Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2022, 03:09 PM   #18151
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Not really up against it as most of us don't give a toss what happens there.
Just the FIFO workers!
Old 26-01-2022, 03:17 PM   #18152
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fifo workers prob have more freedom traveling to and from the state than they have working on site as they'd have to be fully vaxed anyways to work for both the companys wants as well as the states
all mines are now wanting full vax from their workers last ive heard , even our trucks have been told same delivering to mine sites

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
This user likes this post:
Old 26-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #18153
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
This is what the rest of Australia is up against, who knows what makes this dude tick!

As Gasoline quoted I do not give a toss when your state opens up as I have already visited it many times and probably will visit in the future when we all get back to some normality.
I feel sorry for locals who have been restricted from visiting or being visited from family and friends interstate.

Presently I'm able to move around rest of Australia without being caged like you lot and getting along with life.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2022, 08:12 PM   #18154
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
fifo workers prob have more freedom traveling to and from the state than they have working on site as they'd have to be fully vaxed anyways to work for both the companys wants as well as the states
all mines are now wanting full vax from their workers last ive heard , even our trucks have been told same delivering to mine sites
14 fully vaxxed FIFO workers tested positive for covid last week, at a mine in the South of WA, Kemberton I think from memory, I mean where did that come from?
Old 26-01-2022, 08:34 PM   #18155
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This is what the rest of Australia is up against, who knows what makes this dude tick!

Quote:
Just the FIFO workers!
Quote:
14 fully vaxxed FIFO workers tested positive for covid last week, at a mine in the South of WA, Kemberton I think from memory, I mean where did that come from?
not sure where your going but you seemed annoyed with the extended lockdown
then said it affects the fifo
then it seems your annoyed its still getting in and you seem annoyed fifo ar bringing it
your all over the shop
yes there is 9 tied to the lithium plant in kemberton
Quote:
Nine of the new cases are linked to an outbreak at a lithium plant in the state's southwest
https://www.northweststar.com.au/sto...a-covid-cases/
yes mines are trying to restrict it as they want to stay open for business
https://www.9news.com.au/national/we...1-3935ccbd4703
and as others have said once it s moving you wont stop it , its how you prevent its speed in spreading
yes even vaxed people can still get and transmit it but being vaxed can help curb its spread and affect

so as said im lost at where your going with these last few posts

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2022, 08:36 PM   #18156
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
3 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2022, 09:22 PM   #18157
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Had covid. Was nice. highly recommended getting it.
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2022, 09:29 PM   #18158
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
14 fully vaxxed FIFO workers tested positive for covid last week
Safe and effective,
Old 26-01-2022, 09:36 PM   #18159
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Have you got a link for that please?

All I could find is Two FIFO workers test positive for COVID-19 at Perth Airport

https://thewest.com.au/business/mini...port-c-5396318
Old 27-01-2022, 09:31 AM   #18160
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
link for that please?

All I could find is Two FIFO workers test positive for COVID-19 at Perth Airport

there is a link to it in my last post
tho today they are (on the radio news) stating its at 17
how ever they did state this new number is inclusive of family and close contacts

Last edited by wodahs; 27-01-2022 at 09:46 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #18161
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will find a link to confirm latter but they are also now saying tho our borders arnt opening , there is going to be further relaxations on coming and going
for wezt aussues coming home and compassionate travel

Old 27-01-2022, 09:41 AM   #18162
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
will find a link to confirm latter but they are also now saying tho our borders arnt opening , there is going to be further relaxations on coming and going
for wezt aussues coming home and compassionate travel
heheh there was a radio station here the other day (can't remember which one) with a WA Gov ad encouraging Victorians to visit WA.

I think they are also relaxing the rules for international students?

More relaxation will come before he due for his court appearance.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 11:10 AM   #18163
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Have you got a link for that please?

The Albermarle Lithium plant is in the town or Shire of Kemberton!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-...sens/100782442

Last edited by slowsnake; 27-01-2022 at 11:27 AM.
Old 27-01-2022, 11:13 AM   #18164
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia
NSW records 17,316 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9603 (from 0.9630) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 13,755 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9603 (from 0.9574) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for three States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 11:18 AM   #18165
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
not sure where your going but you seemed annoyed with the extended lockdown
then said it affects the fifo
then it seems your annoyed its still getting in and you seem annoyed fifo ar bringing it
your all over the shop
yes there is 9 tied to the lithium plant in kemberton

https://www.northweststar.com.au/sto...a-covid-cases/
yes mines are trying to restrict it as they want to stay open for business
https://www.9news.com.au/national/we...1-3935ccbd4703
and as others have said once it s moving you wont stop it , its how you prevent its speed in spreading
yes even vaxed people can still get and transmit it but being vaxed can help curb its spread and affect

so as said im lost at where your going with these last few posts
I was answering questions put to me?....by other posters?....
Old 27-01-2022, 11:31 AM   #18166
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
The Albermarle Lithium plant is in the town of Kemberton!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-...sens/100782442
There is no mention at all of "14 fully vaxxed FIFO workers tested positive for covid last week, at a mine in the South of WA"

The article you linked to refers to local cases only....

"Kemerton"

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 27-01-2022, 11:36 AM   #18167
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
There is no mention at all of "14 fully vaxxed FIFO workers tested positive for covid last week, at a mine in the South of WA"

The article you linked to refers to local cases only....

"Kemerton"
I get fed up explaining myself here at AFF, was called "bullying" at school, but we are not at school are we, look to the right under McGowan's mug and it says in Bright Blue Key Points, though my newspaper stated 14, this mentions 13, and if I can find it so can you so do your own research, I'm busy
Old 27-01-2022, 11:48 AM   #18168
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
I get fed up explaining myself here at AFF, was called "bullying" at school, but we are not at school are we, look to the right under McGowan's mug and it says in Bright Blue Key Points, though my newspaper stated 14, this mentions 13, and if I can find it so can you so do your own research, I'm busy
I will repeat......there is no mention at all of 14 FIFO workers, all the numbers in the link you posted refer to LOCAL only....

No bullying at all lol, just pointing out that all those numbers quoted in the article you linked to acquired the virus locally

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 11:56 AM   #18169
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
I will repeat......there is no mention at all of 14 FIFO workers, all the numbers in the link you posted refer to LOCAL only....

No bullying at all lol, just pointing out that all those numbers quoted in the article you linked to acquired the virus locally

Read the blue points on right, cluster on refinery construction site, stop being so bloody pedantic, and picky, it's not a big deal and was only relevant to a post so far down this thread it's no longer an issue, just move on and stop being " the man who shot Liberty Slowsnake"
Old 27-01-2022, 12:36 PM   #18170
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Read the blue points on right, cluster on refinery construction site, stop being so bloody pedantic, and picky, it's not a big deal and was only relevant to a post so far down this thread it's no longer an issue, just move on and stop being " the man who shot Liberty Slowsnake"
Who's been pedantic? you post on a public forum (yesterday!) making a claim that others are interested in and ask for a source, then when you can't find it and realise you were wrong you then proceed to lose it.....

If you don't want to be questioned on a public forum don't post or make sure you are correct on the subject....we all make mistakes at times (me included) but most don't go into a downward spiral when it's pointed out...

Also......You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that everyone that is working on the Albermarle Lithium construction site is a fifo worker, they are not! the overall majority are locals.

2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 12:43 PM   #18171
slowsnake
Banned

It bothers me no end that people in positions of "power" meaning sports stars an d their ilk can always find a way in through WA's border restrictions!

Case in point, cricketer Cam Green, now I never knew that he is allowed into WA on his "student exemption".......student exemption?

He's an international cricketer, but apparently can come and go because he is studying at Curtin University!
And as such he had his G2G application approved, well by the time his 2 week quarantine is completed just how much study can he fit in on campus before flying out to play cricket in Pakistan?
He is doing a Commerce degree by the way, and according to the West's newspapers reporter, Brayden Quartermaine "he organised the application himself"......is someone having a cheap shot at a recent Serbian tennis player!...who dident fill out his own application, I wonder?......
Old 27-01-2022, 12:55 PM   #18172
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Who's been pedantic? you post on a public forum (yesterday!) making a claim that others are interested in and ask for a source, then when you can't find it and realise you were wrong you then proceed to lose it.....

If you don't want to be questioned on a public forum don't post or make sure you are correct on the subject....we all make mistakes at times (me included) but most don't go into a downward spiral when it's pointed out...

Also......You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that everyone that is working on the Albermarle Lithium construction site is a fifo worker, they are not! the overall majority are locals.
I am well aware that the 300 operational jobs are going to locals where possible, but the construction phase of any minesite is a torrent of outside workers qualified to do the work the locals can't, and it stated the exposed workers were FIFO.
Old 27-01-2022, 01:14 PM   #18173
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 26th 2022.

57,161 new cases for Australia and 87 deaths so the CMR is 0.141%.

NZ recorded 58 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.330%.

The UK recorded 101,603 cases and 346 deaths for a CMR of 0.958%.

650,254 new cases in the USA yesterday and 3,403 deaths sees CMR at 1.217%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 362M;
Daily global deaths passed 10k for the first time since 15/9/21;
Europe sets a new daily high with 1,711,722cases;
Asia sets a new daily high with 709,524 cases;
Europe passes 118M cases;
Asia passes 97M cases;
North America passes 86M cases;
USA passes 74M cases;
Peru passes 3M cases;
Switzerland passes 2M cases;

Barbados (723);
Egypt (1,910);
Luxembourg (3,073);
Bahrain (4,876);
Palestine (4,948);
Estonia (5,845);
Moldova (6,199);
Kuwait (6,454);
Costa Rica (6,525);
Lebanon (8,639);
Latvia (9,143);
Lithuania (9,490);
Croatia (11,812);
Jordan (12,826);
South Korea (13,004);
Georgia (17,530);
Slovenia (17,941);
Austria (34,011);
Romania (34,255);
Czechia (39,614);
Sweden (44,944) on 25/1;
Poland (53,240);
Japan (60,933);
Portugal (65,578);
Russia (74,692) – the 6th consecutive day;
Germany (188,759); and
Brazil (219,878)

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Ethiopia and Uganda drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-02-2022 at 12:44 AM.
Old 27-01-2022, 01:23 PM   #18174
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The current fortnight of UK data for cases and elapsed mortalities has finished.

There were 2,523,303 cases in the period to 11/1 and 4,093 deaths between 12-26/1 for a CMR of 0.162% which is lower than the previous period which was 0.188%. Case numbers, however, are up by 1.1M (81.6%) over the previous period so there will be some flow on.

Thus, in the 180 days since 'freedom day' they have totalled 9,251,043 cases and 25,119 deaths for an overall CMR of 0.272% which is below the 0.313% at day 165.

Here it is graphed - note that the base column at the end is the 2 week period prior to freedom day.

On an annualised basis, that’s 18.7M cases and somewhere between 30k (at the most recent CMR) and 51k (at the average CMR) deaths and just over one third of the adult population would get COVID in the year.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 02:51 PM   #18175
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Next variant.....

Woman who came face-to-face with lab monkey after truck crash becomes sick

Quote:
“Because the monkey did hiss at me and there were feces around, and I did have an open cut, they just want to be precautious,” said Fallon.
“I was close to the monkeys, I touched the crates, I walked through their feces so I was very close. So I called to inquire, you know, was I safe?” said Fallon.
Fallon says she grew concerned because she has an open cut on her hand and developed pink eye-like symptoms, so she went to the emergency room.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 27-01-2022, 06:33 PM   #18176
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Next variant.....

They should name it...Anothercon.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 07:10 PM   #18177
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, good to see ATAGI not being pushed over by the pollies. With numbers now look to be steadily on the downward trend, and that's with "only" 30% boosted, is there really a need to mandate 3rd shots across the board?!

And who made Dandrews the warden of the east? He seems to be calling a lot of the shots for the eastern states lately. Quarantine arrangements for fruit pickers, back to school plans, and now the booster shot....

National cabinet makes no change to two-dose definition of ‘fully vaccinated’

Quote:
National cabinet has made no change today the definition of “fully vaccinated”, which at present means two doses of a coronavirus vaccine.

The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation is still considering whether that definition should be revised to require adults to receive a third dose, sources confirmed after today’s national cabinet meeting.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews had foreshadowed earlier today that a change to national vaccination policy may be imminent.

Rides (past and present)

Old 27-01-2022, 09:27 PM   #18178
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

It seems someone has found what makes him tick!

https://i.imgur.com/EFB3elH.jpg

The resistance is coming Billy. Vive la résistance!

Last edited by GasoLane; 27-01-2022 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Sorry but some members do have their kids watching.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 10:15 PM   #18179
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Well, good to see ATAGI not being pushed over by the pollies. With numbers now look to be steadily on the downward trend, and that's with "only" 30% boosted, is there really a need to mandate 3rd shots across the board?!

And who made Dandrews the warden of the east? He seems to be calling a lot of the shots for the eastern states lately. Quarantine arrangements for fruit pickers, back to school plans, and now the booster shot....

National cabinet makes no change to two-dose definition of ‘fully vaccinated’
You being a Victorian should know by now Chairman Dan has always been outspoken when it comes to opinions, I'm certainly not surprised what comes out of his mouth.
Old 28-01-2022, 10:23 AM   #18180
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia
NSW records 13,333 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9546 (from 0.9603) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 12,755 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9631 (from 0.9603) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

Here is the predictive trend graph for three States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Closed Thread