Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

View Poll Results: Is the Focus a lemon?
Yes 19 17.43%
No 90 82.57%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2008, 01:05 PM   #31
64ORD
1964 Thunderbird

Have to say that Bryan Byrt Ford in Brisbane never quibbled once about any of the issues I raised with them about our LS Zetec. On the other hand the guy onsite that did the window tint before was a goose. It was back 4 times in the six weeks to sort out his dodgy workmanship and incorrect refitting of door trims etc : We had water leak issues with ours and after three goes it seems to be fixed. If the car had to stay overnight I was always handed the keys to another car without question. I also don't agree with the lemon tag but there certainly are build quality issues that hopefully have been ironed out with the LT Unfortunately I don't get to drive ours very often but when I do its very enjoyable
64ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #32
Scully
Starter Motor

Mines only 4 months old..engine is strong,very pleased,but the paintwork and build is disappointing...
Scully is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2008, 02:15 AM   #33
klone

If you are not happy with the warranty service from the dealers, dont waste your time, just contact Ford Australia and get them involved. I've had good results with my BA by going through Ford when I wasn't happy with the dealer service.

As for the Focus being a lemon, I bloody hope not. Mine is only 5 days old.
I traded up my very tidy low km BA for the Focus and I've got to say that so far I'm impressed. The car has heaps of power for a 2 ltr and handles much better than I imagined. So far, so good!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #34
Curly
SOLD: 2006 LS Focus LX

Ford Australia are just as useless as the dealers. They showed interest in helping us with our car at first then gave up. (pinging issue) They COULD NOT fix the car. Our car WAS a lemon. Our new Mazda3 does not ping.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #35
vik351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully
Mines only 4 months old..engine is strong,very pleased,but the paintwork and build is disappointing...

Dont worry mate,got mine in 12/8/06 CL auto from Adrian Brien Ford which is at the base of the Adelaide hills...

It had 6 klm on the clock when I picked her up,drove it like I stole it straight in to the hills back tracks(thats how I belive a donk should be run in) and it's been good as gold...

Only thing to go wrong is after the first service,those tools at ford musta scanned it wrong,cos after a few weeks got...bing bing bing "engine fault"

Turned it off,re started it,was fine,happened a few days later...

Took it to another dealer for a "flash"(they also found the AC had a slight leak) No probs since...

Once again ford dealers are the problem it would seem...

vik...for what the car is,I'm happy with it...
vik351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #36
scooby

I'd have to say that Ford were very helpful when I had my lemon.... totally clueless, but they did try.
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2008, 01:55 AM   #37
klone

Had mine back to the dealer today. Roof lining is damaged and distorted in one corner and a small paint chip on the edge of the bootlid.
Bootlid will be resprayed and a new roof lining has been ordered.
Old 31-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #38
NO2
Old Man

I've had my TDCI for 12 months and still have the LR (2004). While not a lemon the 2004 Focus is made in Spain and feels a lot tighter and no squecks from internal linings/panels compared to the TDCI. The TDCI has noises which while not a lemon demonstrate that the car is not as well designed and finished cosmetically. Paint on the TDCI does have blemishes.
These types of faults may extend into mechanical/body of the car with model changes as Ford continually looks at lowering the costs of construction and not improving the type 3 sub frame and engines used. The change from LR to LS models and then the back window seals/body welds leak.
Have had only an instrument panel replaced on the LR under warranty. The TDCI has had a support bearing go on the CV joint. Unfortunately had none in stock and need another trip to get it replaced. However on both occasions once the problem is identified both dealers move quickly to keep me happy. Just a pain (especiallyon the
console) to keep going in when its playing up so the conditions can be replicated and give them a chance to identify the problem.
I am happy with the cars and I guess you get what you pay for, the car is economical, and does what it required of it most of the time. At least there is someone you can talk to with problems with a car. I am having lots of problems with a new laptop and Microsoft Vista and basically I am left to find the problem and fix it myself under warranty.
I haven't checked out BMX 135, VW or Audi forums for satisfaction levels. but one could validate to an extent whether cars can be built and quality controlled to minimise faults.
NO2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #39
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how well you are treated by your dealership and how well the mechanic finds the fault is a lottery. If you find a good one stick with them.. I do find they are reluctant to admit to "COMMON" faults even if there has been a factory alert sent around. ( Only the service manager probably read it)
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #40
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The auto gearbox is a real let down to the car. I did top up the transmission with a Nulon treatment it took about 1000k's to sharpen the shifts but the second gear change clunk down to first did not go away completly. Anyway its gone now and a Mondeo Zetec has taken its place and to date is perfect, love the six speed auto.

All up our Zetec was good in every other area the engine really loosend up around the 8000k mark.

Last edited by TITO; 02-02-2009 at 08:18 PM.
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #41
fishontherun
Starter Motor

well . my thumping gear problem is still there.. and the dealership service acknowledge that there have been reports about the problem, yet nothing can be done. what does that suggest? an engineering problem in the entire focus LT line !? not lemon car, just lemon engineer !!
fishontherun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post