an exhaust, but maybe it will do something for fuel economy, not that its that bad, but the other intake stuff the car has made minor improvements. Its no race car, nor will it ever but it still drives nice and sounds not terrible. Or atleast, 1000 times better then some other 6 cylinder cars out there.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2021, 04:03 PM   #3047
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It just fitted!
Old 15-05-2021, 05:34 PM   #3048
leesa

It didn't make me feel good so much as his expression just made me laugh.
Thanks for the pick-me-up, dude who had an 'oh ****' moment over what he'd just done.

https://i.imgur.com/WgEBVPz.mp4
Old 16-05-2021, 08:29 PM   #3049
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Vacuumed out the laundry/2nd bathroom ceilings and fitted a 3m long hanging beam. The most satisfying part was figuring out how to slide it in through the tile battens and rafters without wedging on anything inside the roof.
Old 16-05-2021, 10:07 PM   #3050
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Sydney Tools just opened in my area. Of course it would rude to not wander the isles and ogle all those shiny toys.

I wanted one of everything but I resisted..........this time.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2021, 10:35 PM   #3051
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Sydney Tools just opened in my area. Of course it would rude to not wander the isles and ogle all those shiny toys.

I wanted one of everything but I resisted..........this time.
Sydney tools is one of those places where you have to go in with the one thing you want to buy in mind. Otherwise you end up spending way too much.
Old 17-05-2021, 02:32 AM   #3052
marty351
Shenanigans..............

I see, Holden vs Ford. Red & Blue.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2021, 03:19 PM   #3053
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Had one of those “Eureka” moments where I was trying to conceptualise a roof design using just traditional timber carpentry but point loads were an issue. Realised I could insert a triangulated RHS steel frame in the scheme without intrusion and it solves the problem 100%.
Old 17-05-2021, 03:38 PM   #3054
Kicking back

My new header tank arrived this morning for my bf. Got it in with absolutely minimal loss of coolant. The only minor loss was pooring the coolant from the old tank into the new one, so splashage, so no need to top it up. The coolant was replaced not long ago. But the new clear header tank shows levels of green coolant, not like the old one that had surpassed being yellow and went brown. Regarless of clean green coolant, it looked either breen or borange from the outside of the tank. And it was a 5 minute job to bring up appearances to a place no one ever looks.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2021, 03:48 PM   #3055
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Past few days spotted transporters turning up at Winton. Thought I would stop off and watch some practicing on the way home from work today.

Historic Winton meet this weekend and Supercars the following.

The first frosts and fogs starting to creep in.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2021, 04:20 PM   #3056
Kicking back

Just because factory b series bits are still both readily available and still relatively cheap and i have the time. I did my spark plugs with the stock ones for the car, same part # as the book, and also new factory coil packs. Again, same part # as what was factory in the car. I did the plugs 1st as that was 2 days ago and the coils hadnt arrived, and even though the car had no detectable issues, it ran nicer. Noticably smoother and more rev happy. The old plugs were only 57k old, same genuine motorcrafts, and whilst the gaps were checked on install, and on removal no plugs looked discoloured, the front 3 were worn and the gaps were out. Rear 3 were ok, but i had new plugs. Checked the gaps as per the book, and they went in. Coils arrived today, they went in as they should, the old ones were the originals with 197k on them, still no issues but, so now theyre spares. And the car went from running good, to plugs and running noice, to coils and running noicer. Wherever possible i try use genuine parts, especially as theyre still available and the car is effectively stock, bar filters, a catback and the ford parts bin special intake. I also did a new header tank cap as the new header tank was astheically bought down by the 13 year old original one, and a new washer bottle cap as again, it was just old. As much as i dislike working on cars, I'm of the opinion of if its not specialised tools required, or need specialised training, i do it myself. Also if there is a noticable, regardless of how small, difference, theres a bit of self satisfaction in that. The main unperformance thing ive done to my car is after a few sets of they all do that and i did them all not long after install, was warping stock style brake disks. The dba t2's have held up well.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2021, 09:50 PM   #3057
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Beautiful sunny day, perfect for a drive.
Pulled the covers off the XC and had a nice drive to Hillarys boat harbour and sat on the rear deck of my yacht sipping a latte (oh well, one power ball and I will be).

And to the two young blokes in the LS powered SS Commodore that I had a short run with, don't go bragging too much to your mates about how you blew off a 351.
Poor old girl is no GT, just a simple NA 2V that's pretty tired, but it was a bit of fun and got a couple of hang loose waves from them.
Old 23-05-2021, 12:30 PM   #3058
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

My former cousin-in-law (if there is such a term) reckons new uPVC traps aren’t very good in direct light. I took his advice on board; plastic primer and then a triple coat of red oxide spray, after presassembly. Once dry, fitted. Came out looking neater than expected!

Shame about the bomb crater sized penetration the last chap left me to fill.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2021, 03:44 PM   #3059
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
My former cousin-in-law (if there is such a term) reckons new uPVC traps aren’t very good in direct light. I took his advice on board; plastic primer and then a triple coat of red oxide spray, after presassembly. Once dry, fitted. Came out looking neater than expected!

Shame about the bomb crater sized penetration the last chap left me to fill.
Love seeing those solar array PVC boxes left out in exposed positions on a roof. Accident waiting to happen imo. The crap lasts like the plastic motorhome and caravan roof fittings manufacturers like using to save a buck.

Good work on the pipe, does look a bit busy.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2021, 04:07 PM   #3060
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Bloke in the next flat combined his stacks, if it blocks at the bottom he would end up flushing his toilet into the shower/floor waste.

A lot of older stuff in this area had grey water (sink, laundry tub, bath) discharging into the street stormwater, not all houses have been redirected; young lovebirds up the street put an extra loo in their laundry and it emptied into the drain outside my house.