Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
fokker
Starter Motor

Default Hello

Hi,After owning an eb v8 a few years ago then switching to riceburners I have always missed my sturdy 5 ltr chariot which caused me next to no problems as opposed to foreign .
Anyhow after being in a mates series 1 forte I thought to myself"This is what I should be buying!"A big,no mess,no fuss,no frills modern(ish) aussie falcon,ugly as it is.but...with a 5 ltr(as underpowered as they are)
After a quick search on carsales I was able to locate a series 1 forte 5.0 with 170k on the clock which the dealer wants 7990 for(on gas also)
Is this a reasonable amount hes asking?I was thinking of doing a trade in with a 900 dollar magna I have and 5 grand cash if he accepts.What do u think?
Will the gas/petrol setup cause me any concerns if i decide to mod it?
(exhaust,manifold maybe a ken bell supercharger)
Its a good starting(or finishing) point as its just what I want no electric windows a sparse interior no frills just a great everyday v8 cruiser.
If I buy it ,it sure will be good to be back!Cheers!

fokker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

$8k will buy you a series 2/3 entry level falcon these days... and in theory, the V8's should actually be cheaper, as more people are dumping them in favour for 4/6 cyl cars... I think you have some room to haggle... best of luck, and welcome to AFF.
Old 24-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
fordon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the AU world buddie :-)

Sounds all right and sounds like everything you want in a car.

$5900 sounds good,no harm in trying:-)
That's the ball point figer what its worth,i would say anyhow.
fordon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

yeah as blueprint said, i picked up a series II V8 for 8 grand, its a fairmont and had 10 months rego.
Old 24-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah you would be able to find a better series 1 with lower km's for less. As everyone else has said at 8 grand for a base car with a 5 litre, you'll be able to get a series 2/3. I'd suggest looking more and going for the later series, much better car in every way. Especially looks! Take your time looking around and it will work out much better in the end for you.
Old 25-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
fokker
Starter Motor

Default well he wont come down

Bastards!I took my crappy magna and they said theyll gimme 500 for it brining the price down to7490!
He wont take less..I tried and tried believe me...Its a nice car..But I agree theyre asking too much..Its sat there for 6 mnths so far I thought theyd be glad to move it!boyyy was I wrong!
So your truly suggests finance...waiting on approval.....so 500 deposit 500 for the bunky....that leaves me with a loan for 6990 which means he hasnt taken anthing off the price at all!
Mind u...i get to keep my 6 grand cash!!hehe....supercharger???should maybe almost cover it!(powerdyne or kenne bell)
Anyway I dont think Ill get approved due to credit cards not paid 5 yrs ago so,,......whats everyones two cents?Still waiting to join the team!!!!!
Old 25-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gday to help you out in your search have a look at my au2 ghia for sale now for around the same money and it only has 71000ks.

Click on the link bellow
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
fokker
Starter Motor

Default very nice car

extremely nice however I dont have that much cash and Im deinately looking for a 5 ltr but cheers anyway you shouldnt have any problems in getting what you want..a ghia!too!
Old 25-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #9
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fokker
Bastards!I took my crappy magna and they said theyll gimme 500 for it brining the price down to7490!
He wont take less..I tried and tried believe me...Its a nice car..But I agree theyre asking too much..Its sat there for 6 mnths so far I thought theyd be glad to move it!boyyy was I wrong!
So your truly suggests finance...waiting on approval.....so 500 deposit 500 for the bunky....that leaves me with a loan for 6990 which means he hasnt taken anthing off the price at all!
Mind u...i get to keep my 6 grand cash!!hehe....supercharger???should maybe almost cover it!(powerdyne or kenne bell)
Anyway I dont think Ill get approved due to credit cards not paid 5 yrs ago so,,......whats everyones two cents?Still waiting to join the team!!!!!
Finance.... EEEWWWW!! 2 major suggestions...

1. Get all the warranties and guantee's under the sun with the sale
2. Pay the whole car off before any modifcations

Or the best bit of advice is to simply walk away and not try sucking up the rip off mechants... save your cash for a cheaper and better car.
Old 25-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #10
fokker
Starter Motor

Default now Im hoping

That the finance falls through!damn! I hate being so hasty,Its not easy being me!not easy at all...
I just got offered a 1970 holden(i know i know!)HT premier with a 308(chrome goodies)and trimatic(not original)for 6.5 damn!that would be an investment too!
I dunno if thios loan gets approved then I sorta have to do it as have put down a deposit..It IS a nice car though..low ks on dual uel,drives super smooth(not loud enough..yet)Sits on pedders lowered suspension and 17 inch csa's hmmmm would lower it more though(doesnt everyone>??)
Nice paint and overall conition didnt see 1 dent(a few scratches however)
Ill be happy with it!gets rid of that oil burning magna too!
Old 25-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #11
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by fokker
I just got offered a 1970 holden(i know i know!)HT premier with a 308(chrome goodies)and trimatic(not original)for 6.5 damn!that would be an investment too!
hate to tell you... they still will never be an "investment"... they arent worth much and never will be...
Old 26-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #12
fokker
Starter Motor

Default restored versions

are going for 15-20k