Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post AU1 Fairmont wheels

I have AU1 Fairmont wheels on my forte, they came on it when i braught the car! They have a black thing that stops you seeing right throught to the otherside and i've seen the wheels just like mine with them off! How do they come off and do they come off?

Here's a picture just in case you dont know what im talking about!

Cheers Simon :

OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

"dust cover".

Just take off the wheel and they are just sitting on the wheel studs. Remove and frisbee at will.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #3
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Dust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
"dust cover".

Just take off the wheel and they are just sitting on the wheel studs. Remove and frisbee at will.
Thank's Casper, will dust get in? And if so will there be any damage?

Cheers Simon
Old 21-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
mattsAU1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
Thank's Casper, will dust get in? And if so will there be any damage?

Cheers Simon
dust covers i think r there to stop the brake powder dust gettin out onto ur rims, u know how u see Ford owners gettin round with nice shiny back wheels but the front ones r almost black, that s the dust the covers are on ur rims for, but for sure, if ur willing to get all black cleaning them every week or so take em off or change ur pads to bendix ones, not as much dust,
mattsAU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #5
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsAU1
dust covers i think r there to stop the brake powder dust gettin out onto ur rims, u know how u see Ford owners gettin round with nice shiny back wheels but the front ones r almost black, that s the dust the covers are on ur rims for, but for sure, if ur willing to get all black cleaning them every week or so take em off or change ur pads to bendix ones, not as much dust,
LOL they are already black anyway! Prob from my driving lol! I'll prob take them off anyway! Im fussy i'll wash the car lol!

Cheers

Simon
Old 21-02-2006, 10:13 PM   #6
2fishingdogs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have the same wheels on ny Fairmont wagon and about a year ago took the cover off, I had continual problems with the rotors warping it was suggested that I get them off, Not a problem since so get them off ( it looks better IMO)
2fishingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #7
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishingdogs
I have the same wheels on ny Fairmont wagon and about a year ago took the cover off, I had continual problems with the rotors warping it was suggested that I get them off, Not a problem since so get them off ( it looks better IMO)
Thank's will do then! How did u take them off?

Cheers

Simon
Old 21-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
2fishingdogs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine where pressed in, so the only way I could get them off was getting a bit of rod or dowlling and hit it with a mallet, First take the wheel off and place good side up, then with the dowlling and mallet tapped thru the holes in the alloy and worked around till it came out. Hope this helps OZFORDAU
2fishingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #9
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Thank's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishingdogs
Mine where pressed in, so the only way I could get them off was getting a bit of rod or dowlling and hit it with a mallet, First take the wheel off and place good side up, then with the dowlling and mallet tapped thru the holes in the alloy and worked around till it came out. Hope this helps OZFORDAU
Thank's 2fishingdogs,

Is that all there is too it?

Cheers

Simon
Old 22-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #10
The Monty
Just slidin'

I had those on my fairmont (duh) and I changed from them to BA XR 17's and Ive had no probs. I dont get much dust either.