Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-04-2006, 01:22 AM   #1
LGen
Starter Motor

Question Louder Indicator

Any suggestions please.
I have a hearing problem, is there any way to make the indicator louder on my AU11
I keep forgetting to cancel it because I can't hear it.
LGen.

LGen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #2
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not being an *** but how often do you check your speed or instrument cluster?? as the indicator flashes on the cluster..
and many people with rather loud stereo systems dont forget to turn theirs off and cant hear them??

but i would say fitting a beeper may help the situation?? like on a postie bike
the beeper/buzzer would sound with the flash of the indicator..
a kit may be buildable from Jaycar to suite that
Old 03-04-2006, 01:57 AM   #3
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGen
Any suggestions please.
Many years ago my dad rigged up a 12v buzzer as a low oil/high temp warning in a car I was fiddling around with.

As blackers10 noted, Jaycar will have something that suits. It should be relatively simple to connect it into your blinker circuit.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 03:11 AM   #4
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Any suggestions please.
I have a hearing problem, is there any way to make the indicator louder on my AU11
I keep forgetting to cancel it because I can't hear it.
LGen.
Should'nt it auto cancel itself when you straighten the wheel, perhaps the cancel switch is faulty ( if thats what its called ? )
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 07:41 AM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Should'nt it auto cancel itself when you straighten the wheel, perhaps the cancel switch is faulty ( if thats what its called ? )
He may be referring to overtaking on freeways and such.

It's a good point to raise though!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

It also reminds me of those people that drive around at night without the lights on. What sort of idiot drives at night and doesn't realize that no dash lights = no headlights on? Dumbasses, I forgot. If you cant see the flashing indicator lights on your dash, how the hell do you see an ambulance coming etc? Sorry to read about your hearing though.At least you still have the remaining four senses though!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #7
LGen
Starter Motor

Hi ddarby
Hope you don't have any problems with your hearing later in life.
If you do you will understand.
LGen
Old 04-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #8
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

If you can remember to turn it on then surely it"s just as easy to remember to turn it off??? Maybe your loosing your marbles as well as your hearing??? : :
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 01:08 AM   #9
LGen
Starter Motor

AU-MUSTD,
You have a lot of time to spare?
Old 05-04-2006, 01:17 AM   #10
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Quote:
AU-MUSTD,
You have a lot of time to spare?
Now now, LGen you should allow for the indulgences of youth ;)
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #11
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

i have an old set of those huge plastic 'dr.spock' ears if that will help you any ! ..lol
,allthough i can't laught to much as im getting a bit ear blocked as time goes on too ! ..
ok - serouslly - goto jaycar as mentioned above , they have all sorts of goodies you could rig up

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #12
BlackLS

Yep go to Jaycar, tell them your problem and they should be able to show you something. The guys that work there love these types of problems!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #13
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

I know this can be annoying (not hearing the indicator), but the point made above about looking at your dash is a valid one. I know you need to focus on the road, but you also need to check the dash from time to time - if only to check speed. Obviously, while you're there, you could check to see if the blinkers are on too?

Another suggestion is to change the globes in the indicator arrows (on the dash) to red - you should notice a flashing red light on the dash a lot easier than a flashing green one.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2006, 03:06 AM   #14
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

This is also where stupid little things like the "fresnel' page magnifier i mentioned in another thread can come in handy , for those who dont know about them , they are basically a flat piece of clear plastic the size of a A4 piece of paper , it is a flat magnifying glass (Can get glass 1's too , like on a overhead projector, but worth alot more), u can cut them to shape etc etc , they are worth about $2 from any newsagents or k-mart / big-w etc etc , you could cut a strip off and sit it along the bottom of the cluster infront of the clear plastic along the bottom infront of the indicators lights in the dash, the indicators would look at least 3 times the size ! - definatelly couldn't miss them then ! . , just another idea .. cheap too ! .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post