Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-02-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 30,000 km service - is this a record?

Just had the 2nd service done on the Mondeo, which is done at 40,000 km or 2 years in NZ. The total cost was $920! Wow. As the car is out of warranty in 12 months, I don't think I'll be going back.

This included new rear brake pads, a new air filter and wiper inserts. These parts of course were not cheap. The only non-service item was an "emissions service" which consisted of adding engine flush before changing the oil and a bottle of fuel injector cleaner at a cost of $20 per bottle.

I don't think I've ever had rear pads replaced before on any car that I've owned, but I'm told that this is not unusual for Mondeos and Focuses (Foci?)

I did get the aircon regassed under warranty, which now feels properly cold for the first time since I've had the car. But the engine rattle during idle in Drive is still there despite attempts to fix it at both services.