Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 02:16 PM   #18391
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Russia finally end the string of consecutive case record days;
Agent Viktor to Vladimir, AFF is onto us, throwing in a lower number to get them off the scent

4 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2022, 04:31 PM   #18392
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What?! This is saying we could have a situation where Australians already here will require boosters to do things, but overseas arrivals can come in without a booster and do the same thing. Crikey! Can't see the public letting this happen....

Quote:
When Morrison was asked on Monday if incoming travellers would ever need three doses to be considered fully vaccinated, even if the definition changed domestically, he replied: “No.”
Daniel Andrews at odds with Scott Morrison over third vaccine dose for international travellers
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/othe...ers/ar-AATAf9y

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
This user likes this post:
Old 09-02-2022, 10:56 AM   #18393
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia
NSW records 10,312 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9822 from 0.9770) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 9,908 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0083 (from 0.9935) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

WA (65) sets a new daily record on 8/2.

Here is the predictive trend graph for three States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 09-02-2022 at 11:07 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2022, 11:16 AM   #18394
slowsnake
Banned

Get a phone call from my Sydney Lawyers on Friday, they tell me that I have to see a NSW Workcover Assessor in 2 weeks in Perth, this is for my lumbar spine injury in 1979, it was never settled, and I had 3 spinal surgeries in 1992 and 1993, my lumbar spine needed to be fused, but had to heal properly so 4 years off work, Workcover gave me nothing, and instead of a payout I took ongoing medical.
Have been trying for 25 years to have my lumbar spine stabilised by an L4 to S1 fusion, no go, nothing, GIO will not even answer my correspondence.

I am suing James Hardie right now in the NSW Supreme Court for my cancer, but my legal team asked why I was not paid out for my lumbar injury, I explained why?....they said that my claim is still open and I lost 7 years work because of someone else's negligence.

So this NSW Assessor has obviously come over just to do this assessment, I have never had a Covid-19 test?....but the email they sent yesterday says I have to be triple vaxxed and a negative covid PCR within 72 hours of seeing this Doctor, so where do you get a Covid-19 PCR test done?
Is it like a RAT test or is it different, if it is then who does it, do I do it myself or does a chemist or my GP do it?...its a question thanks.

Last edited by slowsnake; 09-02-2022 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Autospell
Old 09-02-2022, 11:29 AM   #18395
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Get a phone call from my Sydney Lawyers on Friday, they tell me that I have to see a NSW Workcover Assessor in 2 weeks in Perth,
Well that's not going to happen as you can't fit 3 jabs into 2 weeks.

Quote:
So this NSW Assessor has obviously come over just to do this assessment, I have never had a Covid-19 test?....but the email they sent yesterday says I have to be triple vaxxed and a negative covid PCR within 72 hours of seeing this Doctor, so where do you get a Covid-19 PCR test done?
Is it like a RAT test or is it different, if it is then who does it, do I do it myself or does a chemist or my GP do it?...its a question thanks.
Have you tried calling your Dr ?

Or try here.

https://www.healthywa.wa.gov.au/COVIDclinics

https://www.wdp.com.au/covid-19/driv...ugh-locations/
Old 09-02-2022, 11:35 AM   #18396
real time

A PCR test is supposed to be a more accurate test over the RAT test, you should get in touch with a local pathology clinic they should be able to help you out.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:18 PM   #18397
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT February 8th 2022.

29,878 new cases for Australia and 59 deaths so the CMR is 0.155%.

NZ recorded 255 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.290%.

The UK recorded 66,371 cases and 314 deaths yesterday for a CMR of 0.885%.

211,254 new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,338 deaths sees CMR at 1.186%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 400M;
Europe passes 137M cases;
Asia passes 105M cases;
North America passes 92M cases;
Russia passes 13M cases;

Latvia (11,144);
Singapore (13,011);
Vietnam (21,909);
Jordan (22,720); and
Norway (26,109)

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Malaysia moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2022, 12:49 PM   #18398
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Well that's not going to happen as you can't fit 3 jabs into 2 weeks.

Have you tried calling your Dr ?

Or try here.

https://www.wdp.com.au/covid-19/driv...ugh-locations/
I am triple vaxxed with Pfizer Gasso, just this PCR test I need to know about, I have an appointment with GP next week, so will give me a week to get sorted, but I did ask him before if I needed a RAT test and he said no, but that was before I received the Lawyers email, and that was my question, does my GP, Chemist or do I or can I just buy one, things are very different in WA.

Thanks for your answer!.
Old 09-02-2022, 02:24 PM   #18399
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I am triple vaxxed with Pfizer Gasso, just this PCR test I need to know about, I have an appointment with GP next week, so will give me a week to get sorted, but I did ask him before if I needed a RAT test and he said no, but that was before I received the Lawyers email, and that was my question, does my GP, Chemist or do I or can I just buy one, things are very different in WA.

Thanks for your answer!.
Pretty sure all the clinics are PCR tests, link below

FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
Old 09-02-2022, 02:51 PM   #18400
yakcam
I drank what?

Quote:
I am suing James Hardie right now in the NSW Supreme Court for my cancer, but my legal team asked why I was not paid out for my lumbar injury, I explained why?....they said that my claim is still open and I lost 7 years work because of someone else's negligence.
OT, but just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your situation. My dad worked at Meremere power station (NZ) before I was born, but died of asbestosis in 1978 because of it, he was 62, I was 9. My mum was part of a suit against James Hardie and won a small payout back in the early 80s. Good luck to you, I hope you get a decent payout.

Cheers,
Kraig
Old 09-02-2022, 10:56 PM   #18401
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Not what she said, she clearly said "cancer of the throat"
HPV can cause a number of different cancers.
https://www.health.gov.au/health-top...us#what-is-hpv
Thanks for chiming in...even if out of context.

But...she clearly says nothing, just exaggerates at every opportunity..

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
It was a simplification, yes, as a response to someone who took issue with my suggestion that if their immune system was so good then they'd never get cancer.

simplification...simpli-crapation....drawing a long bow linking cervical cancer to Covid-19....laughably really.

She may as well have said that you can catch Covid by oral sex....who would care?

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 10-02-2022, 09:18 AM   #18402
leesa

edit: on second thought.

3 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2022, 09:49 AM   #18403
slowsnake
Banned

Looks like Astra Zeneca has been provisionally approved as a booster for Covid-19 in Australian adults.....

Ch 24 news.....
Old 10-02-2022, 10:10 AM   #18404
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakcam View Post
OT, but just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your situation. My dad worked at Meremere power station (NZ) before I was born, but died of asbestosis in 1978 because of it, he was 62, I was 9. My mum was part of a suit against James Hardie and won a small payout back in the early 80s. Good luck to you, I hope you get a decent payout.

Cheers,
Kraig
I know this has gone off topic ( Russell and Mods ) but I have to answer this as a courtesy, dident want to PM!
Thank you for your concern, but I think times have changed since your mum sued James Hardie, I think Bernie Banton has a lot to do with bringing James Hardie to justice, that company is a national disgrace, they changed their name to Amaca Pty Ltd for litigation purposes, just to try keep the James Hardie brand out of the news.

I don't think I will be alive to enjoy the spoils for either claim, they reckon 3 to 4 months for the asbestos and 6 to 8 months for my spinal injury, but my Perth solicitor who is doing my will and is executor of my estate is in contact with the Sydney Lawyers so any monies is paid to my estate!

But it's different now to when your mum claimed, by rights she should of been paid back then about $250,000, you too could of claimed as a child aged 9 years for loss of your father.
Litigation is a dirty business, but it has to be done before these employers kill the whole work force, that's not a joke, James Hardie knew in the 60's that asbestos and asbestos cement products were lethal if inhaled, they dident care, very sad really, and they blame everything on smoking, that is the excuse, smoking, except for mesothelioma which I dident have.

Thank you for your concern and kind words!

Kind Regards Billy.

Last edited by slowsnake; 10-02-2022 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Autospell
Old 10-02-2022, 10:40 AM   #18405
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Looks like Astra Zeneca has been provisionally approved as a booster for Covid-19 in Australian adults.....

Ch 24 news.....
I read your post with interest because this is what I was looking into for Dad when he went for his booster a couple of weeks back. He would have preferred an AZ jab because it was a known quantity.

When I spoke to the GP about this I was told that the only boosters available were the approved boosters, Pfizer and Moderna, and they only did Pfizer. Not that it mattered because a person could only have one of the boosters as approved by the state.

Turns out that was not necessarily true and that AZ as a booster has been "approved" and available under certain circumstances since at least the 24/12/21. Maybe even earlier as the document is v2.0, the original from October.

Quote:
If you are 18 years or older, you can have the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine as a booster dose regardless of which vaccine you had for your first 2 doses.

You can also receive the Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) vaccine if you:
  • can’t have the Pfizer vaccine for medical reasons
  • had 2 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine previously.
https://www.health.gov.au/initiative...-booster-doses

I followed it through and the ATAGI statement says the same. Basically that Pfizer and Moderna are the preferred booster and AZ is non-preferred.

Given there have been roughly 13.7m AZ does administered this would technically mean at least 6.5m people have been eligible to have AZ boosters.

Also interesting is that 200,000 doses of AZ have been given in the 2 to 3 months. Can't see whether they are boosters or basic course though.
Old 10-02-2022, 10:52 AM   #18406
slowsnake
Banned

This countries leaders at the Federal level are " lost in space " its a very bad situation when the taxpaying man on the street gets lost in his own suburb through being given bad directions, or misinformation.
But the Government gets lost all the time, and they know their way around town?

My eldest brother in the UK had a cerellebellar stroke after his AZ booster, at the time he was under constant observation by doctors as he had just gone into and cleared of cancer, plus he has a pacemaker?
They could not find the cause of the stroke, so it was not caused by pre-existing medical issues, they told him it was the AZ booster?
His wife and daughter dident have any problems!

Last edited by slowsnake; 10-02-2022 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Add a bit
Old 10-02-2022, 11:08 AM   #18407
slowsnake
Banned

Well WA has its first case of Omicron in a nursing home!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-...home/100815664
Old 10-02-2022, 11:25 AM   #18408
slowsnake
Banned

Omicron modelling by a University of WA professor suggests that more West Australians will die the longer the border is closed!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-...ssor/100816466
Old 10-02-2022, 12:14 PM   #18409
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia
NSW records 10,130 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9841 from 0.9822) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 9,391 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0080 (from 1.0083) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

WA (94) set a new daily record on 9/2.

Here is the predictive trend graph for three States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2022, 01:16 PM   #18410
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT February 9th 2022.

31,044 new cases for Australia and 71 deaths so the CMR is 0.156%.

NZ recorded 250 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.286%.

The UK recorded 67,316 cases and 276 deaths yesterday for a CMR of 0.883%.

209,961 new cases in the USA yesterday and 3,415 deaths sees CMR at 1.187%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 400M;
Europe passes 139M cases;
Asia passes 106M cases;
South America passes 51M cases;
Oceania passes 3M cases;
France passes 21M cases;
UK passes 18M cases;

Azerbaijan (7,779);
Latvia (11,835);
Slovakia (20,582);
Vietnam (23,956);
South Korea (49,567);
Russia (183,103) after a couple of days respite; and
Netherlands (189,377)

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Thailand moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 11:13 AM   #18411
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia
NSW records 8,950 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9740 from 0.9841) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 8,521 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9864 (from 1.0080) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

WA (139) set a new daily record on 10/2.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 11-02-2022 at 11:59 AM.
5 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #18412
slowsnake
Banned

Well my trusty West Australian newspaper is telling me that Prince Charles has Covid-19 for the second time!

Seems the Royals have better care plans than the average bloke on the street, he had it before in March 2020, obviously he dident get immunity.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:02 PM   #18413
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT February 10th 2022.

25,877 new cases for Australia and 56 deaths so the CMR is 0.157%.

NZ recorded 334 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.281%.

The UK recorded 67,316 cases and 276 deaths yesterday for a CMR of 0.883%.

231,879 new cases in the USA yesterday and 3,877 deaths sees CMR at 1.189%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 406M;
Global deaths pass 5.8M, the last 50k in 5 days;
Europe passes 141M cases;
Brazil passes 27M cases;

New Zealand (334);
Belarus (8,463);
Vietnam (26,032);
South Korea (54,113);
Russia (197,076); and
Germany (247,128)

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while the Philippines drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 01:39 PM   #18414
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
6 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 01:44 PM   #18415
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

WA looks like they are off and running. Second doses ~91%. Must go faster.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 02:32 PM   #18416
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Ch 24 news.....
https://www.9news.com.au/national/as...6-663b7ad0b225

Quote:
"The third (booster) dose may be given if clinically indicated with reference to official guidance regarding the use of a heterologous third dose (e.g. mRNA vaccine)," it said, in a statement.
"This means that the decision to receive Vaxzevria as a booster must be made in consultation with a medical professional."
Will see what the GP has to say...

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 03:41 PM   #18417
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Pfizer or Moderna in that order is the best option, well that what my GP explained to me, be interesting what your GP says.
Cheers
Old 11-02-2022, 07:03 PM   #18418
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Pfizer or Moderna in that order is the best option, well that what my GP explained to me, be interesting what your GP says.
Cheers
I thought I read somewhere that AZ actually held its efficacy over time better than the mRNA vaccines. If we go by UK stats, it seems to suggest pretty good protection against Omnicron for deaths. Compare that to US death rates, which is near its daily peak, same as around Delta time. Granted the US has lower vaccination rates than the UK, but only by about 10% for 2nd doses.

I can only assume the "gp approval" requirement is needed as there aren't that many supplies of AZ going around.

Rides (past and present)

4 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2022, 08:41 PM   #18419
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I have said before there was a massive hit job on AZ which was a shame since not only because we were able to produce enough for our own needs and others but in the end Pfizer had it's own side effects

I rescheduled my booster to this Monday instead of last week so hopefully get that over and done with
5 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2022, 09:39 AM   #18420
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The current fortnight of UK data for cases and elapsed mortalities has finished.

There were 1,416,725 cases in the period to 26/1 and 4,456 deaths between 26/1-10/2 for a CMR of 0.315% which is almost double that of the previous period - 0.162%. Case numbers, however, are down by 1.1M (46%) over the previous period so the worst is probably over.

Thus, in the 195 days since 'freedom day' they have totalled 10,667,768 cases and 29,575 deaths for an overall CMR of 0.277% which is slightly above the 0.272% at day 180.

Here it is graphed - note that the base column at the end is the 2 week period prior to freedom day.

On an annualised basis, that’s 19.9M cases and somewhere between 60k (at the most recent CMR) and 56k (at the average CMR) deaths and just over one third of the adult population would get COVID in the year.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Closed Thread