Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-01-2016, 11:15 PM   #1
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

Default Installing Real Time Coolant Sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUFanboy View Post
Hey,

The sensor is connected to the ECU, which then sends the temperature info (along with other stuff) to the dash cluster via a serial data connection. So if your temp gauge is working then the sensor must be working. The fans should come on low speed when the gauge reaches the last mark before the N (of Normal). They should then switch into high speed mode (jet taking off) at about 105 degrees, which on an AUII will be just between N and O (the gauge is faked somewhat and sits in the same spot from 92 to 110ish). I would replace all three relays and start the car and check for low and high speed fan operation.

Here's the schematic from the manual:
http://www.fordwrm.co.za/manuals/For...on_auII664.pdf
and
http://www.fordwrm.co.za/manuals/For...on_auII665.pdf

Is this just a matter of a swap over of the coolant temp sender to give me a live and correct coolant temp read out whilst retaining my standard gauge in the cluster
I assume the same applies for the oil pressure switch.
Old 28-01-2016, 12:11 AM   #2
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Installing Real Time Coolant Sender

You can get that information out of the ecu with a Quarterhorse... but exactly why you'd want a 'realtime' gauge giving you a temperature in °F I don't know. If you look through datalogs from the ecu you'll notice the coolant temp doesn't (& shouldn't) vary greatly once operating temperature is reached.
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2016, 07:43 AM   #3
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

Default Re: Installing Real Time Coolant Sender

What about installing a sender from an E Series 5.0 ??