Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Ladiesman217
I can count to potato!

Default NXE: New Xbox Experience (Leaked!)

The install files for the NXE have been leaked onto the internet and it is now available for all to try out. Now just to let you all know, YOU CAN NOT CONNECT ONLINE WITH IT TILL NOVEMBER 19th, it will not allow you. So if you plan to game online, do not use this. Also there is no guarantee that Microsoft will not ban your console or get angry at you, so USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I have the NXE installed and it works fine and looks great. Some of the features still have to be downloaded after the Nov 19th release date as this is just a preview.
If you can live for 2 and a half weeks without using LIVE its definatly worth it. It's just a 7meg download and installs in less than 30 seconds. This new update to the Xbox 360 allows us to have our games installed directly onto the hard drive so loading times will be shorter than before when using just the DVD drive. Also, it pays to note that you can not use this update unless you have at least a 512mb memcard on your Xbox.

There are two way's you can install it, download the NXE Preview RAR, extract the $SystemUpdate folder to your Flash drive or burn in to a data cd. Put it into your Xbox and turn it on. If it does not automatically update, turn your Xbox off and back on again with the disk or Flash drive still in the Xbox.

Forum download link is here: http://digiex.net/homebrew/594-xbox-...-download.html

Ladiesman217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

It's definitely worth it?

Apart from a different interface, (and I use my 360 to play games and not fiddle with the interface) what does it add to make if definitely worth getting it today and not wait till it's officially released in less than 3 weeks?
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #3
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

im guessing nothing at all.

its only 3 weeks.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

screenshots?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Ladiesman217
I can count to potato!

There's heaps using Google Images

Ladiesman217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
Lion Slayer
Is Ford, Is Good

Thanks mate, i'll try it later.

Herrod Camshafts-Pacemaker ceramic coated 4-1 extractors-100 cpsi cats-X-Force dual 2.5 inch stainless catback exhaust-Bluepower CAI-Mellings oil pump-4.11 diff with truetrac-Lowered on SL / SSL-TSW Nurburgring 20x9.5/8.0

Custom tuned by RDP 260 rwkw
Lion Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #7
Nevermind
Goodbye XR8

Im not fussed. You still need the game in the drive to play, so other then a few micro seconds here and there in load times, I cant see the point. I use my load times to take another swig of my bourbon and coke anyway haha.