Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
aufreddy

Default au2 xr8 mods

Gday fellas I have a lower and upper intake manifold along with a larger throttle body this gear is only off a 220 so its not a major upgrade.If I put these on my motor will it change the tuning greatly I cant find a dyno tune place that will do an au.If I put the throttle body on will it affect the tunig at all,have any of you guys used a flash tuner and what were the results? Thanx Freddy

aufreddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

youll need a tune.

flash tuner is the bees knees in tuning really. Id suggest stock piling all the mods you plan on doing and fit it all up and get it tuned at once.. saves on dyno/tune time

if i go for any more mods, ill buy a flash tuner (my xr8 is pretty 'mild' tho).
Old 04-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
aufreddy

Gday again thanx for your reply AUIIPURSUIT I have rung numerous places up this way no one I have talked to has the software todo the tune on AUs and they dont know anyone that does I have all this gear to go on cant find anywhere to tune it,thats why I asked about the flash tuners! What bread of flash tuner would you go for?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 

SCT is the most common and most widely used for our vehicles. It would be worth the drive to Sydney, a lot of switched on guys there. Spiro at Autotech has done many members cars on here. Give them a call.
-Craig

http://www.autotechengineering.com.au/
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
aufreddy

Thanx Craig Ive tried a couple in Sydney Ill give Autotech a go,Ill have a talk to you later about the work youve done on the gt40s thanx again! Freddy
Old 04-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

I disagree - I think it will run fine without a tune.

The manifold will be the same as what you have already so the only real difference is the throttle body, on my old XR8 the TB was changed to a 70mm one with no need for tuning.

I am assuming you are putting this gear onto an AU2 XR8 going by thread title?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
sly
Sly like a G6

Blacktrack at Thornton is the only local tuner with any type of software to tune AU's. Justin has SCT. Next closest to Singo is Tamworth IIRC. You should get the full list from Rob Herrod's website as he is now the national distributor for SCT. CAPA used to have a list of dealers when they were the distributor.

Other than SCT, Sniper (from BPT Motorsport) works with AU's, as do J3 chips from TI Performance. I think there may also be a workshop on the Central Coast that has either or both SCT or Sniper. Moates Quarterhorse also works with AU V8's.

IIRC both Herrod's and BPT are commercial sponsors of AFF, you can contact them via the commercial sponsors' forum.

OTOH TI's J3 chip and Quarterhorse are tuned with freeware, so any dyno shop with experience with LS1 Edit, VCM Suite or any of the aftermarket ECU's should be able to tune your car with downloadable software that runs on their Windows laptop.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?

Last edited by sly; 04-03-2011 at 10:06 PM.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
aufreddy

Default AU2 xr8 mods

Gday Sly hows things,thanx for your comments what is Black Track like would you trust them to man handle your car I dont know anything about them I was heading over there on Fri to talk to them.