Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
outerlimits
Starter Motor

Default How to sell BA GT 0003

This car was the first official FPV ever sold to the Australian public, it's a unique & historical car with it's SIDO number published in the first Blueprint mag. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to sell this car.?

outerlimits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
eXi7w0unD

ebay?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

What colour is it.

How many kays.

What options.

Unique Cars Magazine may be a start, but these cars are Hardly collectables yet, regardless of their build date.

Unless its only got delivery kays on it and its mint you'll find it hard to get anymore then market value for it.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerlimits
This car was the first official FPV ever sold to the Australian public, it's a unique & historical car with it's SIDO number published in the first Blueprint mag. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to sell this car.?
As stated above E-bay would be the best option but also maybe look into selling the car at an auction.I know Shannons hold one quite often.Just a quick question what colour is this car?
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Not saying your wrong but why wern't #1 and #2 Sold?

I thought FPV only used the cars with E.g P#001 for press cars, Etc

Doubt you will get much for it over all the others at the moment mate, pity you have to sell it could be a collectors item in the future.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #6
outerlimits
Starter Motor

Been first FPV ever off the line it's stock standard with premium sound
, Venom Red, 68000kms
This user likes this post:
Old 07-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #7
Scott

I don't think 1 & 2 get sold until further in the run. Might be wrong??
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #8
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Not saying your wrong but why wern't #1 and #2 Sold?

I thought FPV only used the cars with E.g P#001 for press cars, Etc

Doubt you will get much for it over all the others at the moment mate, pity you have to sell it could be a collectors item in the future.
P001 was an acid rush GT which was for sale at one of the local ford dealers a few years ago. It lives in my area and I've seen it a few times. It has big kays on it, but was advertised for $58,000. I still see it around.

I think Outer limits is saying that it was the very first sold to the public numbers 1 and 2 were probabbly the press cars, so they weren't sold officially. His would be the first privatley owned car.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #9
outerlimits
Starter Motor

#0001 I think is in the Ford Museum and number #0002 was held for press release only. #0003 was the first sold directly to the Aust Public
Old 07-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #10
outerlimits
Starter Motor

there was P#001 getting around which was one of the prototypes for sale
Old 07-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #11
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
#0001 I think is in the Ford Museum and number #0002 was held for press release only. #0003 was the first sold directly to the Aust Public
Thanks mate.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #12
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
I am pretty sure that #0001 is a Lightning Strike BA GT, which is quite interesting as Lightning Strike wasn't offered untill further down the track.Good Luck with the sale i am sure your car will be of much interest to a collector.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 07-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #13
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be honest mate i really don't think that you could use the fact that it was the first available for sale to the public as a selling point... GT #4389 (as an example) may have been the last BA GT offered to the public, but you wouldn't expect it to command more $$ just because it was the last. If it didn't have a build plate you wouldn't even know if it was first, second or six thousand'th GT sold and hense you would expect to receive the same $$ as everyone else. At the end of the day its a used car and far far far from collectable.

Regardless, all the best with the sale.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #14
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
To be honest mate i really don't think that you could use the fact that it was the first available for sale to the public as a selling point... GT #4389 (as an example) may have been the last BA GT offered to the public, but you wouldn't expect it to command more $$ just because it was the last. If it didn't have a build plate you wouldn't even know if it was first, second or six thousand'th GT sold and hense you would expect to receive the same $$ as everyone else. At the end of the day its a used car and far far far from collectable.

Regardless, all the best with the sale.

I am in agreeance with your thoughts on the first point made RE first car sold to the publice..... but if

The last Monaro sold for nearly 200K, surely the last GT would attract a price premium over 'normal' stock ?? Particularly the case if the shape was to change with the next model.

Personally I'd be a little reluctant to buy an ex press thrash car build # 1, 2 whatever, yet alone pay more for one. But the last one made, well that's another story.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #15
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
I am in agreeance with your thoughts on the first point made RE first car sold to the publice..... but if

The last Monaro sold for nearly 200K, surely the last GT would attract a price premium over 'normal' stock ?? Particularly the case if the shape was to change with the next model.

Personally I'd be a little reluctant to buy an ex press thrash car build # 1, 2 whatever, yet alone pay more for one. But the last one made, well that's another story.
Wasnt the "LAST" GT tho, They are still building them and will be for quiet some time.

As for the "LAST" Monaro it is a collectors item as its the last of that model for who knows how long... :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #16
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I disagree with most of the people here, I think the car will almost certainly be worth very big bucks in a couple of decades and therefore there will be someone out there with enough foresight to pay more than the normal market value of a BA GT. The best you can do is at least try to get a big price for it - what have you got to lose?
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #17
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Wasnt the "LAST" GT tho, They are still building them and will be for quiet some time.

As for the "LAST" Monaro it is a collectors item as its the last of that model for who knows how long... :
Re read what I wrote mate.

I responded in two parts to a previous post that suggested that

1. First Gt would be worth no more @ sale

2. Last Gt would be worth no more @ sale

I said

1. Agree with first point.

2. Suggested that the LAST GT would be worth more.

Re Read.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #18
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
I disagree with most of the people here, I think the car will almost certainly be worth very big bucks in a couple of decades and therefore there will be someone out there with enough foresight to pay more than the normal market value of a BA GT. The best you can do is at least try to get a big price for it - what have you got to lose?
So basically what you're suggesting is for someone to spend around $60K on a USED BA GT and keep it locked up in the garage for 30 years to potentially make $40K profit - seems pretty silly to me.
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #19
WASP
Whipple Induced

I thought I read somewhere that the first person to take public ownership of a BA GT was a women who purchased a Citric Acid one with black stripes. Obviously I was wrong. Is it worth more than another BAGT I'm not sure. It may do to a collector but I wouldn't imagine we aren't talking big money at this early stage. It may however make the car more desirable to someone who is looking for an 03 GT anyway, being a little more special in terms of history. The last Monaro was a bit different to this senario. The last Monaro is likely to be the last 'Aussie' built Monaro for a very long time. The last BA GT was simply the last of a model cycle but a new model has followed.

Getting back on the topic, I reckon the best place to sell it would be:
This forum (and other Ford forum’s)
Aussiemusclecars.com.au
Carsales.com.au
eBay
Via FPV related car clubs
Old 07-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #20
outerlimits
Starter Motor

Would $50K be a crazy price. I just want to see it go to a good home to someone that is going to look after it and benifit later, don't want to be greedy
Old 07-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #21
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I thought I read somewhere that the first person to take public ownership of a BA GT was a women who purchased a Citric Acid one with black stripes. Obviously I was wrong. Is it worth more than another BAGT I'm not sure. It may do to a collector but I wouldn't imagine we aren't talking big money at this early stage. It may however make the car more desirable to someone who is looking for an 03 GT anyway, being a little more special in terms of history. The last Monaro was a bit different to this senario. The last Monaro is likely to be the last 'Aussie' built Monaro for a very long time. The last BA GT was simply the last of a model cycle but a new model has followed.

Getting back on the topic, I reckon the best place to sell it would be:
This forum (and other Ford forum’s)
Aussiemusclecars.com.au
Carsales.com.au
eBay
Via FPV related car clubs
Actually you are correct,i now recall and know the lady you are talking about.She is in the GT club and i am sure that was the 1st sold to the public.It was a Citric acid GT with a sunroof.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 07-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #22
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
The best you can do is at least try to get a big price for it - what have you got to lose?
Exactly- If you are a collector and you are willing to store such a car without concern for cost etc, it just may prove to be very fruitful. 30 years on GT's are now worth anywhere from 5 to 20 times their original value. Now apply the same principles to the BAGT, it's not looking so silly after all if you already have the facilities available to take the punt.

As a collector if it doesn't pay off, it's not like someone paid a few hundred thousand for the car in the first place, it's only going to fetch somewhere between $40-60k I would imagine now. Most collector of these type of cars need to be in it for 30 years+. I sold my XB GT when it was 24 years old at approx triple it's original value. Now 31 year old the same car would fetch 5-6 times it's value.:
Old 07-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #23
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
So basically what you're suggesting is for someone to spend around $60K on a USED BA GT and keep it locked up in the garage for 30 years to potentially make $40K profit - seems pretty silly to me.
No, I'm suggesting that there may be someone out there who will. What have you got to lose by advertising it for an inflated price at least for a little while? Are you in a hurry to offload the car?
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #24
outerlimits
Starter Motor

check blue print magazine, 0003 is listed as a milestone for FPV, the first car shipped from FPV to the Aust Public

Last edited by outerlimits; 07-05-2006 at 06:27 PM. Reason: It's the SIDO Number listed in Blueprint
Old 07-05-2006, 06:23 PM   #25
outerlimits
Starter Motor

Quote:
No, I'm suggesting that there may be someone out there who will. What have you got to lose by advertising it for an inflated price at least for a little while? Are you in a hurry to offload the car?
Would like to sell it in the near future
Old 07-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #26
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BA GT build no.1 was sold about 2 months ago in a fleet company tender in Melbourne.It was a silver auto with about 60000kms if I remember rightly and was someone's company lease car.It sold to a dealer for somewhere in the mid to high 30s and I'm surprised that it hasn't been advertised for some absurd figure since.At the end of the day it was just another 3 year old BA GT with more mileage than most.Most of the blokes who looked at the car couldn't justify paying over the odds for the car just because of the number on the console.
If anything,the first cars in any production run are usually the ones with the problems and I certainly wouldn't be paying any more for one.
Morexbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #27
A300srt8

i see Graham Cornes used car in Adelaide is sell a number 1 ba gt it was in Thursday paper cnat remember price so who does have the real number 1?
A300srt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #28
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I thought I read somewhere that the first person to take public ownership of a BA GT was a women who purchased a Citric Acid one with black stripes. Obviously I was wrong.
The one that was for sale in Canberra was P001, Citric Acid and it had Black Stripes. It was in the yard at Gregory's. The car at the time had these 2 little cutouts with inserts at the back of the bulge and chrome after market rims.

So your information would be right as it matches the one I saw. It was also pre MK2 when I saw it
Old 07-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #29
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSCO1
i see Graham Cornes used car in Adelaide is sell a number 1 ba gt it was in Thursday paper cnat remember price so who does have the real number 1?
I have seen the no1 car and it was an FPV lease car.I remember seeing it parked in the FPV car park a while back.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 07-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #30
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This has become an interesting thread. At the moment we have 2 different colours for P001. Sorry to hijack your thread Outerlimits.