Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Anyone got vic gun license lately?

Hi all.
In order to progress an application, i need to join a club (fga) and book into do a longarm course. Seems like a lot of paperwork and the usual runaround too as would expect. Ive got 2 charges from 6-7 years ago. Im imagining these checks will find that pretty quick. Is there a way i can find out if im wasting my time and money if im going to get knocked back anyway?
Edit-just had a look, charges were 7 years and a month ago
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2020, 03:02 PM   #2
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Anyone got vic gun license lately?

As an ex gun owner, recently sold off my collection, I was a member of this website.
Maybe join up and ask there, I'm sure you'll get your answer, or contact a gun club and just go along to a meet as a guest and speak to people in the know there.
Also you'll find if it's for you or not. I didn't like gun clubs much, too many Wayne Kerrs, but still lots of other great shooters happy to offer assistance.
Good luck.

https://www.shootingaustralia.net/
2 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #3
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
As an ex gun owner, recently sold off my collection, I was a member of this website.
Maybe join up and ask there, I'm sure you'll get your answer, or contact a gun club and just go along to a meet as a guest and speak to people in the know there.
Also you'll find if it's for you or not. I didn't like gun clubs much, too many Wayne Kerrs, but still lots of other great shooters happy to offer assistance.
Good luck.

https://www.shootingaustralia.net/
Thanks mate, I tried calling the local DFO cop but must only be there during the week. Hopefully he can just punch my name in the computer and give me an idea.

Im only going to join the fga club for help with reasonable cause. Ive got enough friends that are into it to know the 'type' hahahaaha.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #4
Trevor 57
is now there

Ask your local firearms officer at the Police station nearest that has one
Old 23-03-2020, 07:16 PM   #5
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Ask your local firearms officer at the Police station nearest that has one
I talked to him today.
My record is ok.
But with everything else going on right now, nothing's gonna happen for about 6 months or until this all blows over and they clear the back log.
Disappointing, but not surprised.
Old 25-03-2020, 08:06 AM   #6
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At the best of times it's around a 2-3 month process, from booking your course to getting your plastic license. Who knows what will happen with all the social restrictions now.
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post