Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
Aussie Pete

Default Aussie Pete's Guided Tours of Thailand

So, you reckon you like cars. Well, if only I had taken the time to park the car and travel to Thailand a long long time ago. Where else can you go that has such wonderful culture mixed with great food, great sights, lovely people and hot weather. And where else can beautiful traditional culture mix with a night life second to none?

Everyone talks about how they'd like to go so here's a chance. I was thinking of going back late Sept or early october for a week. Travel to Bangkok for a few days before moseying on down to Patong beach Phuket. I will show you all the great sights and the best entertainment areas. This will be an all male event because quite simply we don't want any baggage. You can have a great time without spoiling any relationship and I very much suggest you'll enjoy yourself more if you approach things that way.

Cost is airfares plus approx A$44 per night accomm in BKK and $23 per night in Phuket. Add around A$100 per day spending money for all the food and drink you can take (excepting people like Laminge who would need three times that). And if you're smart the trip can pay for itself just in savings for shopping like clothes (copy branded T-shirts A$3-4, shoes like Nike/Diesel etc A$20).

Who's in? You won't regret it!

FYI
(My mate and I were also going to try and skip through Vietnam for a few days so if you're interested....)

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
Aussie Pete

Oh, best part of Thailand: no FUN POLICE!!!!!
Old 02-08-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
Oh, best part of Thailand: no FUN POLICE!!!!!

Lets see if you still feel that way, after authorities have searched through you Boogie Board Bag. Muhahahaha!!!! :
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 05:07 PM   #4
Aussie Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Lets see if you still feel that way, after authorities have searched through you Boogie Board Bag. Muhahahaha!!!! :
Judging by your avatar you cannot see the diff between Indonesia and Thailand... : :ymca:
Old 02-08-2005, 06:28 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
Judging by your avatar you cannot see the diff between Indonesia and Thailand... : :ymca:
Judging by the vast majority of your responses you can't take a joke......... :
Old 02-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I returned in June from 2 weeks on Patong Beach. Had the best time. Been then numerous times and it just keeps getting better all the time. As much as I'd like to go without the mrs, its a no go zone because she loves the place as much as I do and says no solo trips to Thailand. I was trying organise the boys for a week in Paradise, but she put the stops on that.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #7
rodderz

What sort of "activities" will you be frequently undertaking there Pete...the usual?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 07:54 PM   #8
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
What sort of "activities" will you be frequently undertaking there Pete...the usual?
BSR (tm)?

:Up_to_som

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #9
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

I hear Thailand is.. umm.. a good place for a single guy. Must try to make it there while I'm still single. Heard the beaches (and another word that starts and ends with the same letters, and sounds almost the same) are very very nice. :

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 08:24 PM   #10
rodderz

"Man who walk through airport gate sideways...is going to Bangkok"
Old 02-08-2005, 08:28 PM   #11
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Hi-5 will be in action, there is absolutely NO DOUBT about that. I'm off to buy shares in Ansell!!!!!
Old 02-08-2005, 10:53 PM   #12
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just make sure you see the front before you hit the back if you know what I am saying, they are ripe in Thailand. Apart from that I have heard it's a hoot.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #13
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I would love to go back to Patong beach, no chance going without the Mrs though, she loves the place more than me, an all male group would be very interesting.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2005, 03:03 PM   #14
Aussie Pete

Okay, drag the women along but tell them not to comment or complain about others' behaviour. If they're cool with men drinking, swearing and being generally rowdy then no probs.

October looks the go. Some cheap fares on MAS (around $690 return) if you have a companion (hence my desire to hook up with others for the fare).
Old 05-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #15
Aussie Pete

What a bunch of pansies. All those people who talk but no action. Mark my words, if you haven't been then you're missing out. Take my brother - he's dieing to go and play after I tried and tried before he got married. Sheesh.

AP>
Old 05-08-2005, 03:17 PM   #16
rodderz

I already done my stint in Bali before the "baggage" came along Pete! : : :
Old 05-08-2005, 09:07 PM   #17
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Im planning on going next year Pete, im getting married in october so thats out for me, but for anyone else planning to go with AP you wont regret it.....man did we have some fun at BSR hq last year.
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #18
Aussie Pete

Oh well, can't help some people. I'll be continuing to go regularly so just drop me a line....
Old 12-08-2005, 10:54 AM   #19
Aussie Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Im planning on going next year Pete, im getting married in october so thats out for me, but for anyone else planning to go with AP you wont regret it.....man did we have some fun at BSR hq last year.
We MUST go before you get married. :baby bott :sm_headba :hihi: