Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
MarcThomas62
Starter Motor

Default 1995 Mondeo wagon LX

Need to replace drivers window regulator in my wagon cant seem to find any wagons for wrecking so my question is does a sedan or hatchback regulator fit the wagon door

MarcThomas62 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
Wombat John
Starter Motor

Default Re: 1995 Mondeo wagon LX

I don't know for sure, but the applicable Haynes manual doesn't have different procedures for removing front window glass or regulators for sedan, hatch or wagon. Different for manual/electric, though.

My "local" diy wrecker (about an hour and a half that way <-) would sell a manual one from a sedan for $27. For that money, I'd risk it.
Wombat John is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
MarcThomas62
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: 1995 Mondeo wagon LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat John View Post
I don't know for sure, but the applicable Haynes manual doesn't have different procedures for removing front window glass or regulators for sedan, hatch or wagon. Different for manual/electric, though.

My "local" diy wrecker (about an hour and a half that way <-) would sell a manual one from a sedan for $27. For that money, I'd risk it.
Thanks Wombat I will check with local wreckers
MarcThomas62 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Default Re: 1995 Mondeo wagon LX

suggestion - see if you can find a parts listing for the sedan / hatch wagon and compare the actual part numbers.
Being a volume manufacturer globally, they'll probably try to reuse as many parts a possible across different model variations and different vehicles too.
Brand history speaks for itself...
Other manufacturers do the same - makes perfect sense really..
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: