Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
HLC
Audi S3

Default feeding wires from engine bay to the inside of the car...

hey guys...

i was having a look under my bonnet today trying to figure out where to feed a wire from the engine bay to the inside of the car, for like an amp or something... and i cant find where.

i found the wiring going somewhere near the steering column but i coudnt feed anything anyway...

is anybody able to tell me where i can feed wires for this sort of stuff?

cheers, HLC.

Old 31-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
SIKSIX
Its gone V

i hate taking off and putting gromets back on so i just drilled it next to my clutch cable and cable tied to it, then to the battery leads, nice and neat.....for me anyways.
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
hey guys...
i found the wiring going somewhere near the steering column but i coudnt feed anything anyway...
Grab a wire coat hanger, straighten it then round the tip with some pliers and push it through the hole. :

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #4
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah use the coat hanger than u can tie string or whatever to it and pull it back through then tie it to your new wire then pull it back through - did this when installing my bonnet release cable

the hole is the one up from the radiator resevour and a thick black cable running into it(bonnet release cable) just so u no what im talking about
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #5
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

It's a little difficult but keep persisting and it eventually goes through, mine was tight as... reminds me of a girl i once knew...
Old 31-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

on autos there is a grommet/plug for where the cluth cable is meant to be. just take it out and put it through there and then force the plug back in.

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

ok i found what felt like this rubber thing that the wires are going through... i got an auto so ive no idea where the clutch cable is sposed to be...

but i tried putting a coathanger through the rubber thing. but to no avail :S can anyone tell me where this rubber thing leads/comes out in the engine bay so i can go the other way?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #8
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
ok i found what felt like this rubber thing that the wires are going through... i got an auto so ive no idea where the clutch cable is sposed to be...

but i tried putting a coathanger through the rubber thing. but to no avail :S can anyone tell me where this rubber thing leads/comes out in the engine bay so i can go the other way?
looking from the front of your car the brake boosters on your left go about a hand width across + down mid way between the eng. + booster there should be a grommet on fire wall pull it out that is ware the clutch cable would have been you should get your wires thru there it can then be seald up again with silastic or caulking compound..hope this helps
Cheers ..Whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:37 AM   #9
HLC
Audi S3

alright, thanks, ill have a looksie.