Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Angry Pedals Failed, Front End Dinted

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Today whilst I was driving on the freeway, I was silly enough to hit the accelerator instead of the brake and ran into the person in front's tow bar.

It happened at the exit of the freeway. I then proceeded to exit my vehicle in an orderly fashion whilst I then proceeded to inspect the damage that occured to both automobiles. I now have a circular indentation on my front bumper. My reasoning behind this accident is due to my aftermarket foot pedals. I promptly removed them from the vehicle. My brakes completely failed when I was trying to slow my vehicle (maybe because your foot was on the accelerator?). No damage was aquired on the ladies car all thanks to her tow bar. I will not be repairing my indentation due to the fact that I just recieved a NEW bumper bar which was only fixed a few months back. Now if I repair this bumper again, it is highly probable that some other form of indentation could occur. I do not believe that I struck any part of the vehicle that is of major significance. I have been driving the vehicle around and it feels fine.

Last edited by Ralliart; 07-02-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #2
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Translate that into English please?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 07-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
Old 07-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

me thinks accident is result of drinking... as well as slurred speech and typing.... lol...

OR...

another victim of the amazing acceleration power of the magna, and therefore, could not even see the car until he hit it.... lol....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 07-02-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
me thinks accident is result of drinking... as well as slurred speech and typing.... lol...

OR...

another victim of the amazing acceleration power of the magna, and therefore, could not even see the car until he hit it.... lol....
i wasn't speeding either my foot slipped on these pedels, grr miss spelt wasn't

Last edited by Ralliart; 07-02-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

what the hell is a toll bar? Tow bar maybe?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 07-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #7
Miller
It's Millertime!

Translation:

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Today whilst I was driving on the freeway, I was silly enough to hit the accelerator instead of the brake and ran into the person in front's tow bar.

It happened at the exit of the freeway. I then proceeded to exit my vehicle in an orderly fashion whilst I then proceeded to inspect the damage that occured to both automobiles. I now have a circular indentation on my front bumper. My reasoning behind this accident is due to my aftermarket foot pedals. I promptly removed them from the vehicle. My brakes completely failed when I was trying to slow my vehicle (maybe because your foot was on the accelerator?). No damage was aquired on the ladies car all thanks to her tow bar. I will not be repairing my indentation due to the fact that I just recieved a NEW bumper bar which was only fixed a few months back. Now if I repair this bumper again, it is highly probable that some other form of indentation could occur. I do not believe that I struck any part of the vehicle that is of major significance. I have been driving the vehicle around and it feels fine.

Anyway, from the pics, I quite honestly doubt that would have done any other damage to the car mate. Better luck next time.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:26 PM   #8
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller
Translation:

Anyway, from the pics, I quite honestly doubt that would have done any other damage to the car mate. Better luck next time.
thank u so much for doing re doing my spelling and grammer i transfered it to my 1st post. yeah well do mate.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #9
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you pass primary school english?
Old 07-02-2007, 10:15 PM   #10
Dezza
Parts bin special

If the car didn't have the towbar, and you damaged the rear bumper instead, then you could have been up for a fair few $$$

I also ran up the back of another car around a month ago (actually a forum member, so that wasn't great). He also had a towbar, but it did a lot more damage to my car

I've replaced the bumper, but I'm yet to fix the rest of the damage

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Old 07-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #11
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just had dinner???
Old 08-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #12
Bain
Starter Motor

lol.

All that rice got you in trouble eh erik?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #13
ash3
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8

hahahhahah :1syellow1 :1syellow1 :1syellow1
Old 08-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am still totally confused - WTF is a toll bar and a pdel?

Assuming a pdel is an aftermarket pedal how did that make the accelerator get pushed instead of the brake? slippery?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #15
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
Don't you mean YOU hit the car in fronts tow bar... I've never seen a toll (tow) bar hit anyone before.

How much HP did the aftermarket *blingbling* pedals give you anyway???
Old 08-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #16
colossus
Secret Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02
How much HP did the aftermarket *blingbling* pedals give you anyway???
He dosn't need extra power - it is a Magna EVO after all you know, though I wasn't aware the EVO's came in silvery/brown...
Old 08-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #17
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
If the car didn't have the towbar, and you damaged the rear bumper instead, then you could have been up for a fair few $$$

I also ran up the back of another car around a month ago (actually a forum member, so that wasn't great). He also had a towbar, but it did a lot more damage to my car

I've replaced the bumper, but I'm yet to fix the rest of the damage
Thats what EAs are for lol! I did it a couple of times in mine although there was never a tow bar. Just nip down the wreckers for a new headlight, do some hand straightening of brackets ect and off I went again.

I had somebody run up my butt when I had a towbar (coincidently on my EA again. That car had more hits than elvis, the previous owner had at least 4 accidents in it as well as the bonnet and roof being "bricked"). Put a hole through the guys bumper and into the radiator. I could just drive away.

Those Magnas can take a beating anyway. My mum drove hers into her back gate and you couldnt even see a scratch. Stuffed the gate though.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Old 08-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #18
Miller
It's Millertime!

I remember my old man coming home one day in his pontiac fiero and pointing the front. On closer inspection there was a nice big round hole in the front bar. Because it's composed mainly of fibreglass it didn't dent, but just went straight through it. Ended up being something like $3000 in repairs, all caused by a towbar attacking the car. Heh, kinda hard to try and outstop a commodore that has abs.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #19
chantra
We are all One!

Thumbs up Gold!

:
Old 08-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart

Translation:

I was pulling up at the toll gate on the freeway when my foot slipped off my shiny new pedals and onto the accelerator (but I will just say my brakes failed). I hit the car in front of me and the tow bar dented my front bumper. There was no damage to the other car. I am not going to fix my car as I do not think the damage is significant. Besides, I have only just fixed it. I am not even going to have my brakes checked, even though they "failed"...

Anyways, just thought I would let you know... :P

I would like to have seen the original post...

Ralliart mate, get it fixed - I dont think you could damage it again, could you???

: Cobra :
Old 08-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #21
chantra
We are all One!

Thumbs up

PLATINUM!!!! :-))

Same here....does anyone still have the original....?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #22
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic

Ralliart mate, get it fixed - I dont think you could damage it again, could you???

10 bucks says...... YES!!! :hihi:
Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #23
XRchic
Hello

Can a mod please change/correct the poor guy's thread title? It is just painful to look at and its just embarrassing... save him from more grief!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #24
Bain
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
If you have seen this guy drive.. Its certainly possible.

I have never seen a guy who could get lost following another car, take corners slower than a snail and generally be unaware of other traffic.

A little more background about Erik (the OP) - He used to be a member of AMC but after his 4th "Im leaving - I hate you all thread" we banned him for good.

There is a post on there about his rice padels (lol) and even a few people saying that they can cause an accident. Unfortunately Erik hasnt quite figured out how to listen to people.

End result - another accident for him..

As for changing the thread title - It should be left that way.. It adds to the amusement of The Pub.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #25
chantra
We are all One!

I confirm all that Bain just said....Plus I 2nd that the tile be left!

Peace!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #26
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*some may remember this doozy of a thread from previous*

ahem

Can I ask - do you brake with your right foot or your left foot?

Can you take us through (in english!) how it happened again in terms of feet/pedal usage.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #27
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

Old 08-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #28
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain
If you have seen this guy drive.. Its certainly possible.

I have never seen a guy who could get lost following another car, take corners slower than a snail and generally be unaware of other traffic.

A little more background about Erik (the OP) - He used to be a member of AMC but after his 4th "Im leaving - I hate you all thread" we banned him for good.

There is a post on there about his rice padels (lol) and even a few people saying that they can cause an accident. Unfortunately Erik hasnt quite figured out how to listen to people.

End result - another accident for him..

As for changing the thread title - It should be left that way.. It adds to the amusement of The Pub.
lol classic
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #29
XRchic
Hello

Awww I feel sorry for the poor guy now... afterall, he has just dinged his car. :(

Old 08-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #30
choonga
Starter Motor

BwaAHhahAhAHHAhA... dude.. if you don't know which is the accelerator and which is the brake, then you're up sh|t creek without a "padel"... *Badoom TSSSH*

oh i'm so lame
Closed Thread