Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Default Shortest available rear shock

Hey,

I have a set of really low rear springs and I already have KYB shortened shocks however it still hits the bump stops. I'm wondering what the lowest available shock is to buy?

Cheers

xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
NeoBF
Always thinking...

Default Re: Shortest available rear shock

Hey mate, have you tried instead getting some shortened bump stops?
I know whiteline/super pro etc have them for B series, some which I believe are a universal fit and should be suitable for your purpose.
They should get rid of the riding on bump stop drama, as they are about half the height .
Old 04-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Well Ill be honest my car is pretty slammed now, I just put in a set of compressed SSLs and its tucking an entire 20 inch tyre. Do you think it will make much difference with shortened bump stops ?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
NeoBF
Always thinking...

Sounds pretty mad dude, pics?
I think the issue with even shorter shocks is that you are actually reducing the distance between the bumpstop and the lower arm, whereas by installing a shortened bumpstop you are giving yourself more clearance and hence it won't bottom out.
It works and I was going to do it, but didn't end up being that low - of I go lower I'll definitely fit a set, they're quite cheap.

Cheers
Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Its very low now, no its not raked its just the angle of the road lol