Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Macgyver & Alby Mangles - the new MOVIES!

Well Im, a MASSIVE fan of adventure/survivor man flicks such as Alby Mangles, Mike & Mal Leyland, Jack Absolom, Malcolm Douglas, Bush Tucker Man , Wild Man (Bear Grills), and of course Macgyver. I know, I know, he's not real.

So not only are they going to make an Alby Mangles movie but also a Macgyver Movie!!
And get this! the new Macgyver -Which will not not Richard Dean Anderson, wont have a Swiss Army Knife.......but a Leatherman! ARRIGHT! (as Mac' would say)

Quote:
ALby Mangles Movie.
A deal has been struck with Alby Mangels based on Lynn Santer’s authorized biography to prepare a major feature movie screenplay with veteran Hollywood producer, Paul Mason.
Quote:
MTV.com by Elisabeth Rappe - Macgyver Movie.
Earlier this year, we brought you the news that The A-Team was reforming on the big screen courtesy of Ridley Scott and Joe Carnahan. Now they've got some '80s competition -- and considering how deadly he is with a toothpick and some bubble gum, they better watch out. Yes, that's right: We're getting MacGyver, the Movie.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, New Line is developing the television series into a feature film, with an eye to turning it into a "global franchise." It's being put together by the De Laurentiis family and the series original creator, Lee Zlotoff. They're currently looking for a writer who can honor the character's place in pop culture while still making a solid adventure movie.

For those who know the pop culture reference, but not the character, here's a little bio: MacGyver was a secret agent for the U.S. government and something called the Phoenix Foundation. He's laid back, highly intelligent and a bit of a pacifist, preferring to avoid violence when possible. He didn't even carry a gun, only a Swiss army knife and duct tape. Each episode was always built around some fantastic device MacGyver created out of common items to get himself out of a jam. No one can build more things out of paper clips, bubblegum and his ever-present duct tape than MacGyver.
Macgyvers creator explains how he came about.

Most of you dont give a stuff im sure, but I thought id share this with you all.

Click here to see my ute

Last edited by fordOwner; 29-12-2009 at 12:41 AM.
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #2
rusty 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i could watch malcolm douglas documentarys all day, hes a legend

dont usually watch much tv but they ran all his shows a while back on one of the hd channels, good stuff
rusty 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Macguver, Leyland's World and Malcome Douglas are back on 7two on weekends. Saturdays I think.
I hate TV but when these survival guys are on im glued.

And how can I forgett to mention the Bush Mechanics!

Click here to see my ute
Old 29-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
BHDOGS
Banned

dam hollywood has run out of ideas
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #5
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I always get a laugh out of the "McGyver does not use or need a gun" myth.

In the first episode of the first series he shoots several guards with an AK47 while rescuing a POW.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
SVD

HELLS YEAH!!!
This thread was made awesome because MacGyver managed to rig up an awesome generator with a hair comb two burnt out matches and an old sweat sock!!!
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #7
vik351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
Well Im, a MASSIVE fan of adventure/survivor man flicks such as Alby Mangles, Mike & Mal Leyland, Jack Absolom, Malcolm Douglas, Bush Tucker Man , Wild Man (Bear Grills), and of course Macgyver. I know, I know, he's not real.

So not only are they going to make an Alby Mangles movie but also a Macgyver Movie!!
And get this! the new Macgyver -Which will not not Richard Dean Anderson, wont have a Swiss Army Knife.......but a Leatherman! ARRIGHT! (as Mac' would say)

Macgyvers creator explains how he came about.

Most of you dont give a stuff im sure, but I thought id share this with you all.

Wild Man (Bear Grills),

I watched last weeks show after Top Gear...

Alby Mangles was a stick choker (Only watched it cos of Sam...Well maybe Judy Green)

But Edward "Bear" Grylls takes the cake

Talk about make a mountain out of a mole hill... !!!

Couldn't watch another one...

vik...

: : :
vik351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

falppist - your right!! he does blow away those army guys with an ak47! HUH! I think that was the Pilot episode too.
made me laugh when he scared away some hit men with pistols with just a comb and tin foil, he blew into them to make a police car siren that ended up making them run off thinking the cops are coming.

Click here to see my ute