Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #91
alokin123

Default Re: 2012 Thai Built Focus

OK, i have been communicating with a Ford dealer via email and he just told me Focus Sport's have been allocated which are on the boat from Germany. The next batch will be coming from Thailand. Should i be worried? I havent ordered yet, but may potentially be tomorrow.

Would this be the case for all dealers? When i got my quote the salesperson said Ford sends cars on a boat and the dealership places orders as to whats left on the boat.
alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #92
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokin123
OK, i have been communicating with a Ford dealer via email and he just told me Focus Sport's have been allocated which are on the boat from Germany. The next batch will be coming from Thailand. Should i be worried? I havent ordered yet, but may potentially be tomorrow.

Would this be the case for all dealers? When i got my quote the salesperson said Ford sends cars on a boat and the dealership places orders as to whats left on the boat.
Hey matey. The general consensus is the car should be built pretty well, if not equal to the German spec models. Keep in mind much of what is built is done via robots these days. However, without seeing what the factory is producing, it’s difficult to assess. Have a look at the link below for a few Sport models that dealers are still selling! My suggestion is to actually wait for the Thai-Built model; it comes with a rear view camera, Ford SYNC, and so much more goodies. The new wheels also look much easier4 to clean haha. Though there won’t be a Sport Sedan anymore. Good luck

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...1714&keywords=
Old 25-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #93
alokin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Hey matey. The general consensus is the car should be built pretty well, if not equal to the German spec models. Keep in mind much of what is built is done via robots these days. However, without seeing what the factory is producing, it’s difficult to assess. Have a look at the link below for a few Sport models that dealers are still selling! My suggestion is to actually wait for the Thai-Built model; it comes with a rear view camera, Ford SYNC, and so much more goodies. The new wheels also look much easier4 to clean haha. Though there won’t be a Sport Sedan anymore. Good luck

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...1714&keywords=
Yeah i am liking some of the extra features on the Thai version although the rear paking sensors apparently arent available on the sport until Q4 this year according to the memo on the previous page.

Interesting how on the carpoint website all of the sales people are saying "Last of the German Built Focus Sports". I wonder if they are trying to imply its a good thing or a bad thing.
Old 25-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #94
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokin123
Yeah i am liking some of the extra features on the Thai version although the rear paking sensors apparently arent available on the sport until Q4 this year according to the memo on the previous page.

Interesting how on the carpoint website all of the sales people are saying "Last of the German Built Focus Sports". I wonder if they are trying to imply its a good thing or a bad thing.
Seems like a very odd omission considering the Titanium model will get them from day one, but the car will feature a rear parking camera, so I think that will balance it out until the sensors come on board. My dealer pulled the same line on me about the German-Built Focus, however I’m sure as soon as the Thai-Built model comes here, they’ll praise it continuingly. It’d just be a push to get rid of older stock so they can have fresh stock from Thailand with more specifications, plus sales are figures and figures are money!

Personally, I’d wait, but the choice is up to you!
Old 30-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #95
unida767

Focus Specifications are updated on the Ford website. I can't see mention of DRL's.
SYNC is listed in all its glory. And the reverse camera
http://www.ford.com.au/cars/focus/sp...s/spec-options
Old 30-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #96
alokin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by unida767
Focus Specifications are updated on the Ford website. I can't see mention of DRL's.
SYNC is listed in all its glory. And the reverse camera
http://www.ford.com.au/cars/focus/sp...s/spec-options
is it me or has the hatch gained 20cm in Overall length?
Old 30-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #97
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see a new blue colour, Winning Blue, but a few choices missing: Mustard Yellow, Ink Blue and (Moondust?) silver. Given how many people like silver cars, it seems a surprising omission.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #98
ruralone
Starter Motor

Had been looking at new Focus sport in Silver - looks like I have missed the boat (German) - hopefully
Australia will get it the rest of the world will http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/r...2013_Focus.pdf
Its called "Ingot Silver"
ruralone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #99
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralone
Its called "Ingot Silver"
Yup. We definitly get Ignot Silver, not sure why it's not showing up though

The report I got seems to be pretty accurate so far.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #100
ruralone
Starter Motor

Thanks for that Danny - now we just need to wait until the new models land
ruralone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #101
C0ncrete

Can't wait! Wife woke up on Saturday morning and said "lets buy a new car"

Had to hold myself back knowing the new one is around the corner. Will buy one as soon as they land
C0ncrete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #102
PeGeCo
Starter Motor

Not happy Ford...why did you remove the heated seats and daytime running lamps from the Focus Titanium?

I need to replace my Mondeo Titanium in February next year and had almost settled on a Focus Titanium as it can be ordered with my favourite feature from my Mondeo - ie adaptive cruise control. But now I will lose my heated front seats (which are surprisingly useful in winter), and not get daytime running lamps (which I really wanted and can be found on many Korean small cars now). Why replace daytime running lamps with LED parking lamps (which are next to useless)?

And Ford Sync doesn't make up for it because it doesn't give me anything that my Mondeo and current phone don't already provide.

And why don't we get blind spot warning? The Thai Focus has it. And only 4way power driver's seat...come on Ford, why does owning a the new Focus have to be such an experience in compromise?

So now it's off to look at other cars with adaptive cruise control...
PeGeCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #103
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0ncrete
Can't wait! Wife woke up on Saturday morning and said "lets buy a new car"

Had to hold myself back knowing the new one is around the corner. Will buy one as soon as they land
Yahoo! Congrats mate. Can't wait to see some of these new models out and about
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #104
jonohoang

http://www.caradvice.com.au/180120/f...ions-revealed/
jonohoang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #105
Foconatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonohoang

Ford’s SYNC system allows owners to connect their mobile phone via Bluetooth or USB and automatically downloads their phonebook, facilitates voice control of phone calls and music selection, and reads incoming text messages out loud.

Can someone share some light on the difference between SYNC and the already existing system on the German built Titanium with the Sports Exe. pack?

Also what are the pluses and negatives between the German built Titanium w/SEP and the Thai one? Apart from the reversing camera.

The Ford Focus link on their website is not working. Maybe being updated??

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go

Last edited by Foconatic; 03-07-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Add question
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #106
unida767

Can someone share some light on the difference between SYNC and the already existing system on the German built Titanium with the Sports Exe. pack?

Also what are the pluses and negatives between the German built Titanium w/SEP and the Thai one? Apart from the reversing camera.

The Ford Focus link on their website is not working. Maybe being updated??[/quote]

SYNC has a much better voice recognition system than the current clunky one. You can say things like "I'm cold" and it will turn up the heat. The song artist album name and genre is demoed here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kyZbl4Svf0
They have a few other demos on the tube one with the Aussie guy Rod Phillips the SYNC engineering manger.
I will be upgrading my existing system to this and the camera oh yes I will be
Old 04-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #107
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find it odd the Titanium is more expensive, then again these are list prices, so I’d bet you’d be able to get a much better discount on the MKII LW Focus than the MKI LW, considering the free trade agreement and all. Was expecting a slight drop in pricing across the range, but again, think the drop will be better reflected in actual buy price, not list price.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #108
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I though the Car makers preferred to add extras to the car rather than drop the new price as it did nasty things to people who paid full price for the previous model and lost customers.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #109
warpsp33d

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeGeCo
Not happy Ford...why did you remove the heated seats and daytime running lamps from the Focus Titanium?

I need to replace my Mondeo Titanium in February next year and had almost settled on a Focus Titanium as it can be ordered with my favourite feature from my Mondeo - ie adaptive cruise control. But now I will lose my heated front seats (which are surprisingly useful in winter), and not get daytime running lamps (which I really wanted and can be found on many Korean small cars now). Why replace daytime running lamps with LED parking lamps (which are next to useless)?

And Ford Sync doesn't make up for it because it doesn't give me anything that my Mondeo and current phone don't already provide.

And why don't we get blind spot warning? The Thai Focus has it. And only 4way power driver's seat...come on Ford, why does owning a the new Focus have to be such an experience in compromise?

So now it's off to look at other cars with adaptive cruise control...
I'm wondering what they're smoking too. I was after a Titanium Diesel SEDAN with Sports Exec pack. Now they've decided in their wonderful wisdom to remove the Diesel option from the Titanium sedan... WHY!!!!!

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.
warpsp33d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #110
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

One Ford, remember the car is supposed to be exactly the same regardless of where its made?

Explain the WS/WT Fiesta then:

- Lower quality interior (dash material changed)
- Odd sized tyre change to 185/55R15 instead of 195/50R15 on the WS
- Wheel stud pattern change to 4x100 from 4x108

Those are just off the top of my head.

Why remove features and change? Should be adding extras.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #111
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99
I though the Car makers preferred to add extras to the car rather than drop the new price as it did nasty things to people who paid full price for the previous model and lost customers.
Considering we have a free trade agreement with Thailand, I certainly didn’t expect any price rises despite some extra kit, which is balanced out by the loss of some features also. Though, I’m expecting discounts will be bigger on these cars now they’re sourced from Thailand, and constraints on stock will hopefully ease too.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #112
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The new Hyundai i30 and i40 are going to give the Focus a run for its money.
On the Hyundai website, they have a comparison between the i30 Premium and the Focus Titanium..
Priced a Titanium $39,111. I know you should get it for around $37k but still cann't see the value..Ford cann't use Euro build quality to sell..anymore..
http://au.hyundai.clientsites.carspe...hure&category=

Last edited by csv8; 06-07-2012 at 05:46 PM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #113
palmerinoz
Starter Motor

hope my lw focus voice command can be updated to sync。
palmerinoz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #114
unida767

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
The new Hyundai i30 and i40 are going to give the Focus a run for its money.
On the Hyundai website, they have a comparison between the i30 Premium and the Focus Titanium..
Priced a Titanium $39,111. I know you should get it for around $37k but still cann't see the value..Ford cann't use Euro build quality to sell..anymore..
Read car advice review - http://www.caradvice.com.au/174683/hyundai-i30-review/ good tech but gutless and in my opinion ugly to boot. The i40 is a different segment isn't it at + $40K.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #115
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, wrong comparison..to me..Titanium should start at $30k..but thats just my opinion. Previously, they justified the price on "Euro build" ,Ford cann't do that, anymore. Ford need to be more competitive..they are pricing as if they are a "premium" brand. which they aren't....just my view...
Old 08-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #116
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Did the German Focus have heated door mirrors? The German Fiesta did, apparently they're not needed for Australian conditions:

My LV doesn't have them, its a daily occurance in winter in early morning where I live, something so small yet so convienient would be nice. Every time I'm driving the Focus, I remember how I could see out of the door mirrors in winter in my WS Fiesta haha.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #117
ConradP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Did the German Focus have heated door mirrors? The German Fiesta did, apparently they're not needed for Australian conditions:

My LV doesn't have them, its a daily occurance in winter in early morning where I live, something so small yet so convienient would be nice. Every time I'm driving the Focus, I remember how I could see out of the door mirrors in winter in my WS Fiesta haha.
I would have loved them for driving to winton yesterday morning.

My side mirrors would periodically freeze over and thaw out over the 3 hour trip, I also tried to clean my windscreen at one point and the water froze to it, travelling at 110km/h this isn't fun.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #118
Foconatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo

Yes they do.

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #119
Pandemic

Any reason that they haven't included the My Ford Touch yet, even though a few people said we should expect it to be added when the production is changed to Thailand...?
Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #120
unida767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic
Any reason that they haven't included the My Ford Touch yet, even though a few people said we should expect it to be added when the production is changed to Thailand...?
I still haven't found a valid reason other than reliability. The new mondeo -fusion - is meant to be the first to have MFT in Aus.

There is also a chance that not getting it early will mean when we do it might be Windows 8 RT powered which will offer a whole lot of different features. Pure speculation and wishfull thinking of course.