Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-10-2022, 10:06 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Vfacts september 2022

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...-hits-new-high

TOP 10 BRANDS -
Toyota 14,852 -26.5%
Kia 7290 41.4%
Mazda 7259 10.7%
Mitsubishi 6784 47.3%
Ford 6635 15.2%
Hyundai 6501 19.1%
Tesla 5969 NA
Volkswagen 3698 -2.5%
MG 3261 8.3%
Subaru 3167 3.4%

TOP 10 MODELS -

Toyota HiLux – 5170
Ford Ranger – 4890
Tesla Model Y – 4359
Mazda CX-5 – 2439
Mitsubishi Triton – 2319
Isuzu D-Max – 1924
Mitsubishi Outlander – 1879
Toyota RAV4 – 1856
Kia Sportage – 1775
Hyundai i30 – 1733
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2022, 10:08 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Vfacts september 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...-hits-new-high

TOP 10 BRANDS -
Toyota 14,852 -26.5%
Kia 7290 41.4%
Mazda 7259 10.7%
Mitsubishi 6784 47.3%
Ford 6635 15.2%
Hyundai 6501 19.1%
Tesla 5969 NA
Volkswagen 3698 -2.5%
MG 3261 8.3%
Subaru 3167 3.4%

TOP 10 MODELS -

Toyota HiLux – 5170
Ford Ranger – 4890
Tesla Model Y – 4359
Mazda CX-5 – 2439
Mitsubishi Triton – 2319
Isuzu D-Max – 1924
Mitsubishi Outlander – 1879
Toyota RAV4 – 1856
Kia Sportage – 1775
Hyundai i30 – 1733
Scores a top 3 place and hasn't it just been released in our market?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2022, 10:20 PM   #3
vbomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Scores a top 3 place and hasn't it just been released in our market?
They started getting delivered back in August I believe
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-10-2022, 10:34 PM   #4
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Strong buyer response to the Y, Tesla knows that it’s the main product they have to supply.
Will be interesting to see if this is the new monthly level or a spillover of August deliveries.

Good strong month for Ranger, anyone have Everest sales numbers please?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2022, 01:20 AM   #5
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Strong buyer response to the Y, Tesla knows that it’s the main product they have to supply.
Will be interesting to see if this is the new monthly level or a spillover of August deliveries.

Will be some spillover but plenty still coming. I called it 5-6 months ago. Plenty coming and they'll keep coming with the order books as full as they are. This is without the hero version and Long Range version here yet too. Be interesting once they get through the order book which should be circa May/June 2023. The Long Range version should find a lot of homes for people with range anxiety. Funny how no one wants an electric car.

Everest sales would be tiny with the delay in the launch. This month should give us a better idea.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2022, 07:21 AM   #6
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

807, up from 417 in August.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:35 AM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Will be some spillover but plenty still coming. I called it 5-6 months ago. Plenty coming and they'll keep coming with the order books as full as they are. This is without the hero version and Long Range version here yet too. Be interesting once they get through the order book which should be circa May/June 2023. The Long Range version should find a lot of homes for people with range anxiety. Funny how no one wants an electric car.

Everest sales would be tiny with the delay in the launch. This month should give us a better idea.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
So in roughly 18 months, Tesla has gone from insignificant sales to roughly 6% of new vehicle sales,
any idea if wait times have come down significantly?
Tesla’s sales strength is independent of fuel prices but not immune to a weaker Aussie dollar,
plenty of orders still to be filled so we should have more data over then next couple of months…

I see that Everest sales were just over 800 (thanks hackney) so another promising month,
now if only Ford could fully uncork production……

Last edited by jpd80; 06-10-2022 at 07:41 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 08:20 AM   #8
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ranger comfortably ahead in 4x4 segment.

4Χ4 Utes: Ford Ranger (4381), Toyota HiLux (3544), Mitsubishi Triton (2029)
Old 06-10-2022, 08:47 AM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Tesla Model Y comes in, new entrant to market, takes 3rd position on VFacts,

Lets see how long it takes other car manufacturers to stop ignoring the AUS/NZ market and start offering their products in our market - Tesla has beat them all being first to market here and is building loyal customers who are making the change with their first EV, means their next one they're likely to buy Tesla again.

By the time the others react they'll be fighting for a smaller market share amongst themselves because they move so slow.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 09:15 AM   #10
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 351 View Post
Ranger comfortably ahead in 4x4 segment.

4Χ4 Utes: Ford Ranger (4381), Toyota HiLux (3544), Mitsubishi Triton (2029)
Ranger figures will only get better once Ford get on top of supply issues.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:52 AM   #11
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One to mull while I eat my egg & bacon roll...I wonder if a Ranger Lightning was on sale today and both diesels and BEV versions were totally freely available off the floor without delay what the split would be? And what if the BEV was say under $5000 more expensive.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2022, 12:31 PM   #12
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
One to mull while I eat my egg & bacon roll...I wonder if a Ranger Lightning was on sale today and both diesels and BEV versions were totally freely available off the floor without delay what the split would be? And what if the BEV was say under $5000 more expensive.
Nope. I saw Hoovies Garage (Youtube) tow test of the F150 lightning, and it was pretty underwhelming. I think there's still some question marks over EVs in some real world usage scenarios like towing.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2022, 02:09 PM   #13
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
So in roughly 18 months, Tesla has gone from insignificant sales to roughly 6% of new vehicle sales,
any idea if wait times have come down significantly?
Tesla’s sales strength is independent of fuel prices but not immune to a weaker Aussie dollar,
plenty of orders still to be filled so we should have more data over then next couple of months…

I see that Everest sales were just over 800 (thanks hackney) so another promising month,
now if only Ford could fully uncork production……
The biggest changes were price reductions and fuel price scaring the crap out of people. The Model S and X were $140k+ options. Now, with Model 3 and Y, we have options in the low 60's to low 70's. That much more attainable. Model 3 was "slow" as we know Australians love SUVs but for a few months, before our dollar tanked, you could get a Model 3 for under $60k driveaway.

We can add greedy dealers and huge price markups to the list of reasons Tesla numbers have gone berserk. Fixed Dealer delivery ($1350), no markups, everyone pays the same price, no servicing. Whats not to like about their model.

Y has been a runaway success. Tesla had initially kept production numbers in line with Model 3 data. Problem was, Model Y orders went crazy! So there were some internal negotiations with Tesla to supply Australia with some meaningful numbers. My Model Y was slated for Jan initially and then was moved to November. I picked it up in September. I knew they were increasing allocation to us but even I didn't expect such a dramatic increase in supply. Orders are going gangbusters still.

Finally, its about what you're getting for your money. A XC40 Recharge is much much smaller than a Model Y, has less features and is based on an ICE platform (has the ugly transmission tunnel), and costs MORE than a Y! Same with the EQA, Audi... They cost more, less range, less infrastructure and many still require yearly servicing to appease their dealer network.

Tesla simple have the best product and a price point none of the competition can touch. *I won't consider the MG competition here.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #14
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Nope. I saw Hoovies Garage (Youtube) tow test of the F150 lightning, and it was pretty underwhelming. I think there's still some question marks over EVs in some real world usage scenarios like towing.
I'd say most Rangers I see don't tow. If Ranger was offered in a EV version, I can tell you there are thousands of Cybertruck deposit holders who would jump. So many I know are just waiting for a viable EV option to hit the market in that segment.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:13 PM   #15
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Quote:
If they market the BEV at certain city dewellers, they make take sales from the 4x4's that never see dirt, with a bigger boot!
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2022, 02:16 PM   #16
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya View Post
If they market the BEV at certain city dewellers, they make take sales from the 4x4's that never see dirt, with a bigger boot!
I want a 4x4 version with locking diffs as a BEV. I don't tow much anymore but would love to go offroad in an EV. No noisy overheating diesel turd. Number of times my Everest went into limp mode on simple sand conditions was terrible.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 02:36 PM   #17
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I'd say most Rangers I see don't tow. If Ranger was offered in a EV version, I can tell you there are thousands of Cybertruck deposit holders who would jump. So many I know are just waiting for a viable EV option to hit the market in that segment.
There's an EV LDV T60 on its way

Quote:
2023 LDV eT60 electric ute coming soon to Australia, here’s what to expect

Although it has the appearance of a four-wheel-drive, the LDV eT60 is rear-wheel-drive only for now.

It has a 130kW/310Nm electric motor powered by an 88.6kWh battery pack.

While this battery pack is large by passenger-car standards, the extra weight and capability of the ute (which tips the scales at 2300kg) means driving range is blunted compared to smaller and lighter electric vehicles with a similar energy capacity.
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-l...hat-to-expect/

Old 06-10-2022, 02:46 PM   #18
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
ICE would be still far more popular but having a BEV would get Ford the foot in the EV door in AU.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:19 PM   #19
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
I think Ranger, as a brand, would sell better than LDV. I think people are still brand snobs (myself included) away from LDV. I'd buy a Ranger version. Don't think I'd buy a LDV personally. And its RWD only. No locking diffs or 4x4.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 03:32 PM   #20
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

If Ford can secure more Ranger & Everest supply they will make it to number 2. I however can't see them securing much more then they are now.

My Raptor lands tomorrow, after a lot of consideration I ended up buying one sigh..... Had ordered one last year then went the Ram, bought a Ranger Sport bi turbo as my daily and couldn't suffer it, had the opportunity last week to take a cancelled Raptor and jumped (haven't driven one or anything).
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 03:55 PM   #21
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I think Ranger, as a brand, would sell better than LDV. I think people are still brand snobs (myself included) away from LDV. I'd buy a Ranger version. Don't think I'd buy a LDV personally. And its RWD only. No locking diffs or 4x4.
Agree, but you actually have to make it and bring it to market in a reasonable time frame, everyone else keeps beating Ford to the punch.

Whether its that SUV EV 'Mustang' thing not being offered here so Tesla gets in first with the Model Y, RAM/GM partnership with HSV on the conversions on the American utes, Ford is always at the back of the pack giving up market share.
5 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 04:23 PM   #22
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
If Ford can secure more Ranger & Everest supply they will make it to number 2. I however can't see them securing much more then they are now.

My Raptor lands tomorrow, after a lot of consideration I ended up buying one sigh..... Had ordered one last year then went the Ram, bought a Ranger Sport bi turbo as my daily and couldn't suffer it, had the opportunity last week to take a cancelled Raptor and jumped (haven't driven one or anything).
Did you end up with a V6D Ranger at some stage? I thought I read that somewhere... If so, your thoughts on it? I keep hearing its not really that much quicker then the bi-turbo and the economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
Mate, whoever comes out in Australia first with a viable 4x4 ute EV will bloody kill it. As you say, there would be a heap of Cybertruck customers that would jump ship as who the hell knows when electric jesus will get that on the road over here...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2022, 05:07 PM   #23
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Agree, but you actually have to make it and bring it to market in a reasonable time frame, everyone else keeps beating Ford to the punch.

Whether its that SUV EV 'Mustang' thing not being offered here so Tesla gets in first with the Model Y, RAM/GM partnership with HSV on the conversions on the American utes, Ford is always at the back of the pack giving up market share.
I can think of a handful of times Ford were first to market but too late in the piece at the same time. Miami was great but the rest of the car didn't get any coin due to the engine investment. EcoBoost Falcon was great but late as was the EcoLpi.

Mustang was early to the market compared to Chev and is about the only time I cant think of Ford getting in early.

Speaking of RAM, they are doubling output to fulfill orders that would otherwise go to Ford apparently. The factory backed option has them concerned but the opportunity there is if Ford don't have enough supply, RAM will be ready to give those customers a similar car. Personally, I think they announced the F150 too early given there has been so little information since.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 05:18 PM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Did you end up with a V6D Ranger at some stage? I thought I read that somewhere... If so, your thoughts on it? I keep hearing its not really that much quicker then the bi-turbo and the economy?

Mate, whoever comes out in Australia first with a viable 4x4 ute EV will bloody kill it. As you say, there would be a heap of Cybertruck customers that would jump ship as who the hell knows when electric jesus will get that on the road over here...

Hi mate,

Yes i bought my dad a V6 Wildtrak and we love it. Which is why i hated the bi Turbo so much.... I would have bought another Wildtrak but they laughed at me and I'm not one to wait so thought I'd just go full tilt and buy the Raptor.

There is no comparison between the Bi turbo and V6D. Anyone who says the Bi turbo isn't far behind is just trying to justify their purchase.

Economy-wise from 3,000 kms in both it was 1.5 - 2 per hundred different. Hard to say tho because we both have different driving styles and both tended to give the V6 some curry. Its just such a smooth torquey setup. It may not be much faster but it makes it up for it in smoothness.
4 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 05:28 PM   #25
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi mate,

Yes i bought my dad a V6 Wildtrak and we love it. Which is why i hated the bi Turbo so much.... I would have bought another Wildtrak but they laughed at me and I'm not one to wait so thought I'd just go full tilt and buy the Raptor.

There is no comparison between the Bi turbo and V6D. Anyone who says the Bi turbo isn't far behind is just trying to justify their purchase.

Economy-wise from 3,000 kms in both it was 1.5 - 2 per hundred different. Hard to say tho because we both have different driving styles and both tended to give the V6 some curry. Its just such a smooth torquey setup. It may not be much faster but it makes it up for it in smoothness.
Cheers for that... I've obviously driven the V6D and thought it was awesome, but apart from a very short (less than 1km) drive ive not driven the bi-turbo... My Wildtrak is still incoming (apparently November now..) but the dealer has the same thing Ive ordered (Sedona Orange) but in Bi-Turbo, and have had for a few weeks, and have offered it to me at a very decent price as it hasn't sold yet (it was the dealer giving me the spiel about the bi-turbo). I was tempted but your comments have cemented my choice. I'll just wait for mine...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2022, 05:32 PM   #26
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can think of a handful of times Ford were first to market but too late in the piece at the same time. Miami was great but the rest of the car didn't get any coin due to the engine investment. EcoBoost Falcon was great but late as was the EcoLpi.

Mustang was early to the market compared to Chev and is about the only time I cant think of Ford getting in early.

Speaking of RAM, they are doubling output to fulfill orders that would otherwise go to Ford apparently. The factory backed option has them concerned but the opportunity there is if Ford don't have enough supply, RAM will be ready to give those customers a similar car. Personally, I think they announced the F150 too early given there has been so little information since.

ASV seem to have Ram down pat now, its taken them a long time but to be honest the quality is OEM. It will be interesting to see how many cars Ford produce each year. I really cannot fault my 1500 Laramie. I did have some issues with the uconnect system when it was new but once updated and reset its been perfect and hasn't missed a beat. The F150 will need to be very good to get me to change.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 05:34 PM   #27
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Cheers for that... I've obviously driven the V6D and thought it was awesome, but apart from a very short (less than 1km) drive ive not driven the bi-turbo... My Wildtrak is still incoming (apparently November now..) but the dealer has the same thing Ive ordered (Sedona Orange) but in Bi-Turbo, and have had for a few weeks, and have offered it to me at a very decent price as it hasn't sold yet (it was the dealer giving me the spiel about the bi-turbo). I was tempted but your comments have cemented my choice. I'll just wait for mine...

Well it cost me about 5 - 6 k to dump the bi turbo sport I had so yeah, I personally wouldn't touch another Bi turbo unless it was a commercial work ute. There is simply no comparison. At a minimum i should have just bought an XLT V6 as i could get one at the time back in July.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 05:42 PM   #28
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
ASV seem to have Ram down pat now, its taken them a long time but to be honest the quality is OEM. It will be interesting to see how many cars Ford produce each year. I really cannot fault my 1500 Laramie. I did have some issues with the uconnect system when it was new but once updated and reset its been perfect and hasn't missed a beat. The F150 will need to be very good to get me to change.
If you ever get a chance to view their production facility its pretty impressive, they were an absolute game changer for the conversion/compliance game, smashed everyone else out of the park quality wise and they got the timing down massively compared to the other cowboys in the industry.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 06:45 PM   #29
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Ford Numbers -

Ford EcoSport – 0
Ford Endura – 0
Ford Escape – 231
Ford Everest – 801
Ford Fiesta – 7
Ford Focus – 3
Ford Mondeo – 0
Ford Mustang – 237
Ford Puma – 132
Ford Ranger 4x2 – 509
Ford Ranger 4x4 – 4381
Ford Transit Bus – 0
Ford Transit Custom – 322
Ford Transit Heavy – 12
Ford Total – 6635
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2022, 06:46 PM   #30
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

These numbers break my heart, these cars are far better than that -

Jaguar
Jaguar E-Pace 23
Jaguar F-Pace 27
Jaguar F-Type 6
Jaguar I-Pace 0
Jaguar XE 1
Jaguar XF 1
Jaguar XJ Series 0
Jaguar Total 58
Mustang GT