Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
axelmasok
Starter Motor

Default Focus Pre LS Ethanol E10

Hi everyone,

Many owners are probably aware of the following:

The following models may not operate satisfactorily on E10 fuel because of drivability concerns: Focus (2002 - 2004)

I was in Sydney last weekend and noticed many servos where only pumping 91 Unleaded + Ethanol instead of just 91 Unleaded. I filled up and noticed no ill effects for the next 6 hrs driving.

Does anyone know what the real issues or risks are with this model focus? Is it fuel lines, o-rings, fuel pump, valves/seats?? I mean, "drivability concerns" I didn't find with our focus. If that's the only problem then I should be fine to use E10 when we have to.
If we are looking at breaking down on the side of the road or thousands $$ in repairs then I would like to know.

The grand plan when 91 Unleaded is unavailable is to run premium around town and E10 for highway running as I'd rather not leave E10 for long in the tank.

If anyone has been running E10 solid in 97-04 Focus for a few years I'd like to know as that would give me at least a starting point for when I need to sell this one

axelmasok is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Default Re: Focus Pre LS Ethanol E10

My wife has a 2002 LX 2.0L Focus and has been using E10 since it has come out.
We haven't had any problems with the car. Still runs and sounds like it's normal. I'm sure, if you look at the E10 guide, these Focus are only rated at E5% mix so in reality you prob shouldn't be running it however if your only going to use it on the freeway, and inbetween fills with Premium, i don't think you'll have any issues at all.
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
axelmasok
Starter Motor

Default Re: Focus Pre LS Ethanol E10

Thanks for the reply. I guess that's real life testing right there. I'll put the plan into action then without hesitation. Cheers!
axelmasok is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post