Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Look into the 5:2 diet, or intermittent fasting. Gets good weight loss results, AND lowers cholesterol and circulating fat.

Take it easy with the exercise, ease your way into it. If your doctor has concerns about heart attacks at your age, you must have some shocking blood numbers. Going overboard with the exercise before your body has started to adapt can do more harm than good (eg. heart attack, stroke due to dislodged arterial plaques).

That said, it wont take long for you to see results. After only 6mths of only 2.5km jogs once per fortnight, I've nearly halved my time and dropped my resting heart rate by 15bpm (from below average to excellent). Intensity is less important than consistency.
She was worried about my blood pressure for sure 140/80 or something like that off the top of my head. My heart rate jumps a fair bit when exercising (averages out at 150bpm).

Cholestorol is high and my uric acid count was high too so need to cut down on foods containing that.

That being said however I have been going fairly hard out for someone who barely exercises and apart from raising a mean sweat I've been feeling good.
Old 30-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
She was worried about my blood pressure for sure 140/80 or something like that off the top of my head. My heart rate jumps a fair bit when exercising (averages out at 150bpm).

Cholestorol is high and my uric acid count was high too so need to cut down on foods containing that.

That being said however I have been going fairly hard out for someone who barely exercises and apart from raising a mean sweat I've been feeling good.
Lost 3.6kg after week 1.

However am feeling bloated in the stomach so need to identify what I'm eating that is causing this.