Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-07-2005, 11:49 PM   #1
holden luva
EB 5sp

Angry ****ed off

I play rugby union and today i was supposed to play a club i will leave unnammed. Anyway i live in Windsor NSW and had to travel the centre of sydney to play the unnammed team took 2 hours to get ther and when we turn up the grounds arn't marked. can't see a single line so the coach is walking round with the rule book taking photos of the ground the other team is laying down witches hats to mark the 10 metre lines and sidlines and we get told to go get changed. And the change room we went into has crap everywhere so we couldn't sit down then we go back out to warm up and the ref turns up and is looking confused and says "so weres the playing feild" and he was standing on it. The match gets cancelled do to the playing feild being 'unfit to play' and an angry coach tells us to grab our stuff and go home. So i drive the two hours home wasting $1.20 a litre on fuel and about $20 Bucks on tolls. I thought the footy club just a few kilometers from sydneys most exclusive golf club could paint a few lines on some grass. And the worst part we didn't get to play footy!!!

Old 16-07-2005, 11:51 PM   #2
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I will let Shane tell us who footy is for....

Bugger mate!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 12:40 AM   #3
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Geez mate... Thats a bit rough. Enough to inscite violence even...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 09:45 AM   #4
xrgran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 'un
Geez mate... Thats a bit rough. Enough to inscite violence even...

just like your av :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 09:48 AM   #5
FordFan86
meow

That sucks, i used to play union (and wish i still did!) we never had anything like this happen, furthest place we'd have to travel was like 1 1/2 hours away and their canteen/changin rooms/fields were some of the best we'd had.
Surely if something like that had of happened with us we woulda told thee ref where to go and get a parent or something to umpire a game just so we got to play.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post